PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW) ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
Welcome to BlueStacks. Please read on to learn the rules and restrictions that govern your use of our website, products, software, services, and applications, we are making available to you (the “Services”). If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding these terms or the Services, please contact us at eula at bluestacks dot com; or Bluestack Systems, Inc., 2105 South Bascom Avenue, Suite 380, Campbell, CA 95008, USA.
Will these Terms ever change?
We are constantly trying to improve our Services, so these Terms may need to change along with the Services. We reserve the right to change the Terms at any time, but if we do, we will bring it to your attention by placing a notice on the website (https://www.bluestacks.com/terms.html), by sending you an email, and/or by some other means.
If you don’t agree with the new Terms, you are free to reject them; unfortunately, that means you will no longer be able to use the Services. However, if you use the Services in any way after a change to the Terms is effective, that means you agree to all of the changes.
Except for changes by us as described here, no other amendment or modification of these Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by both you and BlueStacks.
What about my privacy?
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at eula at bluestacks dot com.
What are the basics of using BlueStacks?
You may be required to download and install certain software to your mobile device or computer, and sign up for an account, and select a password and user name (“BlueStacks User ID”). You promise to provide us with accurate, complete, and updated registration information about yourself. You may not select as your BlueStacks User ID a name that you don’t have the right to use, or another person’s name with the intent to impersonate that person. You may not transfer your account to anyone else without our prior written permission.
You represent and warrant that you are an individual of legal age to form a binding contract (or if not, you’ve received your parent’s or guardian’s permission to use the Services and gotten your parent or guardian to agree to these Terms on your behalf).
You will only use the Services for your own internal, personal, non-commercial use, and not on behalf of or for the benefit of any third party, and only in a manner that complies with all laws that apply to you. If your use of the Services is prohibited by applicable laws, then you aren’t authorized to use the Services. We can’t and won’t be responsible for your using the Services in a way that breaks the law.
You will not share your account or password with anyone, and you must protect the security of your account and your password. You’re responsible for any activity associated with your account.
Your use of the Services is subject to the following additional restrictions:
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not contribute any Content or User Submission (each of those terms is defined below) or otherwise use the Services or interact with the Services in a manner that:
- Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including BlueStacks);
- Violates any law or regulation, including any applicable export control and data privacy laws;
- Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, offensive, graphically violent, pornographic, or otherwise objectionable;
- Jeopardizes the security of your BlueStacks account or anyone else’s (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Services as you);
- Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes, or attempt to post or transmit any information that constitutes a virus, bug, malicious code, or other harmful item;
- Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure);
- “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- Copies or stores any significant portion of the Content;
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services. BlueStacks has a zero-tolerance policy against child pornography and will terminate any account and make reports to the appropriate law enforcement authorities about any user who publishes or distributes child pornography.
What are my rights in BlueStacks?
The materials displayed or performed or available on or through the Services, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, audio media, videos, data, articles, photos, images, illustrations, User Submissions, and so forth (all of the foregoing, the “Content”) are protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. You promise to abide by all copyright notices, trademark rules, information, and restrictions contained in any Content you access through the Services, and you won’t use, copy, reproduce, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, upload, display, license, sell or otherwise exploit for any purpose any Content not owned by you, (i) without the prior consent of the owner of that Content or (ii) in a way that violates someone else’s (including BlueStacks’) rights.
You understand that BlueStacks owns the Services. As between you and BlueStacks, (or other company whose marks appear on or via the Services), BlueStacks (or the respective company) is the owner and/or authorized user of any trademark, registered trademark and/or service mark appearing on the Services, and is the copyright owner or licensee of the content and/or information on the Services, unless otherwise indicated. Except as otherwise provided herein, use of the Services (including any software) does not grant you a license to any content, features or materials you may access on the Services and you may not modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, reproduce (except as expressly provided in this Section), or create derivative works of such content, features or materials, in whole or in part, or otherwise exploit any of the Services. Any commercial use of Services (including any software) is strictly prohibited, except as allowed herein or otherwise approved by us. Nothing on any Services should be construed to grant any license or right to use any BlueStacks marks or logos without our prior written consent.
