CamCard – Business Card Reader
Apr 18, 2011 7:00 AM –
CamCard – Business Card Reader. CamCard is the best business card reader. It can capture business card images with phone-based camera, recognize the card image content, and the recognized result is automatically organized as a contact and saved into phone address book and Card Holder. In addition, CamCard contains many useful features, such as email signature recognition, QR code generation and recognition, export Excel files and etc.
Price: Free, $6.99 (Western Languages), $11.99 (Full)
Pros & Cons:
- Superior business card scanner app loaded with features
- Very accurate with information capture
- Supports batch card recognition & double-side recognition
- Ability to export contacts in VCF or Excel CSV
- Multi-language character recognition
- Intuitive and well designed
- Currently does not support Google Apps contact sync
Features & Usefulness:
CamCard Business Card Reader is the ultimate business organization tool for any business person or networker! This app allows you to take a picture with your phone’s camera of business cards and capture the information saving time. The app can also save you some dough versus buying a hardware business card scanner. The free version is limited to scanning up to 10 business cards a day, there is CamCard – BCR (Western) for $6.99 which recognizes western languages and the full version for $11.99.
Being a Google Apps user, the biggest gripe I have is the current lack of support for automatically adding contacts to Google Apps contact list. You could use the apps’ Card Holder feature to connect with contacts or manually sync one-by-one… but who wants to do that?!? Of course there is a workaround to export all contacts scanned, email the exported file to yourself, then log into Google Apps contacts and import the file. Thereafter your Android device will then sync those scanned contacts to the device as usual. 😡
Of all the business card scanner/reader apps reviewed this one really impresses with it’s accuracy and user experience. When scanning each individual information item can be edited before saving, images are automatically cropped (other card scanner apps require you to crop cards yourself), supports batch scanning, double-side card scanning, a pseudo phone contact manager in the form of Card Holder feature, plus much more! The app is really loaded with feature set… see below:
- Automatically trim and enhance card image before save into Card Holder.
- Options to save into the phone/Gmail/Exchange contact.
- Automatically recognize the language type of the card image content.
- Automatically rotate the card image
- Batch shooting or importing card images for recognition
- QR code generation for the contact’s content
- QR code recognition for the contact’s content
- Email signature recognition
- Double-side business card image capturing
- Search contact in Card Holder
- Export contact as vcf or Excel file in Card Holder
- Add note
- Password protection
- Support Likedin invitation or search
- Support business card recognition for English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese
CamCard Business Card Reader Main Menu
CamCard Business Card Reader Capturing Card
CamCard Business Card Reader Information Editing Screen
CamCard Business Card Reader Quick Contact Access
CamCard Business Card Reader Card Holder
CamCard Business Card Reader Categories
CamCard Business Card Reader Recognize Card from Picture
CamCard Business Card Reader Email Signature
Ease of Use & Interface:
Taking a page from Apple’s design guide playbook… the user interface aesthetics are just beautiful, not to mention how simple and intuitive overall app operation is. If you take a trip digging inside every feature it shows just how robust the software tool is.
Chances are if you’re interested in this product you are a casual to quantified business card collector. You will definitely get your bang for your bucks in the amount of time it will save you with information collection.