The Legend of Neverland - A Thorough Guide to Classes and their Abilities
The MMORPG lovers are excited to try out the newest open-world MMORPG on the store, The Legend of Neverland. The GameArk Global developed and published game has just recently launched for the global audience after being heavily tested in an Open Beta phase in the South East Asian regions of Singapore and the Philippines. Players can explore and interact with the vast and immersive land of Neverland spread across multiple instances. The Legend of Neverland boasts a multiple-class system where players can easily switch between all the classes available in the game at the tap of a button.
The context of the story behind the Legend of Neverland lies within the land of Cabala. Cabala is a cursed land of the forgotten past that was invaded by the forces of evil called “Chaos Forces”. Players role-play the protector of the human beings that were caught in the destruction but the protector was defeated by the leader of the chaotic forces. After being defeated and going into a deep slumber, the player is woken up by a Flower Fairy called Iris that accompanies the player and hand-holds them through a tutorial-styled questing system where players can get familiar with the different systems present in the Legend of Neverland. The game also has a traditional questing system that is further branched into different types of quests like Main story quests, side quests, NPC quests, Clan quests, etc. Players can complete these quests to gain massive rewards as well as unlock more systems to increase their power.
The game also has more characters called Flower Fairies which are literal flowers that have bloomed to take the shape of a human. Flower Fairies are loyal companions that assist the protector in their journey and are sent as a blessing by the goddess who took pity on humanity. All Flower Fairies are female chibi-styled collectible characters and can be obtained through a gacha system that is present in-game. Flower fairies have their own separate skills and passives which are used on the battlefield to aid the player.
As previously discussed, the Legend of Neverland does follow a class-based gameplay system where each class has its own specific abilities and passives. Currently, 4 classes exist in the Legend of Neverland with a mention of a 5th unique class coming soon as well. Players need not worry about choosing the right class or their favorite class at the beginning of the game due to the switchable classes feature where players can switch their weapons in hand that instantly changes all of their current usable abilities and skills according to the class of the weapon being used. The 4 classes are as follows:
- Ranger Class – A ranged marksman that excels at killing bosses.
- Gladiator Class – A shining knight in armor that can protect allies or defeat enemies with his cutting-edge sharpened swords.
- Scholar Class – A master of elements that demands control over the battlefield.
- Craftsman Class – A powerful gun user that can inflict continuous damage over time and make enemies vulnerable.
As all of the classes are inter-operable with the 4th class being unlocked when the player reaches Rank 65, there really isn’t any reason to get confused on which class to pick at the beginning of the game. For new players, we would still recommend going with the tried and tested Ranger or Gladiator due to the easy-going and playable nature of the class. Each class has different types of skills:
- Active Skills – These skills are those types of abilities that have to be manually activated and targeted in a particular area or direction to use them. These skills also have a cooldown attached to them.
- Deepen Skills – These skills are like passive abilities that need not be activated manually and do not have any cooldowns. In the Legend of Neverland, the deepen skills generally enhance the active skills.
- Specified Skills – These skills are specially targeted toward a particular class and enhance the various aspects of the class.
The Gladiator Class is like the tried and tested melee damage dealer that is also quite sturdy at the same time. Players will like playing with the Gladiator if they are familiar with the Swordsman class in other similar titles. Gladiators can be built as pure melee damage dealers and wreak havoc on the battlefield especially targeting the squishy targets like the Rangers and Craftsmen. They are blessed with barbaric strength and high HP pools to enjoy the battles to the fullest. However, if players decide to be the damage dealer, then they will be left threatened by enemy ranged champions that can dish out more DPS than a Gladiator due to higher damage multipliers. Gladiators are recommended for beginners who are new to the MMORPG genre and are still learning the basics of the combat system. While some veterans enjoy them, most think the class is too basic to garner interest. Gladiators are also the best choice for players who like PvE content and participate in PvE-based game modes due to their high base defense and AOE-targeted damaging skills.
Gladiator Class Active Abilities
- Uppercut – Sprints towards the target, dealing a total of 140%+20 damage and gaining the [Gladiator] effect. Gladiator: Gains a shield equal to 6% of Max HP for 2 seconds.
- Corrupted Land – Deals 180%+20 damage to nearby enemies, gaining the [Gladiator] effect. Gladiator: Gains immunity against Knock-back and Knock-out for 5 seconds.
- Cross Cut – Deals 200%+70 damage to the target twice, gaining the [Gladiator] effect. Gladiator: Stuns the target hit for 5 seconds.
- Earth Shaking – Draws nearby enemies close, dealing 602%+70 damage and gaining the Gladiator] effect. Gladiator: Reduces the Move SPD of targets hit by 40% for 5 seconds.
- Combo Hit – Deals a total of 150%+15 damage in 3 strikes to enemies in front, gaining the [Berserker] effect. Berserker: Increases damage dealt to targets with less than 35% HP by 15%.
