candiDate – dating app to find mate based on similar political interests
Jan 3, 2015 7:00 AM –
candiDate can find you Mr. or Mrs. Right (or Left)!
* “Never go on a politically mis-matched date again with candiDate” – Red Alert Politics, @RedAlert
As seen on Take Part Live, candiDate is a free dating service that helps members connect with local singles based on shared politics, values and beliefs. Use the nonpartisan candiDate app to find, connect, chat and date other like-minded, conscientious, thoughtful and real people.
Look, if you want a quick hookup, use Tinder. If you’re looking for someone who matches your positions on the key issues impacting the world today, try candiDate.
Here’s how it works:
1. Select your “Yay” or “Nay” positions on key issues including: abortion, gun control, health care, higher education, defense spending, jobs, the environment, gay marriage, the budget, spending and taxes, social security and foreign affairs. The questions are sourced from Vote Smart, the premier non-partisan, citizen-driven organization devoted to voter education.
2. To refine your match to another candiDate user, browse ten Congress members in the House of Representatives and Senate whose voting records are closest to your answers to those same questions — in other words, browse your political soulmates. You’re on your own if you’re looking to date them though 😉 Swipe right or left on each of them to “Yay” or “Nay” them regardless of the their voting records.
3. The app then uses those votes and swipes to match you to your best “candiDate” — another person using the app in your local area who shares your beliefs and values. Before connecting you to your match, you will have the option to register to vote via Rock the Vote’s robust online voter registration system. You can then start privately chatting with that candiDate match, or move on to find another candiDate.
Republican, Democrat, Independent, Tea Party, Green or even if you just like watching “Veep” or “House of Cards”, there’s a candiDate waiting to be matched to you. We can’t all be Mary Matalin and James Carville – political opposites don’t usually attract. candiDate is the best way to find the match who is right (or left or moderate) for you.
* Meghan McCain on the candiDate dating app: “I love James Carville and Mary Matalin but… my most successful relationships are with Republicans.” – @MeghanMcCain
* James Poulos of The Daily Beast on the benefits of using candiDate: “If you say I just want to date someone from the same political party as me…you can do it without seeming like a horrible human being.” @JamesPoulos
Note: We ask you to sign up via Facebook so we can recommend matches. We NEVER post anything on Facebook. Follow us on Twitter at @candidate_app and friend us on Facebook to share your candiDate dating stories!
Copyright 2014-15. HelpsGood. All Rights Reserved.
Note: The candiDate app started during Causathon, a hackathon competition focused on creating impactful technology solutions for nonprofits. Rock the Vote, a participating organization, challenged teams to find disruptive ways to inspire more young people to register to vote as over 50% of 18 to 29 year-old eligible voters are not currently registered. During the 24-hour hackathon, a minimum viable product of candiDate was conceived and produced by a team of developers and designers who had not worked together before. Ultimately, the candiDate app was selected by a panel of esteemed judges as a Causathon Competition Finalist. The app continued to be developed by HelpsGood, a digital agency focused on creating social good.
This app has not been reviewed by AndroidTapp.com
, Dating App
Categorised in: Lifestyle
for review, promote apps
, get more installs with better app videos