How to Manually Install Android 2.2 on Verizon Motorola DROID
Aug 3, 2010 8:55 PM –
If you don’t already know, Verizon is rolling out the latest Android software (version 2.2) to it’s family of DROID phones this week. However if you don’t want to wait on the official OTA (Over the Air) update you can manually download, install and reap the Froyo goodness of the latest software. Below we’ve included easy steps to manually update your Motorola DROID to Android 2.2:
How to Manually Install Android 2.2 on Verizon Motorola DROID:
- Download the official Android 2.2 software from Google servers Android 2.2 (FRG01B)
- Copy the file to your microSD card and name it “update.zip” (Note: not update.zip.zip)
- Power off your phone, holding down the “X” button on the physical keyboard and power it back on to boot into recovery mode.
- When you see the exclamation point in a triangle symbol “/!\”, press volume up and the camera button to display the recovery options.
- Use the d-pad to navigate to “apply sdcard:update.zip” and select it.
- When you see “Install from sdcard complete”, select “reboot system now”.
- Many users say Flash for Android is not visible in the Market however you can get it directly from this page on Adobe’s site.
[Via Android and Me]