Google Android Traction Statistics [Infographics]
May 26, 2010 11:00 AM –
Here is a visual representation of the latest stats regarding Android’s traction in the 18 months since debut. Information provided by Google Inc. at Google I/O 2010.
Key figures from the statistics:
- Google rapidly produces updates to the Android platform; often times OEMs and carriers struggle to keep up with software updates for consumer devices. Many factors attribute to this like phone processor limitations or custom user interfaces.
- According to AdMob, Android is first in total Web & App usage in the U.S. and second in smartphone sales behind RIM’s Blackberry.
- More than one billion miles have been navigated with Google Maps Navigation.
- Google experienced a 5x growth in mobile search (from 2008-2010).
- Last month we told you Google was seeing more than 60k daily activations, that number has now jumped over 100k.
- There are 60 compatible devices, 59 carriers, 48 countries, and 21 OEMs supporting Android.
- Android has more than 50,000 Android Apps with more than 180,000 developers.
Google Android Traction Statistics (Q1 2010)
Embed the chart in your blog or website: