Spectrum by LG, Android Smartphone with same display technology as their Televisions
Jan 9, 2012 4:55 PM –
LG announced the Spectrum for Verizon with strong focus on the 4.5 inch True HD IPS (In-Plane Switching) display, the same display technology used in premium LG HD televisions. Capable of 4G LTE, the phone acts as a mobile HotSpot for up to ten devices.
The Spectrum has a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor, 8 megapixel rear camera capable of 1080p HD video, 1.3 megapixel front camera, DLNA enabled, and features an app for editing HD content directly on the phone called SmartMovie HD.
Spectrum by LG will be available on January 19th in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
Spectrum by LG Images:
LG Spectrum Side View
LG Spectrum Bottom Angle View
Spectrum by LG
Spectrum by LG Key features:
- 4.5-inch True HD IPS display provides natural colors and brilliant, undistorted HD images in 16:9 aspect ratio. Pictures and texts are incredibly sharp with 329 pixels per inch (PPI) screen density.
- Protected by Corning® Gorilla® Glass, the True HD IPS display uses Real Stripe subpixel arrangement so images never get blurred.
- Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread (Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade available the first half of 2012); support for Google™ Mobile Services including Gmail™, YouTube™, Google Talk™, Google Search™, Google Maps™ and access to more than 300,000 apps available to download from Android Market™.
- Preloaded Netflix app allows Netflix subscribers to stream the latest movies in high-definition quality.
- Qualcomm 1.5 GHz dual-core processor makes multitasking seamless. Customers can surf the Web, check email and update social networks effortlessly.
- ESPN’s ScoreCenter app offers the most comprehensive sports coverage available on an Android device whether you follow the NFL or Premier League, ICC Champions League or MLB™, NASCAR or Formula One™. Customers can follow teams from more than 500 leagues around the world with an exclusive 720p high-definition feed for Spectrum by LG while connected to the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network or Wi-Fi.
- Spectrum supports Dolby® Digital Plus, which allows users to maximize their HD multimedia experience. Dolby Digital Plus can stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems.
- 8-megapixel rear-facing autofocus camera with LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat
- SmartMovie HD app—create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum by LG
- Mobile Hotspot capability—share 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Bluetooth® Version 3.0
- 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed with support for up to 32 GB microSD card
- SmartShare—share media wirelessly to DLNA®-enabled devices HDMI mirroring capable via MHL.
Tags: Android 2.3
, Android Smartphones
, CES 2012
, Spectrum by LG
Categorised in: Android Phones, Featured, News