League of Legends: Wild Rift Champion Guide – Draven, the Glorious Executioner
Draven is an Attack-Damage carry champion in League of Legends: Wild Rift, which is generally played in Dragon Lane. With his passive ability ‘League of Draven,’ he gets stacks of Adoration on catching his axes. Killing an enemy champion grants Draven with 50 Gold, plus 4 Gold for each Adoration stack. His first ability ‘Spinning Axe’ is probably the primary damage ability in his kit, which makes his auto-attacks deal bonus physical damage.
His other abilities include Blood Rush (grants attack and movement speed) and Stand Aside (knocks enemies aside.) Draven’s ultimate, ‘Whirling Death’ hurls two massive axes that deal 200 + 100% bonus attack damage. Interestingly, the axes return to Draven once they reach the end of the map.
- Spinning Axe – Level 1/4/6/8
- Blood Rush – Level 2/12/13/14
- Stand Aside – Level 3/7/9/10
- Whirling Death – Level 5/11/15
Strengths: Draven is excellent when it comes to 2v2’s and team fights. He gets a ton of gold once he cashes in his ‘Adoration Stacks.’ With his ultimate ‘Whirling Death,’ Draven can finish off the enemies anywhere on the map.
Weakness: To play Draven to its full potential, you’ll need to learn how to catch his axes while hitting minions in the lane or during team fights. Failing to do so can result in Draven losing his Adoration Stacks.
You need 5500 blue motes or 725 wild cores to purchase Draven.
Recommended Keystones and Summoner Spells with Draven
Summoner Spells: Flash + Heal. Go with Barrier when you’re against Assassins or heavy burst damage AD/AP champions.
- Conqueror Setup: Conqueror + Brutal + Regeneration+ Hunter-Genius
- Fleet Footwork Setup: Fleet Footwork + Hunter-Vampirism + Regeneration + Hunter-Genius
- Standard Build: Infinity Edge > Rapid Firecannon > Gluttonous Quicksilver > Bloodthirster > Phantom Dancer/Statikk Shiv > Guardian Angel
- v/s Tank Build: Infinity Edge > Rapid Firecannon > Gluttonous Quicksilver > Mortal Reminder > Bloodthirster > Guardian Angel
- v/s Heavy AP Build: Infinity Edge > Rapid Firecannon > Gluttonous Quicksilver > Maw of Malmortius > Bloodthirster > Guardian Angel / Spirit Visage
- Armor Penetration Build: Youmuu’s Ghostblade > Duskblade of Draktharr > Gluttonous Quicksilver > Phantom Dancer > Infinity Edge > Mortal Reminder
- Manamune Build: Manamune > Rapid Firecannon > Gluttonous Quicksilver > Infinity Edge > Death’s Dance > Mortal Reminder/Guardian Angel
- Strong Against: Draven is a beast in the early game. If played with the right mechanics, he can dominate other marksmen like Ashe, Ezreal, and Miss Fortune.
- Weak Against: Draven is weak against champions that can duel with him for a while as it becomes difficult to catch all the axes in an intense duel. He is also weak against hyper-carry marksmen like Jinx, Ziggs, and Jhin.
How Good is Draven in Wild Rift?
Draven was available for a short time during Wild Rift’s alpha test. At that time, Draven was ranked ‘C’ tier, i.e. neither good nor bad as an Attack Damage carry in Dragon Lane. Even though he has a strong early game, you need to be good with him to make him relevant in the late game. Considering there are decent numbers of marksmen in LoL Wild Rift already, it’s tough to say if Draven will become a Meta Pick like Ezreal or not. Well, let’s hope for the best!
LoL Wild Rift: Draven – FAQ’s
1. Can Draven be played in any other lanes?
Yes, Draven can be played in the baron lane. But, as Draven doesn’t have a dash/blink ability, he’ll be vulnerable to the ganks of enemy jungler.
2. Can I build Lethality on Draven?
Yes, you can, even though we’ll not recommend it. There are different builds that you can try on Draven. If you want to, you can also try out the ‘Manamune’ builds or the ‘Armor Penetration’ builds with Draven.
3. What are the core items on Draven?
Infinity Edge, Gluttonous Quicksilver, Rapid Firecannon, and Bloodthirster.