The Services may allow you to copy or download certain Content; please remember that just because this functionality exists, doesn’t mean that all the restrictions above don’t apply – they do!
Do I have to grant consent to BlueStacks to communicate with me?
Contests and Sweepstakes
We sometimes run contests and sweepstakes on our Services. The official rules for any contest or sweepstakes will be published on the site where you may enter such contest or sweepstakes. Current contest and sweepstakes official rules can be found at [LINK]
Do I have to grant any licenses to BlueStacks or to other users?
For your User Submissions, or if you provide us (in a direct email or otherwise) with any feedback, suggestions, improvements, enhancements, and/or feature requests relating to the Services, you hereby grant BlueStacks a license to use, display, reproduce, distribute and otherwise exploit and act with respect to such User Submissions, in each case to make that User Submission accessible to all BlueStacks users and to enable us to operate the Services, as well as all other rights necessary to use and exercise all rights in that User Submission in connection with the Services and our business. Also, you grant all other users of the Services a license to access your User Submission, and to use and exercise all rights in it, as permitted by the functionality of the Services.
You agree that the licenses you grant are royalty-free, perpetual, sublicenseable, irrevocable, and worldwide. This is a license only – your ownership in User Submissions is not affected.
Finally, you understand and agree that BlueStacks, in performing the required technical steps to provide the Services to our users (including you), may need to make changes to your User Submissions to conform and adapt those User Submissions to the technical requirements of connection networks, devices, services, or media, and the foregoing licenses include the rights to do so.
What if I see something on the Services that infringes my copyright?
You may have heard of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”), as it relates to online service providers, like BlueStacks, being asked to remove material that allegedly violates someone’s copyright. We respect others’ intellectual property rights, and we reserve the right to delete or disable Content alleged to be infringing, and to terminate the accounts of repeat alleged infringers; to review our complete Copyright Dispute Policy and learn how to report potentially infringing content, click here. To learn more about the DMCA, click here.
Who is responsible for what I see and do on the Services?
Any information or content publicly posted or privately transmitted through the Services is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated, and you access all such information and content at your own risk, and we aren’t liable for any errors or omissions in that information or content or for any damages or loss you might suffer in connection with it. We cannot control and have no duty to take any action regarding how you may interpret and use the Content or what actions you may take as a result of having been exposed to the Content, and you hereby release us from all liability for you having acquired or not acquired Content through the Services. We can’t guarantee the identity of any users with whom you interact in using the Services and are not responsible for which users gain access to the Services.
You are responsible for all Content you contribute, in any manner, to the Services, and you represent and warrant you have all rights necessary to do so, in the manner in which you contribute it. You will keep all your registration information accurate and current. You are responsible for all your activity in connection with the Services.
Third Party Services:
Your interactions with organizations and/or individuals found on or through the Services, including payment and delivery of goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such organizations and/or individuals. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any online or offline transaction with any of these third parties. You agree that BlueStacks shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings.
If there is a dispute between participants on this site, or between users and any third party, you agree that BlueStacks is under no obligation to become involved. In the event that you have a dispute with one or more other users, you release BlueStacks, its officers, employees, agents, and successors from claims, demands, and damages of every kind or nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way related to such disputes and/or our Services. If you are a California resident, you shall and hereby do waive California Civil Code Section 1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which, if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.”
Will BlueStacks ever change the Services?
We’re always trying to improve the Services, so they may change over time. We may suspend or discontinue any part of the Services, or we may introduce new features or impose limits on certain features or restrict access to parts or all of the Services. We’ll try to give you notice when we make a material change to the Services that would adversely affect you, but this isn’t always practical. Similarly, we reserve the right to remove any Content from the Services at any time, for any reason (including, but not limited to, if someone alleges you contributed that Content in violation of these Terms), in our sole discretion, and without notice.
Does BlueStacks cost anything?
