Call of Duty: Mobile – May 20 update introduces new maps, events, and more
Call of Duty: Mobile is heading towards the culmination of its Season 3 as the game’s Season 4 arrives in less than two weeks, expectedly on May 27, 2021 (UTC). Just a week before the arrival of Season 4, Call of Duty: Mobile has received a significant update, as revealed in a recent community update by the developers. Apart from this, Call of Duty: Mobile has also seen many modes and event additions this week as Season 3 is racing in its last lap. Here are all the details incorporated in this article about various maps, modes, events, and announcements that developers included in this week’s community update:
COD Mobile Season 4 update
There was no formal update about the next season’s content apart from the ones developers teased in Public Test Build. Activision has revealed that they will release all the official details about the Season 4 update in the upcoming community post. Season 4 of Call of Duty: Mobile will receive plenty of new additions and optimizations in the form of new maps, modes, and weapon balance changes, perks, BR Classes, and more.
Meanwhile, some weapon Gunsmith changes have made their way through an update on May 20, 2021 (UTC). In addition to this, a new announcement regarding the addition of a functional weapon in Season 4 is also on the cards later this week.
New Multiplayer Map
A multiplayer map was part of the Public Test build released earlier this month and was also expected to arrive in Call of Duty: Mobile Season 4. The developers confirmed the same in the recent community update. The name of the map is ‘Dome,’ and it is a reiteration of a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 map of the same name. However, the modes featuring this map are not revealed, but the map is expected to feature close-quarter affairs.
80s Action Heroes
Some cryptic videos and posts were shared on social media by Activision about the new event arriving on May 20, but nothing was revealed. Finally, the developers announced the name of the event as ‘80 Action Heroes,’ which will feature John Rambo and John Mcclane. The event will arrive in Call of Duty: Mobile and additional Call of Duty games via the aforementioned major update.
New Events and Modes
This week is a busier one in terms of new event and mode additions along with the arrival of the latest BR Class Spotter. Here’s the list of all the additions that developers introduced recently:
Attack of the Undead 20
- Featuring Maps (Random): Takeoff, Crossfire, Raid, Meltdown, Hackney Yard, and Tunisia.
- Featuring Maps (Random): Raid, Nuketown Russia, Standoff, Crash, Rust, Summit, Scrapyard, Hackney Yard, Crossfire, and Firing Range.
- Featuring Maps (Random): Shipment
Core Map Collection
- Featuring Maps (Random): Summit, Crash, Firing Range, and Standoff.
Battle Royale Map and Mode
The famous Battle Royale map cum mode is back for another limited period, and players can grind and complete various BR Missions of Call of Duty: Mobile while it is available.
New Featured events
Players need to complete one daily login mission and ten Operator skill-related missions in Core Map Collection and Grind Playlist matches to grab all the rewards.
- Special Ops – Side Scale
- XPR-50 – Paper Star
- J358 – Paper Star
- 200 Credits
- 10 Weapon XP Cards
Players need to complete one daily login mission and ten Battle Royale Mode oriented missions, like dropping in high loot zone areas, using class chips, or some other BR exclusive feature, to claim the rewards.
- Spotter BR Class
- Helicopter – Side Scale
- Parachute – Side Scale
- Scout – Paper Star
- 100 credits
All the missions in this challenge are trivial and will be completed trivially with other challenges.
Rewards: 35 Weapon XP cards and 800 credits.
New Seasonal events
All seven tasks of this seasonal challenge are related to the use and destruction of tactical equipment like specific or random scorestreaks and BR Class abilities.
- Battery – Birthstone
- Sushi Beast Sticker
- M16 – Paper Star
- Mw11 – Paper Star
- 200 credits
- 40 Weapon XP Cards
- 20,000 BP XP
Previous Seasonal Challenges
Developers specially mentioned two seasonal challenges, SMG Supremacy and Quick Hands, for players seeking free rewards. Both of the challenges will be available till the arrival of Season 4 of Call of Duty: Mobile and players can grind in-game to grab the prizes.
SMG Supremacy Missions and Rewards
- Kill 20 enemies with any SMG: Weapon XP Card x10, Battle Pass XP x1000
- Win 3 MP matches with any SMG (SMG must be equipped in-hand by the end of the match): Credits x200, Battle Pass XP x1500
- Kill 20 enemies with the lightweight perk equipped: SMRS – Paper Star, Bat Pass XP x2000
- Kill 30 enemies with any SMG equipped with any 5 attachments: Weapon XP card x20, Battle Pass XP x2000
- Kill 10 enemies with headshots using any SMG equipped with three attachments equipped: Spray – Lil Devil, Battle Pass XP x3000
- Kill 20 enemies with any PP19-Bizon (Available in the free battle pass): GKS-Paper Star, Battle Pass XP x4000
- Win 7 mp matches with any PP19 Bizon: HS0405-Stone Mason, Battle Pass XP x6000
Quick Hands Missions and Rewards
- Play three matches in any mode: 200 Credits and 1,000 Battle XP
- Kill 15 enemies with pistols: Knife – Paper Star and 1,000 Battle XP
- Kill 30 enemies with any MW-11: Weapon XP Card and 2,000 Battle XP
- Kill 30 enemies with any MW-11 equipped with the FMJ Perk and four other attachments (FMJ is added in the gunsmith menu): Spray – Dragon Delight and 2,000 Battle Pass XP
- Kill 30 enemies with a pistol equipped with four attachments: Avatar – Mecha and 4,000 Battle Pass XP
- Kill five enemies with headshots using pistols equipped with three attachments: ICR-1 – Birthstone and 4000 Battle Pass XP
- Win seven MP matches with any J358 equipped (The J358 must be equipped in-hand at the end of the match): Renetti and 6,000 Battle Pass XP
Call of Duty: Mobile introduces lucky draws featuring Legendary and Epic items every week. These lucky draws are paid affairs, and players will have to spend thousands of CP to procure the prize pool items. The costs of these lucky draws vary for different regions and servers, and each turn’s price will be more than the previous one depending upon the rarity of the prize pool items. This week featured two following lucky draws:
The Order Draw
Rewards (Epic Items):
- ‘High Priest of Chaos’ Operator
- Parachute – Effigy
- Wingsuit – Effigy
- Frag Grenade – Effigy
- J358 – Effigy
- HG 40 – Effigy
- ‘Unholy Attempt’ emote
Rewards (Legendary Items):
- PP19 Bizon – Invocation (Legendary Blueprint)
- The charm of Sacred Sigil
- ‘Sacrificial’ calling card
Synaptic Crash Draw
There have been no announcements regarding the rewards of the last lucky draw of Call of Duty: Mobile Season 3. Still, the draw is expected to feature Legendary Blueprint ‘ICR-1 – Innovator’ and Epic Operator ‘Siren – Artifice’ as its two significant rewards along with the items from the ‘Cutting Edge’ series.
Bug reports and feedback
- Radioactive Agent Redemption: Warzone Tokens: It’s been weeks since the event has ended, but many fans have reported that they still have not received the WZ token. In response, the event time is extended for the token redemption, and the WZ tokens have been sent to the eligible players.
- Battle Royale Bugs: The developers received various bug reports regarding ADS delay, random ejections, and in-game healing issues. The same feedback has been taken into account, and these will soon receive a fix.