Android Growth, Statistics & Projections
Mar 19, 2010 9:18 AM –
Stuart Dredge compiled Mobile Entertainment’s Guide to Android; packed with Google Android Growth, Statistics and Projections.
Key Stats Include:
- About 60,000 Android phones sold daily, about 22M a year
- Motorola DROID slightly out selling iPhone sales in 2-1/2 months time (1.05M versus 1M). Nexus One barely over a tenth of the aforementioned (135K).
- Google Android facing fragmentation woes with several versions in the market
- Android Market tipped over 30,000 Android Apps (3rd party AndroLib.com reports more than 36,000)
- About 60% of Android Apps are free compared to iPhone’s 25%
- The average paid Android app prices at $3.27
- U.S. make up 65% of Android devices
- More iPhone consumers tend to buy apps than Android consumers (50% versus 21%)
- On mPlayIt’s Android Arcade, more consumers look for apps than games (17% games, 83% apps); whereas on their iPhone Arcade look more for games than apps (64% games, 36% apps).
- Rock star Android developers shine like PolarBit with over 1 million downloads and Edward Kim bringing in $13k a month from app sales
- Android Market will hit 75K Android Apps while Apple exceeds 300K.
Full PowerPoint Presentation: