EXCLUSIVE: Amazon App Store Free Android Apps Saves Consumers $900/yr [Chart]
Jul 6, 2011 6:00 AM –
In an exclusive report we compiled for Amazon regarding their App Store free Android app of the day, consumers save nearly $900 on Android apps annually! We also conducted our own survey of our members to accompany very interesting conclusions and seeing evidence of how multiple competitive app marketplaces can benefit consumers. Even if customers only downloaded the free apps every day, it would be equivalent to what some pay annually to their wireless carrier; another perk for purchasing an Android phone or tablet. Here is the complete Amazon free Android apps of the day list. Let’s get into the report:
Key Facts from Our Report:
- Amazon gave away more than 100 Android apps between 3/22/11 – 6/30/11, with retail value at $238.31.
- In one quarter Amazon gave away $214.13 of the retail value worth of apps, if projected over the course of a year accounting for app price increases one could conclude ~$900/yr in savings for 365 apps. This translates into $71.38/month, $16.47/week in app savings or average cost per app of $2.36.
- Even though many users come only for the free app of the day, 72.2% of consumers surveyed spend between $1-$10/month on Android apps. 😯
- The most popular app category Amazon has given away was Games at 57%.
- 24% of apps offer “Test Drive”, Amazon’s test-on-computer option before you download an app.
- Exclusive titles such as Angry Birds Rio, Chuzzle, Plants vs Zombies and Peggle launched on Amazon and are currently not available in the Android Market with the exception of Angry Birds Rio. (All exclusive app launches happened on Tuesdays)
- Most consumers surveyed prefer Google Android Market over Amazon App Store; a whopping 92.4% to 7.6%.
- More consumers surveyed are ‘Very Satisfied’ with Google Android Market App Selection and Ease of Purchase while ‘Satisfied’ with Amazon’s. However, more consumers surveyed were ‘Satisfied’ with Amazon’s Return Policy while less than half were “Dissatisfied’ with Google’s.
- Many International consumers are upset Amazon App Store is only available in the U.S. currently.
- Amazon users tend to rate apps lower than Google users.
Regarding Amazon’s lower user trends in ratings, AndroidTapp.com Android app review service is committed to thoroughly evaluating Amazon’s free app of the day, to help consumers confidently know of the pros and cons of Android apps before downloading. As we have seen on rare occasions Amazon swap the daily free app due to poor user reviews. However, their gesture still benefited the consumer with a bonus app during that day.
Amazon App Store Free Android Apps of the Day Savings Chart:
Click to enlarge
Amazon Free Android Apps of the Day Report
Embed the chart in your blog or website:
Price & app list data generated from Amazon.com from 3/22/11 – 6/30/11. Survey data generated by AsSeenOnPhone’s™ AndroidTapp.com. Permission of use is granted provided source is credited with URL link. © 2011 AsSeenOnPhone™.
, Amazon Android App Store
, Amazon App Store
, Amazon Appstore
, Amazon Free Android Apps of the Day List
, Amazon Free App of the Day
, Amazon Free App of the Day List
, Android Apps
, Android Statistics
, Android Stats
, As Seen On Phone
Categorised in: Announcements, Apps Blog, Featured, News