Lord of Heroes – New Hero Earth Vanessa, Silent Straits, and New Events
CloverGames have posted the details for their latest update on their official blog website for the popular turn-based RPG Lord of Heroes. Lord of Heroes is constantly getting updated with their scheduled maintenances every month. New heroes and new content get added constantly to keep the players engaged and excited.
This month’s update is bringing with it a new hero – Earth Vanessa, the earth elemental variant of the hero Vanessa. Players can recruit this hero by buying the hero package for Vanessa using real-life money. A new type of content called Silent Traits is also opening where players can fight in a Co-op multiplayer environment with other players. This new content is considered like a raid but there are some catches to it. New events are also scheduled to be going live on certain dates after this update. The update can be seen live in-game after the server maintenance ends on 23rd November 2021. There’s a lot to be covered in this update and article, so let’s get right to it.
New Hero Earth Vanessa
CloverGames finally unveiled the newest hero coming to Lord of Heroes – Earth Vanessa. They also mentioned Earth Vanessa’s hero skills and introduction. Earth Vanessa is the earth element counterpart of the hero Vanessa. Her description reads “To Vanessa, Alderune was more than just her homeland; it was her pride and joy. The princess truly thought she loved her country and her people. Of course, times of crisis often tear down a person’s outer facade to reveal sides they’d rather kept hidden, and when the empire’s ambitions overtook Alderune, Vanessa realized the happiness she had enjoyed up until then had been nothing more than a flat still-life painting—static and meaningless.
How did she respond to her adversity, you ask?
Quite unlike almost anyone in her position would have: she accepted it.”
Earth Vanessa is a 4-Star Guardian-type hero which specializes in inflicting debuffs, providing buffs for allies as well as doing good damage that scales with her Defense. Defense scaling damage was scoffed at but CloverGames has mentioned they are going to buff this type of damage by increasing the scaling ratio. Earth Vanessa’s 1st skill Battleborn Faith is a single targeted damaging ability that has a 60% chance to land a Provoke debuff for 1 turn while also giving herself a Defense buff for 2 turns. This is a great skill in almost all types of content as Provoke debuffs are invaluable. She also increases her own Defense, which makes her damage automatically more as her skills deal damage based on her Defense. Her 2nd skill Light of Hope is an AOE targeted ability that deals damage to all enemies while giving all allies Effect Resistance and Speed buff for 2 turns. This is another loaded kit for a move where she can deal damage while also providing buffs to the team. Speed buff is always welcome as it helps in turn cycling. Her 3rd skill or Burst Skill Dazzling Descant is another AOE targeted ability that deals damage according to her Defense to all enemies while also inflicting them with Attack down debuff for 2 turns. This ultimate skill costs 2 Spirit.
Take a look at Earth Vanessa’s skills in detail-
Battleborn Faith: Attacks the selected enemy. 60% chance to provoke them for 1 turn(s). Increases the user’s Defense for 2 turn(s).
Light of Hope: Attacks all enemies. Damage increases according to the user’s Defense. Increases all ally’s resistance and speed for 2 turn(s).
Dazzling Descant (Burst Skill): Attacks all enemies. Damage increases according to the user’s defense. 60% chance to reduce their attack power for 2 turn(s).
Steeled Resolve (Passive): Increases Defense by 5%.
Determined Savior (Passive): Decreases damage from water-elemental enemies by 5%.
Earth Vanessa can be recruited by purchasing her hero package by paying real-life money. Players can build her with speed and defense as a bruiser/buffer. Earth Vanessa is definitely a unique hero in lord of heroes with her defense scaling damage as well as the helpful buffs she provides for all allies while debuffing enemies.
New Content Silent Straits
The newest playable content coming to Lord of Heroes is called Silent Straits. The last feature which unlocked was with the last update titled “Archives”. Archives was a non-playable feature that got into depth with the hero’s story and background. However, Silent Straits will be a completely playable co-op raid style content that will be released on November 23rd after maintenance ends.
The description for Silent Strait’s reads – “A real-time joint raid where players can battle against ‘Sea God’ to purge the chaotic energy out, will be added to the World.” Players can engage in this new content after clearing at least Isola on Hard difficulty. Players can access the Silent Straits by going to the main campaign screen. There they will see spiral-shaped content which will either be locked or unlocked depending if the player has cleared Isola on Hard difficulty. Players can set up their teams either manually or by clicking on fill slots and auto-setup for the AI to automatically make up a formation. Players can also use a button called “Recent” where they will be able to use the formation of heroes they used previously.
