Lord of Heroes – 2nd Anniversary War of the Tyrants Update
Anniversary times are the best time for any game as players can expect fun new events, tons of rewards, and freebies alongside new content updates and roadmaps for the future of the game. Lord of Heroes, is about to turn 2 years old and the game doesn’t seem to stop in providing new content! This month’s patch update takes a look at some of the new story changes coming with the advent of the 2nd anniversary for the turn-based RPG by CloverGames. Players can expect major changes and new heroes as well when the patch drops on 24th March 2022 after maintenance ends.
This update is bringing 2 new much-anticipated heroes – Dark Lucilicca and Water Johan. Out of the 2 new heroes being added, Dark Lucilicca is a paid hero which can only be obtained by purchasing or gifting her hero package while Water Johan is a free-to-play hero that can be obtained from one of the new events taking place in-game. A new story mode titled War of the Tyrants is also added to the game which challenges players by limiting them and putting certain conditions on them while they clear the story mode. The update can be seen live in-game after the server maintenance ends on 24th March 2022. This is the 2nd update for the month of March in Lord of Heroes and is advertised as a 2nd-anniversary update.
New Hero Dark Lucilicca
The newest hero coming to the game as a Paid exclusive hero is Dark Lucilicca. CloverGames have revealed her skill sets as well as a special PV video for her on their official youtube channel which gives all players a brief about her. Dark Lucilicca was also recently featured in the March Avillon Times which the developers release to create hype for their upcoming heroes and updates. Dark Lucilicca is the Dark element counterpart of the hero Lucilicca.
Her description reads “There are nearly countless people aiming to become one of the next Archmages of Lumisade. It is the dream job of many, including almost every Academy student. Still, as people start to face the obstacles of reality as they grow older, most people give up in the end, knowing that their efforts will never be enough. Others would start aiming for less-demanding jobs but ‘higher-value’ titles, dropping their goals to meet the amount of stress they can handle. In the end, those people never achieve anything.”
Dark Lucilicca is a 4-Star Dark elemental hero that is classified as a Warrior type. She is a great single target damage dealer that can destroy enemies and bosses both. She is going to be a top-tier unit for PvE as well as PvP. Her 1st skill Subjugation is a single targeted damaging ability that states she attacks the selected enemy and has a 70% chance to inflict a new debuff called Elemental weakness for 2 turns. This new mechanic will make the user who has it be the weaker element for any hero attacking it. This means this will provide an elemental advantage to units who otherwise would be weaker if they target the unit which has this debuff. Her 2nd ability Needle Shot is a single targeted damaging ability that grants Immunity and damage resistance for 2 turns. This damage resistance buff will mitigate the incoming damage by 15% and can be stacked with other damage reduction buffs.
This skill is on a base 4 turn cooldown which is pretty high compared to other skills. Her Burst Skill Black Thorns costs 4 Spirit Cost and is a game-changing ability. It is a single targeted damaging ability that has an 85% chance of inflicting 100,000 true damage to the target and ignores all buffs on the target. Now, we do not know if this is only applicable to bosses or heroes as well since it’s not mentioned in the skill. More testing needs to be done on this skill but if it works on heroes, it is a guaranteed 1 shot since no hero has over 100,000 HP.
Take a look at Dark Lucilicca’s skills in detail-
Subjugation: Fills Burst Gauge by 108 Attacks on the selected enemy. 70% chance to inflict the target with elemental weakness 2 turns. All attacks against a target with elemental weakness are considered to hold an elemental advantage.
Needle Shot: Fills Burst Gauge by 156 Attacks on the selected enemy. Grants immunity and damage resistance to the user for 2 turns. This buff reduces incoming damage by 15%. Stacks with other damage resistance effects.
Black Thorns (Burst Skill): Attacks the selected enemy. 85% chance to deal 100.000 True Damage to the target while ignoring all buffs. True Damage is not affected by damage multipliers of any kind.
Unyielding Conviction (Passive): Increases Speed by 3.
Preemptive Action (Passive): Increases damage against Light elemental enemies by 5%.
Dark Lucilicca can be recruited by purchasing her hero package by paying real-life money. Players can build her with Attack%, Critical Hit Rate, Critical Hit Damage, and Health%.
New Hero Water Johan
The 2nd hero being released alongside Dark Lucilicca is Water Johan who is the Water elemental counterpart of the hero Johan. The community was excited since he was also mentioned to be released in the March Avillon Times and was one of the original mascots of the game with Fran.
His description reads “In the past, there was a family of three. The father and mother decided to start anew, throwing away their poverty-stricken past. Selling everything they had, the two of them lead their only son onto a boat headed for Isola. While the boy’s life was full of hardships, the people beside him were always there for him. They encouraged him to do his best and pushed him forward. A few years later, the famed and beloved Triess family took him in, proclaiming him a son. This led to the biggest festival that had happened in the town for years. The boy who knew the value of love grew into a man, becoming the youngest vice-commander of Isola’s famed Tidal Knights. Not forgetting the warmth and love that he received, it was now his turn to share.”
Water Johan is a 4-Star Water elemental hero which is classified as a Guardian class in-game. Water Johan is an excellent tank hero that scales with more Maximum Health and does more damage with his skills the more Health he has. He also is a great hero to shut down high DPS heroes. His 1st skill Dual Strike is a single targeted damaging skill that deals damage to the selected enemy while having a 60% chance to inflict a Decrease Attack debuff for 2 turns. This skill’s damage scales with his Maximum Health. His 2nd ability Luminous Slash is an AOE targeted damaging skill that targets all enemies and has a 70% chance to inflict a Critical Hit Down debuff for 2 turns while providing a Critical Hit Resistance buff for 2 turns. The damage of this skill increases with his own Maximum Health. This skill is on a base 4 turn cooldown. His Burst ability Exelion Barrage is a single targeted damaging skill that heals himself by 30% and has a 70% chance to grant Immunity buff for 2 turns. This skill’s damage is based on his maximum health. As we can see, he provides good utility to mitigate damage while providing Immunity as well. All of his skills scale with his Maximum Health and we recommend players to build him with Health% and Speed.