Many of our Services are currently free. We reserve the right to require payment of fees for certain or all Services. To the extent that certain of our Services may be subject to payments now or in the future (the “Paid Services”), the following terms apply:
- Billing. We use a third-party payment processor (the “Payment Processor”) to bill you through a payment account linked to your BlueStacks account on the Services (your “Billing Account”) for use of the Paid Services. The processing of payments will be subject to the terms, conditions and privacy policies of the Payment Processor in addition to these Terms. We are not responsible for error by the Payment Processor. By choosing to use Paid Services, you agree to pay us, through the Payment Processor, all charges at the prices then in effect for any use of such Paid Services in accordance with the applicable payment terms and you authorize us, through the Payment Processor, to charge your chosen payment provider (your “Payment Method”). You agree to make payment using that selected Payment Method. We reserve the right to correct any errors or mistakes that it makes even if it has already requested or received payment.
If the Payment Processor identifies or we otherwise believe that your transaction may pose an unacceptable level of risk, that you have breached these Terms, or that your account has been compromised, we may take various actions to avoid liability and reduce potential fraud and disputes. The actions we may take (and we expressly reserve the right to take) include, but are not limited to, suspending or limiting your ability to purchase any Paid Services, refusing or rejecting your transaction, or blocking you from accessing or using some or part of the Services (especially for users with a record of fraudulent transactions, requesting refunds on multiple occasions without valid reasons, having caused chargebacks, or otherwise posing high risks). If possible, we will provide you with advance notice of our actions and resolution steps. However, advance notice will not be provided if there is an immediate need to take actions such as a security threat, potential fraud, or illegal activity.
- Payment Method. The terms of your payment will be based on your Payment Method and may be determined by agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or other provider of your chosen Payment Method. If we, through the Payment Processor, do not receive payment from you, you agree to pay all amounts due on your Billing Account upon demand.
- Current Information Required. You must provide current, complete and accurate information for your billing account. You must promptly update all information to keep your billing account current, complete and accurate (such as a change in billing address, credit card number, or credit card expiration date) through your BlueStacks account, and you must promptly notify us or our payment processor if your payment method is canceled (e.g., for loss or theft) or if you become aware of a potential breach of security, such as the unauthorized disclosure or use of your user name or password. Changes to such information can be made through your BlueStacks account. If you fail to provide any of the foregoing information, you agree that we may continue charging you for any use of Paid Services under your billing account unless you have terminated your Paid Services by means of sending us an email to premium dot support at bluestacks dot com.
- Change in Amount Authorized. If the amount to be charged to your Billing Account varies from the amount you preauthorized (other than due to the imposition or change in the amount of state sales taxes), you have the right to receive, and we shall provide, notice of the amount to be charged and the date of the charge before the scheduled date of the transaction. Any agreement you have with your payment provider will govern your use of your Payment Method. You agree that we may accumulate charges incurred and submit them as one or more aggregate charges during or at the end of each billing cycle.
- Reaffirmation of Authorization. Your non-termination or continued use of a Paid Service reaffirms that we are authorized to charge your Payment Method for that Paid Service. We may submit those charges for payment and you will be responsible for such charges. This does not waive our right to seek payment directly from you. Your charges may be payable in advance or as otherwise described when you initially selected to use the Paid Service.
- Subscription Services.
- Good standing: BlueStacks reserves the right to offer the premium subscription version of the Services (“Subscription Services”) to you only if you are a customer in good standing. BlueStacks reserves the right to refuse Subscription Services for any other reason including but not limited to a) your creditworthiness, b) you have purchased Subscription Services and cancelled them frequently in the past, or c) you have disputed payments for Subscription Services with your credit card company without pursuing the nominal cancellation process through premium dot support at bluestacks.com.
- Fees and Payments. You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges (including any applicable taxes) incurred in connection with using software and Services at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. The subscription fees stated at the time of purchase will be charged to your credit card. As soon as BlueStacks has received full payment, your paid premium subscription will begin. BlueStacks will bill all charges automatically to your credit card. Subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription period or any renewal. Unless BlueStacks states in writing otherwise, all fees and charges are nonrefundable. BlueStacks may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance. If you want to use a different credit card or there is a change in credit card validity or expiration date, please respond to the subscription confirmation email to make changes. If you believe someone has accessed Services using Your user name and password without Your authorization, please contact premium dot support at bluestacks dot com. You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access Services through an Internet access provider or other third-party service.
