How to Download & Use the Zoom App on PC & Mac?
Video conferencing and virtual meetings have been the norm for 2020. With restrictions on travel and social gatherings, people have resorted to the Zoom app for personal and business use. It’s a cloud-based service optimum for video and audio conferencing. The software offers a seamless video calling experience with minimal lags and glitches.
The Zoom app is the preferred choice of several business entities because it’s easy to use and delivers a flawless performance, even in its free version. It works fine for casual video calls, too, since there aren’t any hiccups during the call, and you don’t need a super-fast internet connection for it to function properly.
The Zoom app comes in a number of variants. Businesses have the option to choose the subscription plan that falls within their budget and meets the team size as well. Here are the available options:
- Zoom Free: you don’t need to pay anything for the free version. Meetings cannot be recorded, and any meeting should not exceed 40 minutes in duration. You are free to host as many meets as you want.
- Zoom Pro: Zoom Pro costs $14.99 per month and meeting hosts. You can record all the meetings and share them with the members. A single meeting can go on for a maximum of 24 hours.
- Zoom Business: this plan is priced at $19.99 per month with a minimum requirement of 10 meeting hosts. You get prompt customer support and transcriptions of the recorded zoom meetings alongside various other options.
- Zoom Enterprise: this tier also costs $19.99 per month. However, the minimum host requirement is 100. It’s suitable for large businesses (1000+ employees). You get unlimited cloud storage, special discounts, and a customer success manager for your business.
Features of the Zoom App
The Zoom app optimizes the entire video conferencing experience through various features and innovative solutions. You can now add filters during a Zoom call too.
Here are the key features of Zoom:
1. Advanced Security Tools
Business meetings often have discussions on confidential information, be it upcoming projects or other sensitive data. The Zoom app gives the meeting host the option to lock the meeting once all intended participants have joined the room. You can remove or mute current members and disable private chat as well. You can also report other participants who’re causing trouble.
2. OnZoom Feature for Online Ventures
OnZoom is an online events platform where you can host events of your creative expertise. These include fitness classes, music lessons, comedy shows, etc. You have the option to monetize the event and keep a virtual ticket price for each entrant.
3. Zapp for Multi-App Integration
The Zapp feature gives you the luxury to integrate several productive apps with the Zoom app, and the same can be used during Zoom calls. The list of associated apps includes – Slack, Dropbox, Slido, Muro, HubSpot, Coursera, etc. The feature is still in its beta phase and would make it to the official version before the end of 2020.
How to Use the Zoom App on your PC or Laptop?
The Zoom app provides hassle-free mobile device access for Android and iOS smartphones. Here’s how you can access Zoom on your laptop or PC:
- You can download the Zoom app for your Windows or macOS systems. It’s easy and doesn’t require heavy system requirements.
- Once you have installed the application, create your account on Zoom to become an authorized member.
- You have the option to either “Host” or “Join” a new meeting. Enter the meeting ID or personal link if you want to join a meeting.
- Select “Start with Video” and then click on “New Meeting” to begin a new meeting with you as the host.
- If you don’t want to download the Zoom app, you can access the video conferencing app directly through your web browser.
- Click on “Join from your Browser,” and you’ll be redirected to the meeting entrance page. Enter your display name and select audio/video options (on or off), and you’re all set to attend the meeting.
- The meeting host has the power to mute or kick participants out of the meeting. Other members can share documents and their entire display screen to ensure everyone in the meeting is on the same page.
- Never share the meeting ID with anyone as it can cause unwanted trouble and might deviate the meeting from the real topic.
How to Install the Zoom App on your Laptop or PC using BlueStacks?
The best way to use the Zoom app on your laptop or computer system is through the BlueStacks app player. It provides a secure interface and enhances the app’s performance to enrich the user experience. Here’s how you can download and install the Zoom app for your PC:
- Download and install BlueStacks on your PC.
- Complete Google Sign-in to access the Play Store, or do it later.
- Look for Zoom using the search bar in the top-right corner.
- Click to install Zoom from the search results.
- Complete Google Sign-in (if you skipped step 2) to install the Zoom app.
- Click the Zoom icon on the home screen to start using the app.
Virtual conferences and remote team meetings continue to play a vital role in 2020 because of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The Zoom app is a reliable solution to address your team members, incline on a goal, and work towards it with full dedication. The BlueStacks app player provides several additional features like the auto backup that makes it the best choice to run the Zoom app on PC.