MEGA MAN X DiVE - MOBILE Weapon Tier List - The Best Weapons in Every Category
The new MEGA MAN X DiVE – MOBILE is similar to most other gacha games in the sense that there are many different unlockable characters that players can obtain from the game’s summoning system. However, aside from unlocking different units, players can also obtain countless different weapons that they can equip to their characters. These different weapon types are what give the game its variety as, depending on the type of weapon you’re using, the gameplay can feel very different.
However, just like there are 80 characters to choose from in this game, there are numerous weapons that you can obtain from the gacha, all of which are divided into five different categories. And in this guide, we’re going to talk about the best weapons in each category. If you’re rerolling and are looking to obtain a few awesome weapons to complement your powerful characters, then this guide is for you.
The Different Weapon Types
As we mentioned in our beginner’s guide, your performance in combat will vary largely according to the weapon you’re wielding, with some of them being fairly straightforward, while others are more specialized and are perfect for certain scenarios. With that being said, here’s a quick rundown of the five weapons types in MEGA MAN X DiVE:
- Busters: Standard energy weapons that shoot pellets at a steady rate. They often have average damage, but don’t really excel at any area in particular. Nevertheless, their balanced stats make them the ideal choice for main weapons, with other specialized arms as sub-weapons.
- Melee Weapons: Weapons that can deal tons of damage, but with the caveat that the wielder has to be at close range. Using these weapons usually has high risks, but with the potential of yielding massive rewards in the form of spectacular damage.
- Machine Guns: Similar in use to the busters, but often offering higher ammo capacity and a variety of firing modes. These differences in firing modes make machine guns ideal for a variety of situations, often surpassing the effectiveness of conventional busters, depending on the occasion.
- Sprayers: Just like their name implies, these weapons spray their ammo on groups of enemies, often featuring excellent AoE capabilities, but with the tradeoff of doing less damage than the rest. Sprayers can come in other light or heavy variants, and this distinction affects many aspects of their use, including fire rate, damage, and ammo capacity, to name a few.
- Launchers: These are often the slowest but most devastating weapon types. While each projectile might not do as much damage as focused fire from a buster or a machine gun, especially since their fire rates are much higher, launchers excel at crowd control and AoE damage. These weapons are great for dealing with lesser enemies on the way to a boss.
The Best Buster
Busters are all about their versatility. Despite them being useful for mostly all occasions, some of these weapons are different and feature special firing modes that make them stand out among the rest. However, if we had to choose one as the best buster, we’d definitely go to the Biochemical Buster. Not only does this weapon have a chance to deal AoE damage with every projectile, but it also gains a new ability at 5 stars. If you can get past its limited ammo capacity, such as by having a reliable sub-weapon to back it up, then this weapon will work wonders.
On the flipside, if you don’t care for versatility and are looking for sheer power, the Sniper Buster is a good choice as well. With this weapon, you sacrifice ammo capacity for five powerful shots. This is great for when you need to deal with boss enemies or with tougher opponents during your journey. However, if you choose to go with this buster, we recommend keeping it as a sub-weapon and using something else as your main.
The Best Melee Weapon
There’s really not much to consider when it comes to melee weapons; you simply want to do the most damage in the shortest amount of time. For this reason, our pick here goes to the Nightmare, a sword that does great damage but, more importantly, gains a new ability at 5 stars, and is relatively easy to enhance.
The Best Machine Gun
Machine guns are similar to busters in the sense that they’re also straightforward ranged weapons. However, they feature vastly different firing modes, which makes them useful for different situations, compared to busters. However, the best machine guns are the ones that are great for every occasion, which makes the Purgatory Machine Gun the best in this category.
This weapon offers a large ammo capacity of a whopping 100 rounds and has a very high fire rate, allowing it to melt most targets with a single magazine. When it comes to sheer power, this might be one of the strongest weapons in the game.
The Best Sprayer
Sprayers have the ability to deal steady, sustained damage to enemies as long as you hold the trigger down. This perk makes them quite lackluster in terms of burst damage, but they’re also very reliable since they’re quite easy to use in many situations. And when it comes to striking a balance between reliability and damage, the Electric Current Spray Gun is definitely the way to go.
This weapon also has the added bonus of emitting electrical arcs that jump from the primary target onto other enemies, dealing reduced damage. These AoE capabilities make this weapon also great for clearing entire screens with ease.
The Best Launcher
Like sprayers, launchers have niche applications that often can’t be performed using other weapon types. For launches, this application revolves around dealing AoE damage with each and every shot. And while this use means that it requires a degree of skill from the player in order to use correctly, such as waiting until the enemies are lined up correctly in order to deal maximum damage with every projectile, it’s usually worth it since you can easily clear entire screens full of enemies with just a few shots.
In this regard, the Extraordinary Mortar is our choice for best launcher, simply because it has a large ammo capacity and decent damage per shot. This effectively lets you use it both as a launcher with its AoE damage, as well as a main weapon through entire stages without ever having to stop and reload. We don’t recommend it for bosses, though, as its DPS is comparatively lower than other busters or machine guns.
What are your favorite weapons in MEGA MAN X DiVE? Do you agree with our top picks in this list? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!