- Auto-Renewal. Unless you opt out of auto-renewal, which can be done through your BlueStacks account any subscription services you have signed up for will be automatically extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration as the subscription term originally selected, at the then-current non-promotional rate. To change or resign your subscription services at any time, go to your BlueStacks account. If you terminate a subscription service, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires.
- Cancellation. For annual subscriptions, BlueStacks will contact you within a reasonable time before the expiry of your subscription term to give you the opportunity to cancel or opt out of the renewal of your subscription for a further year. If you fail to opt out, your subscription will automatically renew on the subscription expiry date, at the then current yearly subscription rate, and you will be charged accordingly, except as otherwise required by law. For all subscriptions, you must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of subscription fees for the renewal term to your credit card. BlueStacks may cancel your subscription at any time by notifying you. You may cancel your subscription by contacting our Customer Support at premium dot support at bluestacks dot com.
- Refund. If you cancel a yearly subscription before 30 days after the subscription start date, you will generally be entitled a full refund for any reason. If you cancel a yearly subscription between 2 and 6 months after the subscription start date, you will generally be entitled to a pro rata refund for any unused months. No refund will be paid (and no cancellation fee will apply) in relation to month-to-month subscriptions, trial subscriptions, or yearly subscriptions cancelled after 6 months of the subscription start date.
What do I need to know about purchasing gift cards issued by third party merchants through BlueStacks?
- BlueStacks may offer gift cards issued by third parties (“Merchants”) for purchase through the BlueStacks App Player (“Gift Cards”), to be used to redeem or in exchange for goods or services at such Merchants’ websites and/or places of business. Gift Cards are void where prohibited by law.
- The Merchant, not BlueStacks, is the issuer of Gift Cards and the provider of such redeemable goods and services and is solely responsible for redeeming any Gift Card you purchase. Merchant is solely responsible for any and all damages, claims, losses, and costs suffered by you in connection with the redemption of any Gift Card, and for any unclaimed property liability arising from unredeemed Gift Cards or portions thereof.
- The terms and conditions of redemption and any restrictions that apply to the use of each Gift Card (“Gift Card Terms”) may vary from Merchant to Merchant (which may include, without limitation, whether the Gift Card can be redeemed for alcoholic beverages, whether the Gift Card can be combined with other offers, whether a Gift Card can be redeemed incrementally or must be used all at once, whether the Gift Card has an expiration date, and whether the Gift Card is refundable). The Gift Card Terms will be noted on such Gift Cards or at the time of purchase. You can check some of the Gift Card Terms here https://play.google.com/intl/ALL_us/about/card-terms/, and https://play.google.com/intl/ALL_at/about/card-terms/ but please note that the Merchants may impose additional terms, conditions, and restrictions.
- Your interactions with the Merchants, including the redemption and use of the Gift Cards and delivery of the goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with the Gift Card and such dealings, are solely between you and such Merchants. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any purchase of the Gift Cards issued by such Merchants. You agree that BlueStacks shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings. To the extent permitted by the applicable laws, BlueStacks does not issue any refund for Gift Cards of Merchants purchased through BlueStacks. For the avoidance of doubt, this doesn’t affect your right to refund (if any) granted to you by the applicable Merchant pursuant to the Gift Card Terms.
- Some Gift Cards may carry expiration dates. These expiration dates indicate the last date you can use the Gift Card at a Merchant; however, applicable law may provide that the Merchant must refund the cash value you paid for the Gift Card (i.e., not the face value of the Gift Card) for a period of time beyond the stated expiration date. In the event that you have not redeemed a Gift Card in full by the stated expiration date, please contact the applicable Merchant. The Merchant will refund any amounts due to you under applicable law. The issuance of Merchant credit for unredeemed Gift Cards is at the sole discretion of the Merchant, unless otherwise required by applicable law; Bluestacks cannot grant you Merchant credit without the approval of Merchant.
- In some situations, according to applicable law, Merchant may be responsible for allowing you to redeem your Gift Card for cash, taking into consideration the amount remaining on the Gift Card and the amount you actually paid for the Gift Card (i.e., not the face value of the Gift Card). The Merchant will refund any amounts due to you under applicable law.
