Battery Saver Android FREE – easy to use power saving app for Android!
Nov 8, 2012 11:07 AM –
Battery Saver Android FREE is one of those useful little tools that can help you squeeze every last drop of juice out of your power-hungry Android. Featuring an easy to use interface and a handy slew of tools, Battery Saver Android FREE takes the thought out of preserving battery life when you are away from a precious charger for long periods.
Price: Free (obviously!)
Tested on: HTC One X
Pros & Cons:
- Simple UI!
- Detailed battery info!
- App uninstaller!
- Battery charge alarm!
- No explanation as to what the ‘optimizer’ actually does.
I’m sure we’ve all been there… running out of battery at the most inopportune moment. There are of course ways around this- spare batteries, power packs and portable chargers for example. There are also app options, such as Battery Saver Android Free, which enable you to reduce your power usage and preserve your battery. The app includes a clear and easy to understand user interface and a variety of features which make such management a breeze.
The first screen you see features a large representation of your battery and the percentage level. Below there is a navigation panel which features:
- Battery; various info that includes estimated remaining times.
- Alarm lets you create a setting where your phone will notify you with an alarm when you reach a certain battery level. This perhaps let you manage your usage more efficiently.
- Optimize promises to ‘prolong Your Battery Life!’ although it doesn’t explain how.
- Settings let you toggle power-hungry elements of your device on and off. These include: WiFi, Bluetooth, Auto Sync, Auto Rotation, GPS and Brightness Setting.
- Uninstaller is a useful additional feature which lets you remove installed apps via check list, which is marginally more convenient that having to go through everything in the Google Play Store or your devices Applications settings.
So, the app is very functional and I can certainly see the benefit of it if you’re away from a charger for a period and need your device to last as long as possible. There are plenty of apps out there that perform the same feature, most notably the likes of JuiceDefender and Power Tune-up. However, Battery Saver Android Free is another worthy option and certainly the simplest to use.
Battery Saver Android Free – Time remaining
Battery Saver Android Free – Left time, ie when it will run out based on certain tasks
Battery Saver Android Free – The mysterious optimizer
Battery Saver Android Free – Optimizing
Battery Saver Android Free – Set alarm notifications
Battery Saver Android Free – Uninstaller
Battery Saver Android Free – Settings
If you’ve ever been caught short of battery while out and about you’ll appreciate the value of apps that might save you battery. Battery Saver Android Free is such an app and it works well and offers plenty of useful features.
Ease of Use:
I would strongly suggest that it is one of the easiest battery saver apps that I have used. The tabs along the bottom allow you to navigate easily to where you want to go and the interface is very clear.
This perhaps depends very much on the user themselves and how often they are away from home/office and are required to make the most of their battery.
The interface is simeple and certainly easy to use, but it looks perhaps a little too basic and dated. Compare this, for example, to Power Tune-up. A similar service is provided in both apps but Power Tune-up looks far slicker. In functionality there isn’t a whole lot between them, but us Android users value aesthetics and perhaps prefer apps to be better looking that this. Additionally the banner ads along the bottom are pretty horrible.