Wild Rift: Champion Guide – Darius, the Hand of Noxus
Darius is a fighter/bruiser champion in League of Legends: Wild Rift, which is generally played in the Baron Lane. His passive ability ‘Hemorrhage’ causes the enemies to bleed for physical damage over five seconds when proc’d. With his first ability, Darius winds up and swings his axe in a complete circle, damaging enemies and healing himself based on the number of enemy champions or large monsters he hits with his blade.
His other abilities include Crippling Strike (has a slow effect) and Apprehend (pulls enemies/monsters towards Darius.) Darius’ ultimate, ‘Noxian Guillotine’ deals a lethal blow to an enemy champion. If the enemy champion is killed, Darius can use his ultimate again within a short duration of time.
- Decimate – Level 1/4/6/8
- Crippling Strike – Level 2/12/13/14
- Apprehend – Level 3/7/9/10
- Noxian Guillotine – Level 5/11/15
Strengths: Darius is strong in 1v1 duels thanks to his passive ‘Hemorrhage.’ He is a tank champion but can dish out decent damage in team fights thanks to his ultimate ability ‘Noxian Guillotine.’
Weakness: Darius kind of scales off (loses his impact) into the later stages of the game as it’s very easy to kite a Darius. Marksmen like Vayne, Quinn, and Ezreal do well into Darius in the late game.
You need 5500 blue motes or 725 wild cores to purchase Darius.
Recommended Keystones and Summoner Spells with Darius
Summoner Spells: Flash + Ignite or Ghost/Exhaust (situational)
- Conqueror Setup: Conqueror + Brutal + Hunter-Titan + Hunter-Genius
- Grasp of the Undying Setup: Grasp of the Undying + Weakness + Loyalty/Spirit Walker + Pack Hunter
- Standard Build: Black Cleaver > Teleport Enchant > Sterak’s Gage > Death’s Dance > Randuin’s Omen or Warmog’s Armor > Guardian Angel
- v/s Tank Build: Black Cleaver > Mortal Reminder > Teleport Enchant > Death’s Dance > Bloodthirster > Guardian Angel
- v/s Heavy AP Build: Black Cleaver/Trinity Force > Teleport Enchant > Maw of Malmortius > Spirit Visage or Abyssal Mask > Bloodthirster > Warmog’s Armor or Guardian Angel
- Strong Against: Darius counters champions that have low defense and low mobility in the early game like Nasus, Olaf, and Shyvana.
- Weak Against: Darius is weak against champions that have high mobility or some CC (stun or silence) in their kits like Garen, Camille, and Fiora. Darius also struggles against marksmen like Vayne, Quinn, and Ezreal in the later stages of the game.
How Good is Darius in Wild Rift?
When Darius was first made available in the closed beta, he was ripping through his opponents in both early and late game. That’s the reason why Darius was not available in Wild Rift’s open beta so far. However, after several adjustments to his kit, Darius is finally here. Undoubtedly, Darius is going to be a ‘S’ tier champion in Baron Lane, thanks to his kit that makes him a strong duelist in every stage of the game.
LoL Wild Rift: Darius – FAQ’s
1. Can Darius be played in any other lanes?
No, Darius is best played in the baron lane. However, you can play ‘Jungle’ role with Darius, but the early game will be a struggle because of slow jungle clear of Darius.
2. Can I build full Attack Damage on Darius?
You can, even though it’s not recommended at all. However, building full Attack Damage on Darius is like inviting enemy marksman to eat you up in the late game.
3. What are the core items on Darius?
Black Cleaver, Teleport Enchant, Sterak’s Gage, and Guardian Angel.