- Some Gift Cards may have statutory limits on the amount of the Gift Card that can be redeemed for alcoholic beverages. Compliance with statutes or codes is the responsibility of the Merchant, not BlueStacks. Such limitations may or may not be noted at the time of purchase.
- Bluestacks is not responsible for lost, stolen, or the unauthorized use of a Gift Card. Reproduction, sale, or trade of a Gift Card is prohibited unless done in compliance with applicable law. Any attempted redemption of a Gift Card not consistent with these terms and the applicable Gift Card Terms is void.
What if I want to stop using BlueStacks?
BlueStacks is also free to terminate (or suspend access to) your use of the Services or your account, for any reason in our discretion, including your breach of these Terms. BlueStacks has the sole right to decide whether you are in violation of any of the restrictions set forth in these Terms.
Account termination may result in destruction of any Content associated with your account, so keep that in mind before you decide to terminate your account.
If you have deleted your account by mistake, contact us immediately at premium dot support at bluestacks dot com – we will try to help, but unfortunately, we can’t promise that we can recover or restore anything.
What else do I need to know?
Warranty Disclaimer. Neither BlueStacks nor its licensors or suppliers makes any representations or warranties concerning any content contained in or accessed through the Services, and we will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of material contained in or accessed through the Services. We (and our licensors and suppliers) make no representations or warranties regarding suggestions or recommendations of services or products offered or purchased through the Services. Products and services purchased or offered (whether or not following such recommendations and suggestions) through the Services are provided “AS IS” and without any warranty of any kind from BlueStacks or others (unless, with respect to such others only, provided expressly and unambiguously in writing by a designated third party for a specific product). THE SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED BY BLUESTACKS (AND ITS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS) ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR THAT USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES AND UNDER NO LEGAL THEORY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TORT, CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) SHALL BLUESTACKS (OR ITS LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY OTHER PERSON FOR (A) ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, ACCURACY OF RESULTS, OR COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR (B) ANY AMOUNT, IN THE AGGREGATE, IN EXCESS OF THE GREATER OF (I) $100 OR (II) THE AMOUNTS PAID BY YOU TO BLUESTACKS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES IN THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD PRECEDING THIS APPLICABLE CLAIM, OR (C) ANY MATTER BEYOND OUR REASONABLE CONTROL. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Indemnity. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, You agree to indemnify and hold BlueStacks, its affiliates, officers, agents, employees, and partners harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages (actual and consequential), losses and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising from or in any way related to any third party claims relating to (a) your use of the Services (including any actions taken by a third party using your account), and (b) your violation of these Terms.
Assignment. You may not assign, delegate or transfer these Terms or your rights or obligations hereunder, or your Services account, in any way (by operation of law or otherwise) without BlueStacks’ prior written consent. We may transfer, assign, or delegate these Terms and our rights and obligations without consent.
Choice of Law; Arbitration. These Terms are governed by and will be construed under the laws of the State of California, without regard to the conflicts of laws provisions thereof. Any dispute arising from or relating to the subject matter of these Terms shall be finally settled in Santa Clara County, California, in English, in accordance with the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and Procedures of Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) then in effect, by one commercial arbitrator with substantial experience in resolving intellectual property and commercial contract disputes, who shall be selected from the appropriate list of JAMS arbitrators in accordance with such Rules. Judgment upon the award rendered by such arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction. Notwithstanding the foregoing obligation to arbitrate disputes, each party shall have the right to pursue injunctive or other equitable relief at any time, from any court of competent jurisdiction. For all purposes of these Terms, the parties consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in the state or federal courts located in, respectively, Santa Clara County, California.
Term and Termination. Unless otherwise provided in a written agreement between you and BlueStacks, any licenses granted by BlueStacks to you in connection with your use of the Services is effective until terminated. Your rights under the license will terminate automatically without notice from BlueStacks if you fail to comply with any of these terms. Upon the termination, you shall cease all use of the Services (including any software) and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the software. All provisions of these Terms, which by their nature should survive termination, shall survive termination, including, without limitation, any obligation you have to pay us or indemnify us, any terms regarding ownership or intellectual property and proprietary rights, warranty disclaimers, any limitations on our liability, and terms regarding disputes between us.
