How to Manually Install Android 2.2 on Nexus One
May 22, 2010 4:56 PM –
A few days ago Goggle officially announced Android 2.2 at Google I/O 2010 developers conference. There are reports of a few Nexus One owners receiving the automated update alert, however rollout is at a snails pace. If you’re impatient and want Froyo now follow the steps below to manually update Nexus One to Android 2.2:
- Update: Google removed their hosted link so we’ve placed the file on our servers so can download the Android 2.2 firmware for the Nexus One here (45MB).
- Important: Copy it to the root of your SD card so it resides “sdcard/update.zip”.
- Power off your Nexus One
- Hold down the “Volume Down” button as you power the phone back on.
- The screen should show your phone’s system searching for various files. Scroll down using the “Volume Down” button to select “recovery” by pressing the “Power” button.
- The next screen will have the triangle with an exclamation point, press and hold the “Power” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
- From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip” with trackball.
- When the screen displays “Install from sdcard complete” select “reboot system now” and wait for the phone to power back up.
Note: If you’ve Rooted your Nexus One you would have to revert back to the stock Android 2.1 in order to update using this manual install. I’m updating and will give results with video. Make a fast phone even faster plus ability to install apps to SD Card… incentive enough! See a list of what’s new in Android 2.2!