How to Save YouTube Videos on your G1
Dec 14, 2008 1:00 AM –
Here’s a cool totally mobile solution to Save YouTube Videos on your T-Mobile G1 or Android powered phone. (This can be done on your computer, but the purpose of this article is a mobile solution on the phone by taking advantage of the G1’s “Copy & Paste” capability… something the beloved iPhone doesn’t have… yet!)
- Search for the video you want. In the video below, I choose “The Transporter 3 movie trailer”
- Tapp the YouTube link, by default the G1 will prompt 2 options: Browser or YouTube. Chose “Browser”. The reason, to get the YouTube link.
- Tapp “Menu” + “Go to URL”, the YouTube URL should appear http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodviK1AHdg.
- Press on the keyboard “Menu” + “C” to Copy on the G1
- Go to a website www.keepvid.com
- In the search field press on the keyboard “Menu” + “V” to Paste on the G1, hit Enter
- Slide down and Tapp “›› Download ‹‹ (video.mp4 – High Quality)“. This will open a new window and download the MP4 in your browser history. Disregard the .FLV version as the G1 can’t do Flash Video… yet. (Alternatively, it’s saved on your SD Card under “downloads” folder)
Voila! There you have it… enjoy 😀
For the non-readers, the YouTube video is attached below:
Got questions, feedback or concerns? Express it below in the Comments. Also, like these tips, plenty more to come, and the best way to stay updated is to Subscribe to the RSS Feed or Subscribe by Email.