Rocket League Sideswipe Season 3: New Cars, Rocket Pass, 3v3 and More
The well-known vehicular soccer game Rocket League Sideswipe has recently received the latest season 3 update introducing a new arena, cars, game mode, tons of rocket pass rewards and much more exciting stuff.
The new season also features lots of small changes and bug fixes that improve the overall gameplay experience of the player. If you haven’t watched the new Season 3 trailer yet, do check it out here.
As you probably know, Rocket League Sideswipe is the mobile version of the much popular PC and console game Rocket League. Psyonix, the company behind both games, only recently released the mobile version just a few months ago at the end of 2021. And yet, in such a short amount of time, we have already reached season 3 of the game with lots of new upgrades to unpack. So let’s dive right in, shall we?
Rocket League Sideswipe: Season 3 Updates
One of the most exciting updates this season is the addition of the new 3v3 mode, that’s six players in a match. Of course, with two additional players, it becomes harder to keep track of everything. As such, the developers have added offscreen indicators, which can be edited in the settings and a larger map called the Longfield Arena to balance it all out.
In the last season update, we got the casual playlist update which focused on removing the rank separation in friendly matches. In season 3, we have the new Spectator Mode, which allows players to observe the games of their party members like an audience.
Players can now freely watch matches without worrying about accidentally interfering with the ball, a great feature to have, especially for content creators.
The update also features a New Camera Zoom Method which players can access in the game settings. The method has two options; the focused option keeps the player’s car visible at all times, and the zoomed-out option shows everything on screen. Do try it out to get a better idea.
There are 4 new challenge stages added this season for players to overcome; you can find more details on the Post Match screen.
New Rocket Pass
The new Rocket Pass features 3 new cars to try out – the Marauder at tier 1, the Mantis at tier 10, and the Takumi at tier 35. Here are a few of the Rocket Pass rewards listed below;
- Booster Animations- Polygon, Bandwidth, Power-Shot
- Wheels- Yoked 1K, Lobo, Finny, Reaper, Ultralex
- Goal Explosions – Poof, Electroshock, Force Razor ll
- Car Decals- Griffin(Octane), Uproar(Mantis), Gaki(Takumi) and Streakwave(Universal)
We also have Rhino Horns, Skull avatar, Sticker Bomb, and Happy stickers. Although the new cars are reasonably good, it would have been better to bring the Fennec to mobile. New items have also been added to the shop, and the competitive ranks have been reset for the new season.
Changes, Tweaks And Fixes
- Air Roll – Players now have the option to disable or enable air roll.
- Restructured Options Menu – Players can edit all the basic things like quick chat, avatar, banner, and title settings much faster from here.
- The Party UI has been updated, offering a new camera angle for party members.
- When purchasing an item from the item shop, players will now get a pop-up for confirmation.
- From now on, players will be able to see 4 chats in the Quick Chats tab.
- New Social Buttons
- Faster Requeuing- Players can access the pause menu during Post Match Celebration.
- iOS Controller- Fixed multiple input spam, and the last button pressed jamming.
- Main Menu- Optimized button, fonts, and overlapping of bottom row buttons.
- Touch Controls- New static joystick option, adjustable in Control Customization Submenu.
- Fixed issue with overheating in some devices.
With all these new features, it will be a great 3rd season for Rocket League Sideswipe, so make sure to play to your heart’s content. And in case you haven’t tried it yet, download the game now from the Play Store or the App Store.