Leaked Alert: Verizon Wireless 2010 and 2011 Plans Includes Android 3.0, Android Tablets, 1.3GHz Android Phones, LTE and More
Aug 10, 2010 7:46 AM –
It seems Boy Genius Report has obtained some inside scoop on the 2010, 2011 and some of 2012 roadmap for Verizon Wireless; including our beloved Android in tablets and newest version Android 3.0 (Gingerbread), LTE MiFi units, global roaming phones, and more. Below is a brief outline of the plans to come!
- Joining the Motorola branch of the DROID family; DROID, DROID X, DROID 2 will be the Motorola DROID Pro. Boasting 1.3GHz CPU, 4 inch screen and global roaming capabilities. Estimated launch of November 2010.
- Motorola and Verizon are working on a “slab form-factor” device running Android 2.2, touchscreen keyboard and global roaming, hinted to be a lower cost MOTOBLUR handset?
- More Android phones to invade the smartphone market including global roaming phone from both Samsung and HTC.
- Samsung working on Android based tablet with 7 inch touchscreen and front-facing camera. Motorola is working on a 10 inch Android tablet rumored to have either 1GHz or 1.3GHz processor and running Android 3.0, however 3.0 might push back the 2010 debut as Gingerbread is rumored to release February 2011.
- Verizon aiming for 75% of the country covered in LTE by April 2012
- Coming will be a Novatel LTE MiFi device available January or February apparently supporting up to 10 simultaneous Wi-Fi users.
- LTE data plan pricing will probably be $59.99/month, though it’s unclear what the data allowance will be. (For data cards, not smartphones)
[Boy Genius Report]
Tags: 1.3GHz Android Phones
, Android 3.0
, Android Tablets
, DROID 2
, DROID Pro
, Global Roaming Phones
, Leak Alert
, Motorola DROID 2
, Motorola DROID Pro
, Novatel LTE MiFi
, Verizon Wireless
Categorised in: News