Resource Guide – How to Get Cash, Arms, and the Like in The Grand Mafia
Building a criminal empire, let alone running a mafia gang, is an expensive journey. The Grand Mafia is all about spending a myriad of resources to develop and expand your turf. Fortunately, the game offers plenty of ways to acquire the resources you need to run your mafia gang.
In this guide, we’ll explain the several resources that you can use in the game as well as the sources of these said resources.
Before we discuss how to garner resources, we first need to know what we are looking to acquire in the first place. There are five primary resources in The Grand Mafia: cash, arms, cargo, metal, and diamond.
When you are just starting out with the game, the first four resources are the ones that will be the most important to you because you will constantly use them to progressively build your turf. There are multiple ways to earn resources in the game. Let’s start with the most basic source available, the resource buildings.
Resource buildings are the first sources that you will have access to upon starting the game. These are buildings are established directly inside your turf. More specifically, they are placed on vacant square slots found around your base. You can unlock more building slots by taking over the territory of rival gangs. This can be done by simply playing through the game’s plot tasks.
Let’s take a look at some of the resource buildings that you can build. Do keep in mind that all resource buildings produce their resource on an hourly basis.
- Bank – the bank produces cash, which is a general currency that is used for almost every transaction in the game. Whether it would be building new facilities or training associates, cash is always a prerequisite. Note that the cash output of banks is subtracted by an “hourly upkeep”, which can be thought of as a salary for all of your mafia members. You will profit less when the hourly upkeep is greater than the cash output.
- Gunsmith – produces arms, which is a common ingredient for training associates such as hitmen.
- Warehouse – produces cargo. Cargo is commonly used for building infrastructure and training associates.
- Smelter – produces metal. Like cargo, metal is also used for building and training.
- Diamond Lab – produces diamonds. Upgrading the diamond lab actually buffs training speed.
Aside from systematically producing resources, resource buildings also generate “bubbles” that, when popped, will give out a bonus amount of resources that is equivalent to 10% of the current resource output rate. Make sure that you pop these bubbles routinely and do not just let them sit there. Bubbles generate this 10% bonus output every hour but are capped only to a total of 10 hours. After the 10 hours, the bubbles will no longer give out additional bonuses and will have to be popped in order for the production to restart.
Completing Plot Tasks
Plot tasks serve as the main guide to your mafia underboss career. Plot tasks often involve constructing newly unlocked buildings and trying out new game modes. Certain plot tasks also encourage you to build more resource buildings or upgrade them. Either way, this consequently increases your overall resource output.
There are five plot tasks that need to be accomplished before moving on to the next set of tasks. After completing five tasks, you are rewarded with 5,000 arms, cargo, and metal and these are very beneficial rewards worth grinding for. Moreover, you are also rewarded with XP and speed boosts.
Completing Tasks in the Task Center
Plot tasks are not the only doable tasks that the game has to offer. In fact, the game has an entire section dedicated to tasks and this contains more opportunities to gain bonus resources.
- Daily Tasks – these are tasks that reward you with a small amount of resources by completing mundane actions within a day (i.e. signing in, training associates). Aside from these small rewards, you also earn Activeness Points and these are points are used to fill up a progress bar containing several gift boxes called Activeness Rewards – which contain even better rewards. You can open one gift box once you attain the sufficient Activeness Points.
- Turf Tasks – these tasks involve completing milestones of your mafia boss career (i.e. upgrading a building to a certain level) and completing them rewards you with resources and underboss XP.
- Faction and Family Tasks – these are the easiest tasks to accomplish because all you need to do is start a task and wait until it finishes. You can only complete one task at a time though unless you purchase privileges.
- You get bigger rewards when you complete higher-tier tasks but that also means you have to wait longer. The tier of the tasks are color-coded and they are as follows:
- Plain (gray) > Simple (green) > Rare(light blue > Elite(purple) > Grand(gold)
- VIP tasks – these are also very easy tasks which function similarly to Faction and Family Tasks. All you need to do is open a vault and then wait about a day to finish in order to collect from the vault again.
Robbing in the World Map
The Grand Mafia has a world map where you can go explore the outside of your turf’s walls. Beyond these walls are some great opportunities to harvest resources through places called Resource Tiles. Resource Tiles can be robbed by your associates when you order them to do so.
Each tile has a level and higher levels essentially mean that they carry more resource that can be robbed. Additionally, high-level tiles take shorter to rob and also contain rarer materials.
Buffing Resource Production
The easiest way to buff resource production is to simply upgrade the resource buildings that you currently have. Upon constructing a new resource building, you are actually given two free upgrades so always take advantage of this.
Investments are also another good way to gain passive boosts to resource output. When you unlock the Investment Center, make investments under the category of “Economy” because it contains all the passive boosts related to resource production.
There are other ways to passively boost resource output. You can do these through underboss gear and Babe talents.
The underboss is the highest ranking official of the gang – and they are basically you. The underboss character can actually wear “sets”, which are clothes and other items that give boosts to the mafia when equipped.
For instance, the Architect’s Shovel increases construction speed by 2.8%, crew load capacity by 4%, and diamond production by 4%. Sets, and parts thereof, can be crafted in the Workshop.
In The Grand Mafia, you can date “Babes” and they can give your pragmatic benefits upon doing so. More specifically, the babe’s skills directly give resources. For instance, you can receive two hours’ worth of resources from Olivia. You will have to wait 3 days to do it again.
Babes also have talents which are passive boosts that buff aspects like cash robbery speed (something that you can do in the world map). Talents can be purchased with talent points, which are gained from the Commercial Center.