- Punitive Chop – Releases Sword Energy to the front, dealing 450%+70 damage and gaining the [Berserker] effect. Berserker: Increases damage dealt to targets with less than 35% HP by 15%.
- Flash – Sprints in a short distance towards a target, dealing 271%+35 damage and gaining the [Berserker] effect. Berserker: Increases damage dealt with a target with less than 35% HP by 15%. If the target is killed by this skill, the skill can be released again (CD is halved for killing monsters)
- Soul Blast – Wield blade to deal 313%+35 damage towards enemies in the front, reducing defense of targets hit by 20%, gaining Berserker] effect. Berserker: Increases damage dealt with targets with less than 35% HP by 15%
Gladiator Class-Specific Abilities
- Gladiator Rock – This passive effect will only work when 3 or more skills with the [Gladiator] effect are equipped. When you’re immune to Knock-back and Knock-out, increase all resistance attributes by 2 levels. When releasing skills with the Gladiator effect, increases DEF by 3.5% for 8 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Duration will refresh for stacked effects.
- Berserker Debone – This passive effect will only work when 3 or more skills with the [Berserker] effect are equipped. The Execution effect is enhanced. Starting from 50% HP additionally deals up to 25%-50% damage based on the enemy’s lost HP. When killing an enemy with a skill with Berserker effect, enhances the Execution effect by 7% for 10 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Duration will refresh for stacked effects.
The Ranger Class is a ranged DPS class that gives the players a ton of damage at the cost of their low base defense and low base HP pool. They are quite the agile elves that swear to execute their target with their bow and arrows. They make use of the Marksman effect that states enemies take 70% more damage when attacked by other Marksmen which is useful in clearing PvE-based content. Due to their low base HP and squishy nature, they are preferred either by lovers of the range that have experience playing ranged carries or by seasoned veterans of the genre that want to take control of the raw power of Rangers. The player playing a ranger should have excellent control of the movement wheel and should understand the flow of the battle to keep himself/herself safe from potential executions by the Scholars or Gladiators that like to get up close and personal with the targets.
Ranger Class Active Abilities
- Vortex Arrow – Shoots toward the target, dealing 117%+30 damage to targets in the path and gaining the [Marksman] effect. Marksman: Deals 70% Skill Damage to targets hit per 5 seconds, lasting for 20 seconds.
- Shattering Arrow – Shoots out several arrows towards a cone area in front, dealing 120%+20 damage to targets in the path and gaining the [Marksman] effect. Marksman: Deals 30% Skill Damage to targets hit per 5 seconds, lasting for 20 seconds.
- Multi Arrows – Shoots the target 5 times in total dealing 375%+50 damage and gaining the [Marksman] effect. Marksman: For each Marksman carried by the target, increases damage dealt by this skill by 35%.
- Meteor Arrows – Charges power and shoots out a meteor, dealing 365%+52 damage to nearby enemies and gaining the [Marksman] effect. Marksman: Reduces Guard by 20% and Move SPD by 30% for targets hit, lasting for 8 seconds.
- Roundhouse Kick – Sprints to kick enemies in front, dealing 128%+30 damage and gaining the [Windchaser] effect. Windchaser: Reduces target’s Dodge by 15% and increases own Dodge by 15% for 6 seconds.
- Shifting Bolt – Deal a total of 450%+60 damage to front enemies within a certain range, and make a self-flip back a certain distance. The skill has the effect of “Windchaser”. Windchaser: The target is affected by the immobilization for 6 seconds.
- Sharp Waltz – Spins fast and wields blades to deal a total of 602%+70 damage to nearby enemies, gaining the [Windchaser] effect. Windchaser: Increases Pierce by 15% for 6 seconds.
- Strength of Nature – Enter the camouflage state, it will hide its own information and figure within 8 seconds (In battle is up to 3 seconds), at the same time increase its own movement speed by 40% and restore 10% HP, skill brings I Windchaser] effect. Windchaser: Purify own abnormal state when released.
Ranger Class Specific Abilities
- Marksman Hawk Eye – This passive effect will only work when 3 or more skills with the Marksman] effect are equipped. The effect of Marksman is increased by 25%. When hitting enemies with skills with the Marksman effect, there is a chance to reduce the CD of Multi Arrows by 5 seconds.
- Windchaser Wind Control – This passive effect will only work when 3 or more skills with the [WindChaser] effect are equipped. Dodge chance +1. Reduces CD of skills with WindChaser effect by 20%. 3Immune to Knock-back and Knock-out when releasing Sharp Waltz.
