Wild Rift: Champion Guide – Teemo, the Swift Scout
Teemo is undoubtedly the most annoying champion in League of Legends: Wild Rift. He is an Ability Power damage based marksman champion which can be played in both Baron and Middle Lane. His passive ability ‘Guerrilla Warfare,’ Teemo gains invisibility after standing still for 1.5 seconds. After leaving stealth, Teemo gains a burst of attack speed for 2 seconds. Interestingly, Teemo can also get the invisibility if he moves inside the bush for 1.5 seconds. His primary ability is the first ability ‘Blinding Dart’ which deals Ability Power damage and the target hit by this ability misses all their attacks for a short time.
His other abilities include Move Quick (movement speed bonus) and Toxic Shot (poisons the target.) Teemo’s ultimate, ‘Noxious Trap,’ places a trap that stealths and arms in 1 second. When an enemy champion walks over it, the trap detonates dealing damage and slowing them in the process. This trap also provides vision to the team over a short area on the map.
- Blinding Dart – Level 2/12/13/14
- Move Quick – Level 3/7/9/10
- Toxic Shot –Level 1/4/6/8
- Noxious Trap – Level 5/11/15
Strengths: Thanks to his kit, Teemo is extremely good against Tank/Bruiser champions and also against champions that deal damage from auto-attacks. (generally marksmen) Teemo’s ultimate ‘Noxian Trap’ is the main arsenal in his kit, which can create a big impact in team fights and skirmishes in the later stages of the game.
Weakness: Teemo has low defense stats in the early game and is weak against heavy Attack Damage/Ability Power assassins that can kill him with just their abilities. If played the wrong way, Teemo has almost none to zero impact in team fights.
You need 5500 blue motes or 725 wild cores to purchase Teemo.
Recommended Keystones and Summoner Spells with Teemo
Summoner Spells: Flash + Ignite or Barrier/Exhaust
- Conqueror Setup: Conqueror + Brutal/Gathering Storm + Regeneration + Manaflowband
- Electrocute Setup: Electrocute + Gathering Storm + Regeneration + Hunter-Genius
- Standard Build: Liandry’s Torment > Nashor’s Tooth > Ionian Stasis > Infinity Orb > Rylai’s Crystal Scepter > Rabadon’s Deathcap
- Attack Speed Build: Liandry’s Torment > Nashor’s Tooth > Ionian Stasis > Runaan’s Hurricane> Rylai’s Crystal Scepter > Rabadon’s Deathcap
- Anti-Heal Build: Liandry’s Torment > Nashor’s Tooth > Ionian Stasis > Morellonomicon > Rylai’s Crystal Scepter > Rabadon’s Deathcap
- Strong Against: Teemo counters almost all the champions that are melee ranged like Nasus, Dr. Mundo, Malphite, and so on. He is also good against most of the marksmen in early to mid-game.
- Weak Against: Teemo is weak against champions that have high resistances and can sustain for a longer duration against him like Fiora, Camille, and Singed.
How Good is Teemo in Wild Rift?
Teemo is undoubtedly the most annoying and notorious champion in LoL Wild Rift. He can be played in multiple roles and lanes. Even though Teemo is strong in one on one duels, has good late game scaling and can set up plays for his team, it’s a tall task to make use of Teemo in a straight on 5v5 team fight unless you have set up your ‘Noxious Trap’ around the enemy team. Considering how low of an impact a champion like Teemo can have in team fights, he’ll be a ‘B’ tier champion in Wild Rift.
LoL Wild Rift: Teemo – FAQ’s
1. Can I build Attack Damage on Teemo – Marksman?
Considering that all the abilities in Teemo’s kit does Ability Power damage, it is a bad idea to make Attack Damage build on him. However, you can always make the Nashor’s Tooth build on Teemo while playing him in the Dragon Lane.
2. How do I maximize the potential of Teemo’s ultimate ‘Noxious Trap’?
Well, it’s always good to put Noxious Trap on places around objectives (dragon pit, baron pit, river area) or in areas of the map where you think a team fight or skirmish is going to take place.
3. What are the core items on Teemo?
Teemo Mage Build – Nashor’s Tooth, Liandry’s Tormet, Rylai’s Crystal Scepter, and Rabadon’s Deathcap
Teemo AD Marksman Build – Runaan’s Hurricane, Manamune, Statikk Shiv, and Infinity Edge