Miscellaneous. You will be responsible for paying, withholding, filing, and reporting all taxes, duties, and other governmental assessments associated with your activity in connection with the Services, provided that the BlueStacks may, in its sole discretion, do any of the foregoing on your behalf or for itself as it sees fit. The failure of BlueStacks to exercise, in any way, any right herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, that provision will be limited or eliminated, to the minimum extent necessary, so that these Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable. Any claim or cause of action you may have with respect to BlueStacks or any Services must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arose. You and BlueStacks agree that these Terms are the complete and exclusive statement of the mutual understanding between you and BlueStacks, and that it supersedes and cancels all previous written and oral agreements, communications and other understandings relating to the subject matter of these Terms. You hereby acknowledge and agree that you are not an employee, agent, partner, or joint venture of BlueStacks, and you do not have any authority of any kind to bind BlueStacks in any respect whatsoever. Except as expressly set forth in the section above regarding the Apple Application, you and BlueStacks agree there are no third party beneficiaries intended under these Terms.
Contact Us. To contact us with any questions or concerns in connection with these Terms or to provide notice to us under these Terms please email us at eula at bluestacks dot com.
Effective Date: May 22, 2018
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR). In this event, please refer to our GDPR Privacy Notice , as it applies to you too.
What Information does BlueStacks Collect?
Information You Provide to Us:
We may communicate with you if you’ve provided us the means to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email about your use of the Services, or notify of new products that you might be interested based on your use of the Services. By providing the relevant communication means to us, you agree that we may, to the extent permitted by applicable law, contact you for the above mentioned purposes. Also, we may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us make our communications with you more interesting and improve our services. If you do not want to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by clicking on the un-subscription or communication preferences link in the emails or communications.
Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser or device. We may use this data to customize content for you that we think you might like, based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the Services – for example, this data can tell us how often users use a particular feature of the Services, and we can use that knowledge to make the Services interesting to as many users as possible. Information we automatically receive may include the following:
- a) Device Information: We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information including phone number). We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Bluestacks account. We may also periodically collect technical information about your computer, system, application software and peripherals to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to the our Services, and to verify compliance with these Terms and to detect fraud.
- b) Log Information: When you use our Services (including any Bluestacks products), we may automatically record or log technical and related information from your device, its software, and your activity using the Services. This may include:
- The device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address;
• Identification numbers associated with your devices (or synthetic anonymous IDs);
• Device event information such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings;
• Locale preferences (country-level only);
• Application activity such as app upload, app download, app installation, app uninstallation, app start, app play duration, app stop, app crashes, app network activity and app resource consumption;
• Date and time stamps associated with transactions;
- Purchase transaction history;
• System configuration Information;
• Metadata concerning your Android apps; and
• Other interactions with the Bluestacks Services and third party advertisements.
The Services may use the following cookies:
- A cookie which recognizes a user’s browser type, browser language, the date and time of a user’s request and referral URL;
• A cookie which identifies the web page visited before you came to our website; and
• A cookie which logs information you search for on our website.
- d) Third Party App Information: When you download and install applications from a third party, or when you permit such third party applications to be updated, we may record information about the source, such as the name of the app store or app market, its IP address, the application version number, or any unique application identification number associated with them.
- e) Geo-location Information: When you use a location-enabled app and if you have opted in for the app to access your location, we may collect, process and retain information about your actual location. We may use geo-location information to the greatest extent permitted by law. Some devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information (for example, GPS). We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers. The location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by us to provide and improve location based products and services. By using a location-enabled app, you consent to us processing information about your actual location.
Information Collected From Other Websites and Do Not Track Policy
Will BlueStacks Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone, provided certain Personal Information may be transferred in connection with business transfers, as described below. We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this section:
Information that’s no longer personally identifiable. We may anonymize your Personal Information so that you are not individually identified, and provide anonymized information to our partners. We may also provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. However, we never disclose aggregate usage information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally, as an individual.
