Jul 1, 2010 10:01 AM –
Vignette. Add film and camera effects to your photos. Feautres: 62 effects & 21 frames, Full res, Flash (if avail), Self-timer, 10× zoom, Geotagging.
Price: Free, UK£2.99
AndroidTapp.com Android App Review:
Pros & Cons:
- Tons of cool visual effects to add to camera phone photos
- Import pictures from your existing photo gallery to apply effects to
- Offers 10x digital zoom
- Geotag your location within photos
- So far the Pro version can only handle up to 5 megapixel resolution
Vignette Android App is a nice camera app that can possibly replace the default camera app for most Android phones (although the latest Android 2.2 “Froyo” version offers a limited set of sweet comparable goodies too). Using the app makes you seem like somewhat of a camera phone pro with it’s built in filters and effects:
- Normal – generic film effect
- Vignette – focus attention at the center of the frame
- Porta – Smooth skin tones for flattering portraits
- Velvia – vivid colors for nature photography
- Ilford – Classic black and white
- Plus more like… Toy camera, Vintage, Colour Highlight, Tinted monochrome, Lens effects, Cinematic and even customize filters by combining them
Plus many photo frame effects like rounded edges, oval shaped, Polaroid photo borders, panoramic and more. You can import and apply Vignette effects to photos. Geotag pictures which will save your location in the photos’ metadata. Offers 10x digital zoom (while most Android phones offer a default of 2-4x digital zoom), however we notice going up to 10x won’t do your pics any justice.
Vignette Photos 1
Vignette Photos 2
Vignette Photos 3
The app adds a level of awesomeness to those bland cell phone pics you may be taking.
Ease of Use:
The on-screen controls consist of photo crop slider on the left, on the right are filters, frames, image resolution quality, white balance, flash and timer toggles. Tip: for Android phones without a dedicated camera button (like Nexus One, HTC Desire, HTC Legend, etc.) tap the screen to snap the photo. 😉
Only caveat… once you save the effect you do not get an original copy to maybe re-edit effects for photos taken with Vignette.
As recommended this app could possibly replace your default camera phone app, if that is it case then as frequent as you snap some pics.