Crime Coast – become ‘Crime King’ & build the ultimate syndicate city
Jun 16, 2015 7:29 AM –
Crime Coast is mafioso influenced tycoon builder game. In this crime riddled thriller, it’s your goal to build the largest crime city by employing fiends, putting henchmen to work, paying shyster lawyers for dirty deeds, thwarting cops, teaming up online with other families, raiding other towns while protecting your own… all to become the next Crime King. Have the chops to be the boss? Let’s find out in this review!
Price: Free, Offers in-app purchases
Tested on: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Pros & Cons:
- Addictive tycoon builder game… keeps you busy and coming back for more!
- Highly detailed rich graphics and animations!
- Join online alliances!
- Minor: personally wish you can zoom in more.
Crime Coast starts off with a good interactive tutorial teaching you the ropes- showing what tasks need to be done in order to build a crime laced city. It’s important to understand the options on the screen:
Starting from top left corner and clockwise…
- Your username and mafia (if joined). You have to do enough tasks to earn a name initially.
- Your cash on hand and max amount.
- Gold bars are used to speed up tasks i.e. after building a house you can either wait the elapse timer or pay to speed it up.
- There is a column of active extras such as number of days you’re protected from raids or builder status, etc.
- The skull icon represents mafias of other online gamers (it’s a good idea to start or join one!)
- Builder icon is very important and houses all productivity, defense, and more activities you can purchase.
- Along the bottom of the screen will be hints and reminders of tasks you must complete.
- Target icon opens the option to raid other cities.
- Star shield hosts all rewards of extra cash and gold for completing tasks.
- There is a real-time chat with other players.
There are several items you must gradually build and continue to upgrade to new levels. For starters, you must always protect and enhance your mansion from attacks or police raids. Furthermore, you must build defenses like walls, gunners, towers, lay land mines and more. Moving objects around your land is pretty simple, drag and drop where you like. After being raided you’ll learn to better fortify and protect your mansion- so build with that in mind.
To build these you are initially supplied with building companies and workers to do the hard work. Otherwise it’s the hired henchmen that will do deeds or be muscle. Speaking of, part of your tasks requires raiding and taking over other crime cities. This involves deploying each character against a town causing mayhem and total destruction. There are other henchmen you must unlock and attach to dirty deeds too. At the completion of a goal you’re awarded cash and other items needed for your city. Also important in your city are stores and banks. The former allows you to generate steady cash flow (besides what you plunder or get rewarded) and the latter helps you expand the max amount of cash you can hold. These are just the tip of the iceberg of features you’ll be acquainted with as you journey along the city builder adventure.
The graphics are extremely detailed with good animation- though some of the action can get graphic with body parts and blood everywhere. My only minor gripe with the game is that I wish you could zoom in a little more than what’s offered. I played the game on a phone when I should have started on a tablet to better appreciate the bustling world.
Crime Coast – Building My City
Crime Coast – Bustling City
Crime Coast – Bail Out Henchmen
Crime Coast – Hire Henchmen
Crime Coast – Upgrade Items
Crime Coast – Raids
Crime Coast – Shop Currency
Crime Coast – Hall of Fame Mafiosos