Advertisers: We allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers and you agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in San Francisco to show you ads or offers for San Francisco businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are. Or, we might allow Advertisers to display their ads to users with similar usage patterns to yours, but we will not disclose usage information to Advertisers except in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. Note that if an advertiser asks us to show an ad to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach.
Affiliated Businesses: In certain situations, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may sell or provide products or services to you through or in connection with the Services (either alone or jointly with us). You can recognize when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. One such service may include the ability for you to automatically transmit Third Party Account Information to your Services profile or to automatically transmit information in your Services profile to your third party account. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please review all such business’ or websites’ policies.
Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you; for example, we may use certain third party companies and individuals to help us provide, analyze, and improve our Services (including but not limited to data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics and payment processing) for purposes of and under obligations to adequately safeguard the information. Unless we tell you differently, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us or perform the tasks on our behalf.
User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your user name may also be displayed to other users if and when you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Again, we do not control the policies and practices of any other third party site or service.
Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access your account via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. If we receive instructions using your BlueStacks account information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records. But unfortunately, no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information can I access?
Please keep your information up to date and accurate. Through your account settings or by using features of our Services, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- email address
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of Personal Information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: privacy at bluestacks dot com.
What do I need to know about my data if I am located in the EU?
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data (as defined in the GDPR). In this event, please refer to our GDPR Privacy Notice, as it applies to you too.
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind you may need to provide some information to us in order to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may stop using our products by disconnecting your third party accounts from our Services or uninstalling our software from your devices. After you disconnect your third party accounts or uninstall our software, we do not have access to or any control over the contents or information in your accounts with third party products or services. Some information may remain in our records after your deletion of such information from your account. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you with Services or as required by law (whichever is longest). We may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. Also, we may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed message to privacy at bluestacks dot com, and we will try to resolve your concerns.
GDPR Privacy Notice to EU Residents
Effective Date: February 27, 2020
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this GDPR Privacy Notice, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. Company will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the Services.
What Personal Data Do We Collect From You? We collect Personal Data about you when you provide such information directly to us, when third parties such as our business partners or service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, or when Personal Data about you is automatically collected in connection with your use of our Services.
Information we collect directly from you: We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data, including without limitation the following:
- Email address
- User content, for example, comments, posts, or decks you submit publically, photographs you upload (which can include Personal Data if you include Personal Data in such content)
- Nick name and avatar
In the event you are selected as a winner of a campaign or promotion we run on the Services, we receive the following Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data:
- First and last name
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Your photograph
Information we receive from third party sources: Some third parties such as our affiliate ad networks, business partners, and service providers provide us with Personal Data about you, such as the following:
- Account information for third party services: If you interact with a third party service when using our Services, such as if you use a third party service to log-in to our Services (e.g., Google, Facebook Connect, or Twitch), or if you share content from our Services through a third party social media service, the third party service may send us information about you, such as information from your public profile, if the third party service and your account settings allow such sharing. The information we receive will depend on the policies and your account settings with the third party service.
Information we automatically collect when you use our Services: Some Personal Data is automatically collected when you use our Services, such as the following:
- IP address
- Unique device identifiers or synthetic anonymous IDs
- Web browser information
- Application activity such as app upload, app download, app installation, app uninstallation, app start, app play duration, app stop, app crashes, app network activity and app resource consumption
- Transaction information (e.g. transaction amount, date and time such transaction occurred, Purchase transaction history)
- Location information (country-level only)
- Log data (e.g. access times, hardware and software information)
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings
- System configuration information; metadata concerning your Android apps
- Other interactions with the Services and third party advertisements
How Do We Use Your Personal Data? We process Personal Data to operate, improve, understand and personalize our Services. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Create and manage user profiles
- Communicate with you about the Services
- Process orders
- Contact you about Service announcements, updates or offers
- Provide support and assistance for the Services
- Personalize website content and communications based on your preferences
- Analyze how you use the Services and personalize, provide, and improve our services
- Meet contract or legal obligations
- Respond to user inquiries
- Fulfill user requests
- Comply with our legal or contractual obligations
- Resolve disputes
- Protect against or deter fraudulent, illegal or harmful actions
- Enforce our Terms of Service
- Provide aggregate usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, as well as we, can provide you with an optimal online experience
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, as further described below.
