TiKL – Touch To Talk (PTT)
Jun 21, 2010 9:57 AM –
TiKL – Touch To Talk (PTT). Instantly talk to one or many of your friends with the touch of a button. All you need is their phone numbers. No more waiting for the phone to ring. Simple and free, TiKL turns your android phone into the ultimate Push To Talk (PTT) Walkie Talkie. No voice plan or SMS used for calls.
Pros & Cons:
- Get Push to Talk technology communication between any Android phone
- Communication is near instant if both parties are on 3G or 4G
- Engage in touch to talk conversations with one or many contacts simultaneously
- Detects simultaneous talking
- Easily invite others to download the app
- Initial contacts setup can be a bit convoluted but manageable
- Does not work over Wi-Fi, however not meant for stationary communication
Features & Usefulness:
TiKL – Touch To Talk (PTT) is simply Awesome! It allows traditional push to talk technology between any cellular network without dedicated hardware all via the app and the Internet. Dubbed touch to talk, it literally works how it sounds, once your contacts are selected and have the app installed (or easily invite others to download the app) you push or hold the on-screen button and speak to your contact(s).
Unlike other walkie talkie apps that recorded audio and emailed it, this app’s communication is near instant if both parties are on 3G or 4G (does not work over Wi-Fi), with maybe 1-3 seconds delay if not. Engage in touch to talk conversations with one or many contacts simultaneously. Plus it detects simultaneous talking between parties so you can balance out the conversation.
What’s cool is that fact that you can chirp your friend, the app opens for them to continue in a conversation with you. This app has many great uses among people for quicker conversations than calling or texting or even companies who already implore PTT communication.
Touch to Talk
Touch to Talk Contact List