League of Legends: Wild Rift Champion Guide – Wukong, the Monkey King
Wukong is a fighter/bruiser champion in League of Legends: Wild Rift, which is generally played in Baron Lane or Jungle. With his passive ability ‘Stone Skin’, Wukong gains some bonus armor and regenerates a small amount of his missing health every five seconds. His first ability ‘Crushing Blow’ empowers his staff, extending its range to deal bonus physical damage, and reduces the armor of the enemy champion for three seconds.
Wukong’s abilities include Warrior Trickster (grants invisibility) and Nimbus Strike. (Dashes to an enemy champion) Wukong’s ultimate, ‘Cyclone’ makes him and his clone spin their staffs for two seconds while dealing physical damage and knocking the enemies up in the air for a short time. This ability can be cast again that mimics the first cast’s effect.
- Crushing Blow – Level 1/4/6/8
- Warrior Trickster – Level 3/7/9/10
- Nimbus Strike –Level 2/12/13/14
- Cyclone – Level 5/11/15
Strengths: Wukong is strong in 1v1 duels thanks to his second ability ‘Warrior Trickster.’ You can build Wukong as a semi-tank champion and is excellent for split-pushing the lanes in mid to end stages of the game. His ultimate ‘Cyclone’ can knock up multiple enemies at the same time.
Weakness: When Wukong’s ultimate is on cooldown, you cannot get the desired results in a team fight with him unless you attack the enemy champions from a flanking position. Apart from that, Wukong does well overall.
You need 5500 blue motes or 725 wild cores to purchase Wukong.
H3 Recommended Keystones and Summoner Spells with Wukong
Summoner Spells: Flash + Ignite or Exhaust (situational)
- Conqueror Setup: Conqueror + Brutal + Hunter-Titan + Hunter-Genuis
- Grasp of the Undying Setup: Grasp of the Undying + Weakness + Loyalty/Spirit Walker + Pack Hunter
- Standard Build: Trinity Force > Black Cleaver > Teleport Enchant > Sterak’s Gage > Death’s Dance > Guardian Angel
- v/s Tank Build: Black Cleaver > Mortal Reminder > Teleport Enchant > Death’s Dance > Bloodthirster > Guardian Angel
- v/s Heavy AP Build: Black Cleaver/Trinity Force > Teleport Enchant > Maw of Malmortius > Spirit Visage or Abyssal Mask > Bloodthirster > Warmog’s Armor or Guardian Angel
- Strong Against: Wukong counters champions that have low defense and low mobility in the early game like Nasus, Olaf, and Shyvana.
- Weak Against: Wukong is weak against champions that have high mobility or some CC (stun or silence) in their kits like Garen, Camille, and Fiora.
How Good is Wukong in Wild Rift?
Wukong is a champion that does well overall. He has a strong early, mid, and late game and can even one-shot squishy champions with ease. Wukong can be rated as a ‘S’ or ‘A’ tier champion in Wild Rift based on how good the champion does in 1v1’s, small skirmishes, and also in team fights.
LoL Wild Rift: Wukong – FAQ’s
1. Can Wukong be played in any other lanes?
No, Wukong is best played in the baron lane. However, you can play ‘Jungle’ role with Wukong, but the early game will be a struggle because of a slow jungle clear.
2. Can I build a full tank on Wukong?
You can, even though it’s not recommended at all. Since all the abilities in Wukong’s kit deal physical damage, building full tank on Wukong will certainly extinguish his kill potential on squishy champions in the late game.
3. What are the core items on Wukong?
Trinity Force, Teleport Enchant, Sterak’s Gage, and Guardian Angel.