- Contractual Necessity: We process the following categories of Personal Data as a matter of “contractual necessity”, meaning that we need to process the data to perform under our Terms of Service or other agreement with you, which enables us to provide you with the Services. When we process data due to contractual necessity, failure to provide such Personal Data will result in your inability to use some or all portions of the Services that require such data.
- Your sign-up contract information, such as your email
- Your account data, such as your nickname, and avatar
- Your contact information you provided to us on the purchase orders, insertion orders, or other documents, such as name, address, email address, and telephone
- Legitimate Interest: We process the following categories of Personal Data when we believe it furthers the legitimate interest of us or third parties.
- End user analytics data, such as synthetic anonymous ID
- Customer support data, such as Mac address, IP address, location data (country-level only), and email address
- Game or application related data, such as name of app/game, package name, version, time at which application was installed / uninstalled, search string, application click information
- Cost-Per-Install revenue, In-App-Purchase spend, conversion information
- Campaign winner data, such as first name, last name, mailing address, telephone, and photograph
- Internal contractor records, such as first and last name, mailing address, email, telephone, date of birth, location, and banking information
Examples of these legitimate interests include:
- Operation and improvement of our business, products and services
- Data analytics and personalization of web and services content
- Marketing of our products and services
- Provision of customer support
- Detection and protection from fraud or security threats
- Compliance with legal obligations
- Completion of corporate transactions
- Internal Administration
- Consent: In some cases, we process Personal Data based on the consent you expressly grant to us at the time we collect such data. When we process Personal Data based on your consent, it will be expressly indicated to you at the point and time of collection.
- Other Processing Grounds: From time to time we may also need to process Personal Data to comply with a legal obligation, if it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or other data subjects, or if it is necessary for a task carried out in the public interest.
- Payment processors
- Fraud prevention service providers
- Ad networks
- Analytics service providers
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers
- Co-location service providers
- Telecommunications service providers
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Third party business partners who you access through the Services
- Shipping and logistics companies
- Other parties authorized by you
We also share information with third parties when you have given us consent to do so (as indicated at the point such information is collected).
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communications and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data? We retain Personal Data about you for as long as you have an open account with us and for 12 months after you close your account. If you are a contractor engaged by us, we retain Personal Data about you for 7 years after the termination of your association with us. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, we retain some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form but not in a way that would identify you personally.
What Security Measures Do We Use? We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. For example, our Services use encryption for transmitting data, data analytics and reporting access is governed through identity access management.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data? You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email privacy at bluestacks dot com. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by sending us an email at privacy at bluestacks dot com.
- Rectification: If you believe that any Personal Data we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request that we correct or supplement such data. You can correct some of this information directly by sending us an email at privacy at bluestacks dot com.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If we are processing your Personal Data based on your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data in a machine-readable format. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about Company’s practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
Transfers of Personal Data: The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through Company and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you acknowledge that any Personal Data about you, regardless of whether provided by you or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Company in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize Company to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. as set forth herein.
Company has certified to the EU.-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection and use of Personal Data transferred from the EU. For more information about the Privacy Shield Program, and to view Company’s certification, please visit www.privacyshield.gov. Company is committed to the Privacy Shield Principles of (1) notice, (2) consent, (3) accountability for onward transfer, (4) security, (5) data integrity and purpose limitation, (6) access and (7) recourse, enforcement and liability with respect to all Personal Data received from within the EU in reliance on the Privacy Shield. The Privacy Shield Principles require that we remain potentially liable if any third party processing Personal Data on our behalf fails to comply with these Privacy Shield Principles (except to the extent we are not responsible for the event giving rise to any alleged damage). Company’s compliance with the Privacy Shield is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Please contact us at privacy at bluestacks dot com with any questions or concerns relating to our Privacy Shield Certification. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your Privacy Shield-related complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, you may also resolve a Privacy Shield-related complaint through JAMS, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States. You can visit https://www.jamsadr.com/file-an-eu-us-privacy-shield-or-safe-harbor-claim for more information or to file a complaint, at no cost to you. Under certain conditions, you may also be entitled to invoke binding arbitration for complaints not resolved by other means.