Preview: CoPilot Live Truck
Jan 24, 2011 11:40 AM –
ALK Technologies is at it again. They’ve just released a new product for commercial trucking called CoPilot Live Truck. This is the compliment to their successful product for passenger vehicles CoPilot Live.
CoPilot Live Truck is the first of it’s kind: a voice-guided GPS naivgation application that offers truck-specific guidance and routing on your Android phone! This is app is designed specifically for professional drivers of trucks and other large commerical vehicles. So of course, your first question will be: what makes it different than other navigation apps including Google Maps?
CoPilot Live Truck has a few features you won’t find with most navigation apps:
- Safe & reliable routes on truck-legal roads
- Calculates routes based on vehicle size, width and load type to avoid and commerical truck restrictions
- Avoids low bridge heights and clearances and weight/height/width-restricted roads
- Avoids Hazmat or flammable materials-restricted roads as appropriate
- Efficient routing options include Practical, Shortest, 53’/102” Trailer or Twins, National Network and Toll Avoidance
- Ability to create custom route profiles for easy switching between vehicles
- Generate state mileage logs to provide an accurate record for billing and tax calculation
- Millions of useful Points of Interest for professional drivers are pre-installed, including truck services, truck stops, rest areas and weigh stations and CAT Scales
- All this without being reliant on a mobile internet connection for navigation!
We haven’t had a chance to sit down and explore the app yet but we expect to get the same amazing experience we had while using the passenger vehicle version of CoPilot Live! Look out for a full review in the near future.
Be sure to check out our review of CoPilot Live here.