Mar 10, 2011 7:00 AM –
Videocam illusion & Videocam illusion Pro lets you record videos with effects in real-time “Videocam illusion Pro” is the first video camera app that lets you record videos with effects in real-time. Combine filters, effects and masks to create amazing videos without an editing software. You can even save your favorite combinations of effects and change while you’re recording, creating original movies.
Price: Free, $2.78
Pros & Cons:
- Create cool effects while recording video
- Many cool effects, backgrounds and screen resolutions to choose from
- Video gets choppy on higher video resolutions
Brought to us by the creators of Camera Illusion, Videocam illusion is a cool real-time special effects app with many setting to apply to the camera on your Android device. Other apps apply effect post-shooting whereas you get to create some funky combos while shooting! Here the features of what you get in the Videocam illusion Pro (less in standard):
- 18 filters: mono, negative, sepia, aqua, old photo, pencil, chalk, emboss, lomo, thermal, ascii art, comic, x-ray, oil, black & white, red channel, green channel & blue channel.
- 13 effects: thin, fat, tall, short, horizontal/vertical mirror, pixelization, fisheye, mosaic, light tunnel, pinch, twirl & rough glass.
- 6 masks: frame, cork board, monitor, bricks, negative film & landscape.
- 5 recording speeds: very slow, slow, normal, fast & very fast.
- Upload your videos: Youtube, GMail, Dropbox, …
- 3 memories for storing your favorite combos.
- Change the effects while recording.
Videocam illusion Pro Camera Settings
Videocam illusion Pro Camera Settings 2
Videocam illusion Pro Camera Effects
Videocam illusion Pro Camera Effects 2
Videocam illusion Pro Video Playback
Videocam illusion Pro Settings
Equipped with this app, you’ll find excuses to video more. We’re interesting in seeing what creations you capture with it so drop a YouTube link to your video in the comments below!
- The numbers 1, 2, and 3 allow you to longpress and save the effect preset to memory.
- To upload video, tap the mountain picture icon, when presented with list of videos only tap the upload icon for sharing apps on your device such as YouTube.
- Flash icon = Flash, Mountain picture icon = picture gallery, Star icon = toggles video effects.
- Touch the screen to auto-focus.
- Videos are stored on the SD card, inside the folder “Videocamillusion”.
- If the recording does not go very smooth try lowering the video resolution (in the Settings menu).
- You can also play the recorded videos on a PC/MAC using QuickTime Player, Windows Media Player or VideoLAN.
- Press the volume keys to change the selected combo.