Pokémon GO recently received an update on both Android and iOS over the past weekend and it brought some changes that killed off popular map app PokéVision but others like Smart Poke V2 seem to thrive. Google has been removing apps of the ilk that violate the developers terms of service so we shall see the longevity of the latter mentioned app. We’ve detailed many of the new features below for your perusal…
The major update highlights include:
- Footprints did not work in the previous version, so instead of fixing it Niantic removed it. Bummer because in theory, had it worked it should have indicated which direction and how close you were to nearby Pokémon.
- You can customize your avatar after initial game setup now.
- Favorited Pokémon cannot be transferred as the are protected, only those un-starred can be.
- More warnings within the game past the initial alert screen i.e. don’t trespass, don’t drive and Pokémon, etc.
Official change log of Pokémon GO version 0.31.0:
- Avatars can now be re-customized from the Trainer profile screen
- Adjusted battle move damage values for some Pokémon
- Refined certain Gym animations
- Improved memory issues
- Removed footprints of nearby Pokémon
- Modified battle damage calculation
- Various bug fixes during wild Pokémon encounter
- Updated Pokémon details screen
- Updated achievement medal images
- Fixed issues with displaying certain map features
- Minor text fixes
If you found these tips helpful, link to us and share them with others. Have questions or concerns? Chime into the comments below!