Jan 4, 2009 1:39 PM –
fBook is an Android app that allows you to interact with your Facebook account from your T-Mobile G1 or Android powered device by Next Mobile Web.
fBook has 6 main features: Home, Profile, Friends, Inbox, Search, and Photo Uploading.
- Home has your normal Facebook features such as News Feeds (from your friends), Events and Friend Requests.
- Profile contains your Info, Wall and Photos. You can’t change your Info and Edit Photos via fBook, but can write a post on your Wall.
- Friends allows you to check your friends Status, see who’s Online and your friends Photos posted.
- Inbox contains your recent messages. You can Compose, view Sent messages and Edit them.
- Search pulls up an iPhone-like interface for searching your friends or anyone on Facebook.
- Photo Uploading allows you to easily send pics from your Android phone to your Facebook account.
- You can also receive and control the frequency of Facebook alerts sent to the notification bar of your Android phone.
fBook Home – News Feed
fBook Profile – Wall
fBook Profile – Info
fBook Inbox – Compose
FYI, fBook only offers a few features over the official mobile WAP version Facebook developers created for any phone. But at least it’s a better attempt than the MySpace Mobile app for Android.
Gripe Alert: when you log into fBook, it logs you out from your desktop session and vice versa. (Unsure why, but believe it may be a Facebook API issue…)
The useful feature is the Photo Uploading while mobile and the notifications that you can receive.
Ease of Use:
fBook is straight-forward and easy to use, very similar to the desktop version of Facebook.
Frequency of use is dependant on the user. If you’re always on Facebook, then you’ll value this Android App .
The user interface and graphics resembles the official Facebook website; clean and easy to navigate (with some slightly jerky transitions).