Mar 15, 2011 7:00 AM –
Thrutu. With Thrutu, share location, photos, and more – without leaving the phone call. Thrutu brings new fun and function to the phone call. Share location, contacts, photos and more – all at the touch of a button. It’s so simple that you’ll wonder why phone calls couldn’t always work this way. Thrutu comes with five different buttons, each a fun and easy way to share information and media during a conversation. In the future, Thrutu will offer additional buttons such as social gaming, event planning or the ability to connect instantly via favorite social media channels. The potential for new sharing capabilities is limitless.
Pros & Cons:
- Conveniently share contacts, photos, camera, and location with the person you’re talking to on the same call
- Requires both parties to have the app to use the features
- Not the apps fault but requires voice and data at the same time; sorry Verizon (3G) & Sprint (3G) folks 😛
Features & Usefulness:
Thrutu is a convient way to share contacts, photos, camera, and location while on a call. Provided the other party has the app sharing things is a breeze. Say you’re on the phone with your loved ones and want to share a picture of your kids, this app makes it easy to share the photo (there’s no options to save shared photo however they’re saved to “Downloads” section of SD card automatically). By far the best feature is sharing contacts, as we know default Android does not make it easy to simply share a phone contact. Although many of this apps’ features can be done while on a call in combination of default Android and a few other apps, Thrutu makes it readily available and they are onto something really cool here.
U.S. carriers with CDMA bands such as Verizon (3G) and Sprint (3G) customers won’t be able to use the app due their lack of voice and data capabilities at the same time. Please note: Sprint 4G customers CAN use the app when on 4G. However with 4G LTE I was told by Verizon COO, Lowell McAdam, that application developers will be able to deliver data apps during voice calls… so you’ll have to wait for that market saturation.
- Location: callers can see each other’s position update live on a map.
- Camera: snap and share a photo during a call
- Gallery: select and share a photo from those already stored on the phone.
- Contacts: share contact details that will appear instantly in the other caller’s address book.
- Prod: for the first time, you can convey touch in a phone call! Playfully poke the other person by causing their phone to vibrate during the call.
Watch in HD or Mobile
Thrutu Incall Options
Thrutu Share Contacts
Thrutu Share Maps Location
Ease of Use & Interface:
You plus the calling party need the app, which you can easily invite phone contacts to download it! Once on the call, there is a floating menu to the right, slide it open and you have the options to share location on Google Maps, share photos from camera or phone’s gallery, plus one-click contacts sharing, and poke (vibrate other callers phone… please don’t abuse it as it can be annoying)!
Once installed Thrutu will detect on every call whether the other party can Thrutu back or give options to invite them if they do not.