Take a look at Water Johan’s skills in detail-
Dual Strike: Attacks the selected enemy. 60% chance to reduce the target’s attack power for 2 turns. Damage increases based on the user’s maximum health.
Luminous Slash: Attacks all enemies. 70% chance to reduce all targets’ crit, the rate for 2 turn(s). and additionally raise all allies’ crit, resistance for 2 turns. Damage increases based on the user’s maximum health.
Exelion Barrage (Burst Skill): Attacks the selected enemy. Heals the user’s health by 30%, and has a 70% chance to grant immunity to all allies for 2 turns. Damage increases based on the user’s maximum health.
Shining Hope of the Future (Passive): Increases Health by 3%.
Azure Wave of Patience (Passive): Increases damage against fire elemental enemies by 5%.
War of the Tyrants – New Story
War of the Tyrants is the newest story mode being released for Lord of Heroes which is scheduled to release on 24th March 2022. The introduction to this new story begins when the lord is thrown 50 years into the past of Avillon to understand how the events in history took place and formed the kingdoms of today’s Avillon. Players will be able to enter the War of the Tyrants story mode if they have cleared Stage 8-16 on Normal difficulty. The entrance to this story mode will be on the right-hand side of the Citadel.
Records of History are the historical events that took place in Avillon 50 years ago and players can access it from the left-hand side in the main menu of War of the Tyrants. Players can select and activate any of the events from the Records of History and players can tap on it to go to the location where the event took place. Throughout the battle, players will be able to experience the actual event and the story behind the event. The Records of History are divided into different books and each book is further divided into different chapters. Each chapter unlocks in 7 days since it takes time to restore the history. Players can expect new chapters every week. This might sound confusing but it’s quite simple. Currently, only the Book of Prophecy is unlocked while the patch notes state that the Book of Strife and Book of Truth will be updated in the future.
Battle System in War of Tyrants
The battle system in War of Tyrants is different from the usual system we have for PvE content in Lord of Heroes. Here are some of the differences:
- The formations that we know and use will no longer be available to be used in War of the Tyrants battles.
- Some pre-set heroes will be available in certain chapters of the Books in War of Tyrants and players will not be able to edit them out.
- The Heroes who are pre-set cannot use Assist attacks during battles.
- Some battles in War of Tyrants will be divided into different phases and players will need to clear all phases to finish the chapter.
- The different buffs/debuffs/skill effects will not be removed until all the phases are over.
- Phase battles can occur multiple times in a single round.
With Friends or Children Campaign
The latest event in Lord of Heroes is a partnership between CloverGames and Korean Unicef. They are jointly running a new event campaign called “with Friends or Children” which starts from 24th March 2022 after maintenance ends. The new event is a great way to provide freebies to players, generate awareness as well as provide a new hero in return for completing certain milestones of the event.
The new hero is going to be Water Johan who we took a look at above. Here are some of the details of the event:
- Players can earn Donation Points by inviting new players or returning players using your custom Invite Code.
- The Invite Codes can be obtained by going to the event page.
- The players who have used your Invite Code need to complete Stage 4-12 on Normal difficulty and this will provide 121 Donation Points to you.
- Players get rewarded at different Donation Point milestones and one of the rewards includes Water Johan.
- Players can invite up to a maximum of 30 new or returning players.
- Returning player conditions count as players who have not logged in the game for 1 month or more.
- New player conditions count as players who are creating accounts after March 24th after maintenance has ended.
Avillon Events for the Month of March 2022 – April 2022
- Paid To Upgrade (24th March – 27th March) (Daily Event) event rewards players the more Gold they spend in upgrading their collected equipment. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 5 pieces of equipment Upgraded using Gold – Gold x 10,000
- 10 pieces of equipment Upgraded using Gold – Colisseum Token x 2
- 15 pieces of equipment Upgraded using Gold – Gold x 50,000
- 20 pieces of equipment Upgraded using Gold – Colisseum Token x 4
- 30 pieces of equipment Upgraded using Gold – Alchemy Ticket x 3
- Training with Aslan (24th March – 10th April) (Daily Event) event rewards according to the number of victories achieved in the Mercenary Training. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 1 Victory in Mercenary Training – Training Token x 10
- 2 Victories in Mercenary Training – Elixirs of Insight x 20
- 3 Victories in Mercenary Training – Elixirs of Insight x 20
- 4 Victories in Mercenary Training – Alchemy Ticket x 5
- 5 Victories in Mercenary Training – Elixirs of Insight x 30
- 7 Victories in Mercenary Training – Elixirs of Insight x 30
- 10 Victories in Mercenary Training – Alchemy Ticket x 5
- 15 Victories in Mercenary Training – Renown x 100,000
- Calamity’s Bane (27th March – 9th April) (Term Event) is an upcoming event that rewards players for participating in Raid Battles in the Calamity Bane. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows:
- 2 Raid Battles Completed – Energy x 3000
- 4 Raid Battles Completed – Elixir of Insight x 30
- 8 Raid Battles Completed – Renown x 30000
- 12 Raid Battles Completed – Gold x 100000
- 16 Raid Battles Completed – Alchemy Ticket x 10
This covers everything new coming with the 2nd anniversary update for Lord of Heroes. Feel free to read the official notes on Lord of Heroes’ official website. Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!
To play Lord of Heroes on PC using keyboard and mouse, get the best experience on BlueStacks.