Lord of Heroes – New Hero Dark Charlotte, Halloween Event Dungeon, and New Events
The spooky festival of Halloween is almost here and with it, it’s bringing us tons of new events and updates for the popular turn-based RPG Lord of Heroes. CloverGames have posted the details for their latest update on their official blog, the official website for Lord of Heroes. This update is the 2nd monthly update after the previous update which introduced many new heroes and a new feature called Archives.
This month’s next update is bringing with it another new hero that fits the occasion of Halloween – the much-anticipated dark elemental hero Dark Charlotte. New Halloween-related events and costumes are also being released with the first even being a special Halloween Party dungeon titled “Halloween Party! Pumpernel”. Players can also redeem great rewards from the event exchange shop including but not limited to Halloween costumes for Charlotte as well as Accessories for Charlotte. New Daily and Weekly events are also launching with the new update as well as much more Quality of Life changes and accessibility updates. There’s a lot to be covered in this update and article, so let’s get right to it.
New Hero Dark Charlotte
CloverGames has finally unveiled the well-hidden and much-anticipated Dark Charlotte hero’s skills and introduction. Dark Charlotte was first teased at the start of the month in the in-game digest cover and everybody expected her to be a special hero releasing for Halloween as her artwork and title befitted the spooky occasion. Dark Charlotte is the dark element counterpart of the hero Charlotte. Her description reads “This precocious, guarded half-elf had nothing to set her heart on—that is until she met you and your knights. She doesn’t get along very well with people of a more sensitive disposition due to her tendency to be blunt and cut people straight to their core, a trait likely developed during the twists and turns that her path through life has taken. In some ways, it is as if she intentionally tries to cut herself off from others. Much time will need to be spent with her before she’ll truly be able to trust other people.”
Dark Charlotte is a 4-Star Warrior-type hero which specializes in dealing damage while also being a necromancer with the ability to revive fallen heroes. Her 1st ability Resilient Heart is a single targeted damaging ability that deals damage and ignores defense. This ability also extends the duration of one of the oldest debuffs applied on the target for 1 turn. Her 2nd ability Regretful Past is a revive ability that states Dark Charlotte revives a selected ally who has fallen, heal the revived ally with 100% HP as well as provides a Shield buff to the revived ally equal to her own Attack for 1 turn. This skill is on a base 4 turn cooldown but can be reduced to 3 turns if skilled up. Her 3rd ability Spirit’s Wrath is her Burst skill that consumes 4 Spirit’s to use. This burst skill is an AOE targeted damaging ability that deals damage to all enemies and has a 50% chance to reduce their attack bars by 30%.
This skill also has a 50% chance to inflict a Wither debuff for 2 turns. Wither debuff means the target won’t be able to heal itself or get healed. Her 1st passive Reversed Shadow states that she gets 10% increased critical hit damage on all her attacks and abilities. Her 2nd passive Solitary Blossom states she does 5% more damage to Dark elemental targets. Overall, she feels very average in what she does. She is a decent attacker but better options like Earth Laphlaes, Light Olivia exist. Her 1st skill ignores defense so she can be a good tank killer or boss killer. More testing needs to be done but we recommend building her as a Pseudo-DPS/Support type unit.
Take a look at Dark Charlotte’s skills in detail-
Resilient Heart: Attacks the selected enemy. Ignores defense. 50% chance to extend the duration of 1 of the oldest debuff(s) on the target by 1 turn(s).
Regretful Past: Revives the selected ally. Restores 100% health to both the target and the user. Generates a shield based on the user’s attack power that lasts 1 turn(s).
Spirit’s Wrath: Attacks all enemies. 50% chance to reduce their action gauge by 30%. 50% chance to inflict a Wither debuff that prevents healing for 2 turn(s).
Reversed Shadow: Increases critical hit damage by 10% / 5% / 5% / 5% / 5% / 20%
Solitary Blossom: Increases damage against dark-elemental enemies
by 5% / 2% / 2% / 2% / 2% / 7%
Dark Charlotte can currently be recruited by purchasing her special hero package from the in-game shop by paying real money. Her Alchemy banners are also live after the update on 21st October 2021. Players can also get special equipment for Dark Charlotte through her Alchemy Banner which stars from October 21st, 2021, and ends on 20th December 2021.
Halloween Party! Pumpernel
The new event for Halloween is called Halloween Party! Pumpernel. This is a new event dungeon that is open just for the festival of Halloween. Players can experience a Halloween-themed lobby with ghosts flying around and spooky pumpkins everywhere. Players can also meet the mascot Pumpernel at the Unity Plaza. The duration for this Event dungeon is just a mere 10 days i.e., from 21st October 2021 till 31st October 2021. Players can access this Event Dungeon from the main screen in the lobby by clicking at the NPC Hughie that will be present by holding a present. Players can enjoy the Halloween party by clicking the NPC and simply accessing the team formation screen where players can auto-select their heroes from 12 dispatched heroes. A party of 5 heroes from the available 12 heroes will be made to fight the battle against Pumpernel. Pumpernel is a giant pumpkin that is also the event boss for this dungeon.