The Scholar Class are your runic mages that make use of the elements of nature to deal damage to enemies. The Scholars are the best-in-class choice for players who like to be in control of the battlefield and by control, we mean the crowd control abilities that this class brings with itself. Stuns, slows, continuous damage, disruption, and many more are just some of the crowd control effects brought by Scholars. Scholars are primarily a form of ranged damage dealers that can do a massive amount of Damage overtime during the course of the battle. They are the biggest foes of Gladiators whom they can easily control with their crowd control abilities and the magical damage capabilities of the wizards. They can position themselves according to their free will and can also make use of some dashes and teleportation spells. We recommend playing the Scholar class for PvP-based game modes due to their good damage output and high crowd control and debuffing abilities.
Scholar Class Active Abilities
- Coldfire Bird– Launches a firebird at the target, which explodes when it hits the target, causing 120%+20 damage to enemies within a certain range, and the skill has the effect of “Judge”. Judge: Enemies get hit and take 15% skill damage every 1 second for 3 seconds.
- Kiss of Frost Wyrm – A giant ice dragon condenses under the target’s feet, causing 135%+20 damage to enemies within the target range, and the skill has the effect of “Judge”. Judge: Enemies get hit and their movement speed is reduced by 90% for 2 seconds.
- EM Chain Strike – Releases EM Cannon to enemies in a line in the front, dealing a total of 408%+60 damage and gaining the [Judge] effect Judge: Silences targets hit for 5 seconds.
- Assaulting Hurricane – Releases a hurricane toward the target, dealing 271%+35 damage to enemies in the path and gaining the Judge] effect. Judge: The hurricane will keep drawing nearby enemies within range.
- Thunder Forbidden Zone – Makes a sacrifice to summon lightning, dealing 300%+30 damage to front enemies for once and gaining the [Priest] effect. Priest: Additionally releases an electric arc.
- Pious Light – Regenerate HP for yourself and nearby allies that equals 375%+70 ATK, gaining the [Priest] effect. Priest: Affected units restore 5% of their Max HP per 5 seconds over the next 10 seconds.
- Star Blessing – Grants own and nearby allies 5%+0 ATK bonus for 10 seconds, gaining the [Priest] effect. Priest: Removes debuffs from affected units. Only works once per 30 seconds on the same target.
- Purification of Light – Summon 3 light beams in front of you, each beam deals 103.29%+11 55 damage, and the skill brings “Priest” effect. Priest: Each time hit the enemy, increase your hit rate by 30%, up to 90%, and last for 5 seconds.
Scholar Class-Specific Abilities
- Judge Verdict – This passive effect will only work when 3 or more skills with the Judge effect are equipped. When afflicting debuffs on enemies, increase your own Crush by 5% for 5 seconds, stacking up to 3 times.
- Priest Bless – This passive effect will only work when 3 or more skills with the [Priest] effect are equipped. Gains 12.5% Damage Reduction for 2.5 seconds when releasing Thunder Forbidden Zone.
The Craftsman Class is akin to the Ranger class except the weapon being used is not a bow and arrow but a Gun. Yes, an actual Gunslinger that is deadly to foes. The Craftsman is a unique class that is not unlocked at the beginning of the game and rather becomes available when the player reaches Level 65 in-game. Once unlocked, players can switch between this class just like regular classes by equipping a weapon affiliated with the Craftsman class. The Craftsman makes use of the Vulnerable mechanic where enemies debuffed with Vulnerable take more damage over time as well as directly by the Craftsman. This makes Craftsman like an upgraded version of the Ranger but with less mobility and more firepower in his/her arsenal.
Craftsman Class Active Abilities
- Blasting Sparkle – Release Blast Power to the front, dealing damage to the targets and weaken them for 5 seconds (Blocking their healing effects), and inflict the target with Vulnerability effect. Vulnerability (for each stack of debuff the target has, the Craftsman skill’s damage increase by 4%, up to 20%)
- Flame Charge – Charge to target location, dealing damage to the target and nearby enemies two times, and inflict the target with vulnerability effect. Vulnerability (for each stack of debuff the target has, the Craftsman skill’s damage increases by 4%, up to 20%)
- Scorching Blast – Deal damage to enemies in the front area, and inflict the target with the Vulnerability effect. Vulnerability (for each stack of debuff the target has, the Craftsman skill’s damage increase by 4%, up to 20%)
- Blood Restraint – Deal damage per second to the nearby enemies over time and restore HP equal to 15% of the damage dealt, last for 5 seconds. Inflict the target with the Vulnerability Effect. Vulnerability (for each stack of debuff the target has, the Craftsman skill’s damage increases by 4%, up to 20%)
- Blazing Fire – Summon Hydra dealing damage per second to the targets around Hydra (Blocking their healing effects), and inflict the target with Vulnerability effect, which lasts for 5 seconds. Vulnerability (for each stack of debuff the target has, the Craftsman skill’s damage increases by 4%, up to 20%)
To play The Legend of Neverland on a bigger screen of your PC with lag-free, optimized, and smooth gameplay, it’s highly recommended to use BlueStacks along with your keyboard and mouse.