Spiceworks Mobile app brings robust IT network management to Android phones
Jun 9, 2011 9:15 AM –
Spiceworks released a new version of its mobile application for Android. The update allows IT professionals to connect with peers, access the help desk and manage their networks from their Android devices. Spiceworks Mobile for Android can be downloaded from the Android Market or scan the barcode above to download.
“By bringing Spiceworks to both the Android and iPhone mobile platforms, we’re making it easier for nearly every small business IT pro to support and keep tabs on their networks no matter where they are,” said Francis Sullivan, co-founder and CTO of Spiceworks. “It’s another example of how we’re working with our 1.5 million users to find new and better ways to help them manage everything IT.”
Key features include:
- Help Desk – allows IT pros to open, access, edit and manage Spiceworks help desk tickets from their Android or iPhone device.
- Inventory & Monitoring – enables users to view the status of their servers, software applications and cloud services. As a result, IT professionals on the go can stay informed about the health of network services and devices.
- People View – allows IT pros to access employee contact information from Spiceworks. In addition, they can upload employee photos taken with their Android or iPhone device to their Spiceworks user profiles.
- Community of IT Pros – gives users a way to view posts, answer questions, ask for help and comment on topics that spark their interests from the Spiceworks community of IT pros.
- Low Bandwidth Requirements – because this is a native application, the amount of data sent between the mobile app and Spiceworks is very lean, which means it performs well over a VPN or 3G mobile network.