Players can select a team formation of 5 heroes that will fight them automatically without the control being given to the user. The selected heroes in the party formation will fight with only their basic attacks and 1st skills. They will not be having access to their burst skills. The Pumpernel is of Fire attribute. Party tickets will be used to enter this special event dungeon. These Party tickets recharge at a rate of 1 ticket per hour or 1 ticket per 60 minutes. Each time a player wishes to enter this dungeon, it will cost him 3 Party tickets and the maximum holding capacity of these Party Tickets is 9. Players can fight the Pumpernel to increase its size by doing damage to him. The more his size increases, the more rewards they can get per round as well as more rewards they get from the size milestones. Each time players fight and clear the event dungeon; they will receive a certain amount of Halloween Memory Shards. Halloween Memory Shards is the event currency for this dungeon. Players can easily collect them and exchange them for rewards from the Special Exchange Shop. The rewards and milestones are as follows: –
- Halloween Dress (Charlotte) – 300 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -1)
- Halloween Friendship Memento – 100 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -3)
- 50 Crystal -10 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit – 1 per day)
- 100,000 Gold- 20 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -5)
- 3 Party Ticket- 5 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -3 per day)
- 1 Light Soul stone- 100 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -1)
- 1 Dark Soul stone- 100 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -1)
- 1 Guardian Rune- 20 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -5)
- 1 Warrior Rune- 20 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -5)
- 1 Strike Rune- 20 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -5)
- 1 Cleric Rune- 20 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -5)
- 1 Sniper Rune – 20 Halloween Memory Shards (Redeem Limit -5)
Avillon Event Updates for the Month of October-Early November
- Paid to Upgrade is an event that rewards players based on the number of pieces of equipment upgraded using Gold. This event starts from 21st October till 25th October. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 5 Equipment’s Upgraded – Gold x 10,000
- 10 Equipment’s Upgraded –Coliseum Tokens x2
- 15 Equipment’s Upgraded – Gold x 50,000
- 20 Equipment’s Upgraded – Coliseum Token x4
- 30 Equipment’s Upgraded – Alchemy Tickets x3
- Plaza Playtime is an event that rewards players on the number of friendly matches they played at the Unity Plaza. This event starts on 24th October and ends on 31st October 2021. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 1 Match Played – Renown x1,000
- 2 Matches Played – Renown x1,000
- 3 Matches Played – Renown x1,000
- 4 Matches Played – Renown x1,000
- 5 Matches Played – Renown x1,000
- Energetic Effort is an event that rewards players based on the amount of energy they spend. This event will be available to all players from October 24th till November 7th, 2021. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 300 Energy used – Gold x 10,000
- 1500 Energy used – Crystals x 20
- 3000 Energy used – Energy x3000
- 4500 Energy used – Elixir of Insight x20
- 6000 Energy used – Alchemy Ticket x1
- Obelisk Ascension is another new event coming after maintenance on October 28th and ends on 31st October 2021. This event rewards the players based on the number of victories in the Obelisk. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 5 Victories in the Obelisk – Gold x 10,000
- 10 Victories in the Obelisk – Elixir of Insight x 20
- 15 Victories in the Obelisk – Sigil of Bravery x5
- 20 Victories in the Obelisk – Replica Chest (Random) x1
- 30 Victories in the Obelisk – Renown x 100,000
- Vie for Victory is another new event coming after maintenance on May 25th and ends on June 21st, 2021. This event rewards the players based on the number of victories in the Coliseum. These victories will only count when achieved as Attack and not defense victories. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 20 Victories in the Coliseum – Elixir of Insight x50
- 40 Victories in the Coliseum – 50,000 Gold
- 60 Victories in the Coliseum – Crystal x500
- 80 Victories in the Coliseum – Gold x 100,000
- 100 Victories in the Coliseum – Mystic Soul stone x1
Other Improvements and Changes
- New Intros and battle animations for Dakkeon Training Grounds and Obelisk are added.
- Accessory Inventory space increased from 200 to 300
- The chat feature is disabled for the person who visits Archives.
- Fixed many other bugs.
So, that is all for this Patch update. Feel free to read the official notes. Lord of Heroes is making huge improvements with these consistent updates and events. Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!
To Play Lord of Heroes on PC using keyboard and mouse, get the best experience on BlueStacks.