Silent Straits takes into account the use of a new currency called “Thalassic Tickets”. Every player gets 10 Thalassic Tickets at the start of each day after the server reset. Players can use 2 of these Thalassic Tickets to enter the Silent Straits a single time. Players can also start a practice battle that does not consume these tickets. Do remember the following things while using Practice Raid:
- Players can select any elemental version of the Sea God while doing Practice Raids
- Players will be alone and no other combatants will be taken into account or invited to battle with you.
- Players will not be charged Thalassic Tickets to enter these Practice Battles
- Players will not be rewarded upon clearing these battles in Practice Mode.
- The runs will not be recorded in the history of the Nautical Journey.
Players will be playing this content with 2 other players, hence, in total 3 players will be fighting against the Sea Lord in Silent straits. There will be 3 heads of the Sea God and all heads can do different things. Single target attacks will only attack the Sea God and not his spawned minions. Once the combined damage of all the players reaches a certain level, they will be able to use Monarch skills by pressing on the skill icon near the Sea God faces. The total damage dealt will be added upon the gauge bar at the top of the battle screen.
Monarch Skill’s are special skills introduced only for Silent straits where they will be available to be activated once the total damage reaches a certain amount or level. Players can activate it by selecting it on their screen. Monarch Skills are of 3 types and each of them does different effects:
- Fire’s Wraith (Attacker Type) – Damages a monster and inflicts a debuff.
- Ocean’s Grace (Support Type) – Deals multi-targeting damage to enemies and buffs allies
- Earth’s Refuse (Recovery Type) – Heals and buffs allies
Only 1 Monarch Skill can be used by every player in combat and once it is taken, the same type cannot be used again by the other players. The battle will finish once all the turns are finished or the heroes of the players fall in battle. The total damage will be calculated at the end. The Sea Gods are divided into different elemental versions and appear on different days of the week. Each of them has a separate mechanic and characteristic. Hence, players have to strategically select the heroes for the specific type of Sea God they are fighting.
Nautical Journey is connected to the new content Silent Straits. Players can view their recent matches and battles by going to the Past Records menu. They can also view the reward information. Every record will be kept up to a maximum of 7 days and a maximum of 50 records. As soon as it reached the expiry period, it will be automatically removed.
Thalassic Chests will be rewarded to players upon completing the battle in Silent Straits. The grade and quality of Thalassic Chest depend on the total damage dealt during the battle. The rewards inside these chests are – Thalassic Scale, Sealstone Shard, Tooth of the Sea God, Thalassic Fin, Warped Thalassic Scale, and Gold.
A new shop called “A Kraken’s Coffer” will be opened exclusively for Silent Traits. In this shop, players will be able to exchange their collected materials from the Thalassic chests for various valuable items. Some items have a monthly/weekly limit to how many items they can be exchanged and claimed.
Avillon Event Updates for the Month of November
- Conquer the Silence (Daily Event) is a new event launched for the first time for the new content Silent Straits. This event rewards the players for battling against the sea gods in Silent Straits. Players will be rewarded according to the number of battles done in Silent straits. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 2 Battles fought in Silent Straits – 4 Thalassic Tickets
- 4 Battles fought in Silent Straits – Renown x1000
- 6 Battles fought in Silent Straits – Renown x1000
- 8 Battles fought in Silent Straits – Renown x1000
- 10 Battles fought in Silent Straits – 6 Thalassic Tickets
- Obelisk Ascension (25th November – 28th November) is another new event coming after maintenance on 25th November and ends on 28th November 2021. This event rewards player based on the number of victories in the Obelisk. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 5 Victories in the Obelisk – Gold x 10,000
- 10 Victories in the Obelisk – Elixir of Insight x 20
- 15 Victories in the Obelisk – Sigil of Bravery x5
- 20 Victories in the Obelisk – Replica Chest (Random) x1
- 30 Victories in the Obelisk – Renown x 100,000
- Vie for Victory (23rd November – 7th December) is another new event coming after maintenance on 23rd November and ends on 7th December 2021. This event rewards players based on the number of victories in the Coliseum. These victories will only count when achieved as Attack and not defense victories. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 20 Victories in the Coliseum – Elixir of Insight x50
- 40 Victories in the Coliseum – 50,000 Gold
- 60 Victories in the Coliseum – Crystal x500
- 80 Victories in the Coliseum – Gold x 100,000
- 100 Victories in the Coliseum – Mystic Soul stone x1
So, that is all for this Patch update. Feel free to read the official notes. Lord of Heroes is making huge improvements with these consistent updates and events. Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!
To play Lord of Heroes on PC using keyboard and mouse, get the best experience on BlueStacks.