How to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge (Sponsored)
Jun 30, 2015 8:03 AM –
Spondored Article by UnlockScope.com
Where did you plan your summer vacation this year? Greece? Thailand? or maybe the Dominican Republic? Are all the items in your list checked already? Bath suit – checked. Sun glasses – checked. Your favorite book – checked. But I could bet something is missing from your checklist. And that’s an important thing you wouldn’t want to miss, trust me. In this article I’ll share with you a tip that will help you save money on your trip abroad, while you’ll stay in touch with your dear ones as usual.
While spending your vacation abroad, using a local carrier SIM helps you avoid expensive roaming fees, especially if you want to have internet access. You can share your experiences with your friends, keep in touch on your social accounts, and don’t miss important stuff (whether it’s your email, your news feed or your favorite blog) – all at an incredibly better price than the roaming fees, by using a local SIM card.
In order to use a local carrier SIM into your beloved Samsung Galaxy S6, you have to make sure your phone is not network locked. Nowadays, when you purchase a smartphone, you will certainly get one that is network locked and, as a result, you won’t be able to switch network providers or use your phone with a local SIM while traveling abroad. Thanks to the online unlocking platforms, designed to set phones free from the network lock, you can have your Samsung Galaxy S6 unlocked fast and easy.
In this article I will provide you with all the information you need in order to unlock your device. So let’s get started!
Benefits of unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
- Freedom to use your smartphone with any network provider
You can simply swap out your SIM card and have access to the network that you want. Let’s say you are an AT&T customer and you want to take your handset to T-Mobile for various reasons like better internet connection, cheaper monthly plans, better customer support, and so on. In order to use a T-Mobile SIM card into your AT&T Samsung, you first need to unlock your phone.
- Avoid unreasonable roaming fees
Every time you are traveling abroad (long or short term) you can have zero roaming fees by using a local carrier. That’s awesome isn’t it? In order to be able to use a SIM card from a local network provider, you first need to unlock your phone.
- Significantly increase the reselling value of your phone
Everyone wants to buy an unlocked device rather than a locked one. People you sell your phone to may not use the same network provider as you, so they need to buy an unlocked phone to use it with their carrier. Definitely the reselling value of an unlocked phone is higher than the value of a locked one, plus, selling an unlocked phone increases the chances of rapidly finding a buyer. Do you want to sell your handset for a far better price? Then it’s time to unlock it!
The unlocking process of the Samsung Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge
There are several online unlocking platforms which can help you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6. UnlockScope.com and UnlockUnit.com are two reliable ones, which can assist you during the process, so you can unlock your device safely and efficiently at a cut-price.
Once you have chosen your unlocking service, you must follow 3 easy steps:
- Place an order to obtain the unlock code for your Samsung Galaxy S6
At this first step you’ll be asked to complete an order form where you’ll have to provide 3 pieces of information:
- the e-mail address where you want to receive the unlocking code (you’ll find the code in your Inbox);
- the IMEI of your phone – can be found by dialing *#06# on your phone or by checking the sticker underneath the battery;
- the country and network you originally bought your phone from.
- Receive the unlocking code on your email
After your order has been successfully submitted, you will receive an e-mail with your unlocking code and instructions on how to insert your code. The timeframe in which the e-mail will be delivered depends on the country and network you originally bought your phone from.
- Insert the unlocking code into your Galaxy S6
On this last step you have to insert a SIM card which is NOT from the same provider that your phone was originally bought from. Once you turn on your device the message “SIM network unlock pin” will be displayed on the screen (see image below).
You have to enter the unlock code in the designated field and to press the “Unlock” button. Here you go! The message “Unlock Successful” will shortly be shown and your phone will start with the new network service.
Here is a short video tutorial of the entire unlocking process:
Did you know?
- The safest method to unlock your phone is by unlocking codes. This process will not make any damages to your device.
- No technical skills required. Yes, anyone can unlock their phone by following the 3 easy steps mentioned above.
- You don’t need to remove all your personal data while unlocking your phone by code. No one can access your private information as the phone will be permanently with you.
- Whether you use UnlockScope.com, or UnlockUnit.com, you can have your unlocking code based on your budget or on your available time. There are 3 price options with different time frames so you can select the option that suits your needs.
All in one
Having your phone unlocked by code is not only the safest method, but easiest, fastest and cheapest too. Whether you are planning to travel abroad, change network provider or sell your Samsung Galaxy S6, unlocking your phone will give you the freedom to use it with the carrier of your choice and will help you save money.
If you unlocked your Samsung Galaxy S6 already, please feel free to share with us your experience in the comments below. Oh, and have fun on your vacation! 🙂