How to Download & Use Telegram on PC?
Messaging apps are simple to use and don’t consume a lot of data for storage and communication. Things get even better with the Telegram app as it utilizes cloud-based technology for seamless device transitions. You can access your account on your smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc., with just one click.
Telegram is also a trending messenger app because it allows hassle-free documents and media transfer. The groups on this platform have a mammoth 200,000 capacity that helps build a community of like-minded people with common interests. You get all of that and a lot more on Telegram, and the best part is that you don’t need to pay a penny for it.
What are the Features of Telegram?
Telegram has gained massive popularity over the past few years because the developers have worked on app optimization to enhance user experience. Here of some of its features that are helpful in more ways than one:
1. Automatic Contact Searching
When you create a new account on Telegram, you don’t need to manually add or find your contacts. The app lists down all your contacts who’re on Telegram, and you can connect with them by starting a conversation. You’ll also be notified whenever a person in your contact list joins Telegram. Easy, isn’t it?
2. Large Group Size
Telegram follows a community-driven approach and allows community builders to create and maintain Telegram groups with an enormous 200,000 member capacity. Students who want to learn can get study notes from these groups, and other utility groups also help you get the relevant information. You can become a part of as many groups as you want and leave them when your purpose is fulfilled.
3. Secret Chat Option
All chats on Telegram are end-to-end encrypted to ensure data security and chat privacy. However, there’s an option to start a secret chat where all the data is stored in a client-to-client device mechanism and not on the cloud server. It’s the highest privacy option on Telegram and is beneficial when you’re sharing sensitive or confidential information. The chats stored in secret chat boxes are synced together, so if one user deletes a message, it’s also deleted from the other party’s device. Messaging cannot get any safer than this.
4. Easy Media Files Transfer
You can share large media files over a Telegram chat given you have a stable and high-speed internet connection. You can send a 2 GB file over a single message, and there’s no limit on the number of files. This feature is of great use when you can’t find the desired file on the internet or meet the sender in person.
5. Share your Location
Location sharing is a standard feature that you get in other messaging applications too. Telegram keeps up with the norm and allows you to share your live location with your contacts. To share your location, open the person’s chat window with whom you want to share your location. You’ll find the “Location” option when you click on the “paper clip” button.
How to Use Telegram on your PC or Laptop?
The Telegram app on the Play Store and App Store has millions of downloads. PC and laptop users have an optimized application for Telegram alongside a direct web browser login option. Here’s how you can use it on your laptop and computer system:
- Download the Telegram Desktop app for your system and create your account using your mobile number and other details.
- The app is synced with your mobile app, and you can track conversations and reply to chats from any device of your choice.
- Telegram Desktop app is also available for macOS and Linux (32 and 64 bit).
- You can also access your Telegram account using the quick Telegram Web alternative. Use any optimized browser like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc., for the best experience.
- Secret chats are not synced when you use any other app other than the original chat source. To access secret chats, you need to open the chat window in the device you sent the messages from.
- Every recent chat is aligned on your screen’s left, and an adjacent chat box window opens on the right side.
- You can send attachments by adding them from the paper clip option or by the drag-and-drop method.
- All emoticons and stickers work the same way as any other instant messaging app.
How to Install the Telegram App on your Laptop or PC using BlueStacks?
The BlueStacks app player helps you run the app of your choice on your computer system without any lags and crashes with improved system security. Here’s how you can run the Telegram app on your PC (https://www.bluestacks.com/apps/communication/telegram-app-on-pc.html) using BlueStacks:
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete Google Sign-in to access the Play Store, or do it later.
- Look for Telegram using the search bar on the top-right corner.
- Click to install Telegram from the search results.
- Complete Google Sign-in (if you skipped step 2) to install Telegram.
- Click the Telegram icon on the home screen to start using the app.
Telegram is a robust and secure instant messaging app that packs many innovative features for improved user experience. You can optimize the application further using the BlueStacks app player. Download Telegram for your PC or laptop and access your account on-the-go using BlueStacks.