AFK Arena Hero Overview - A Guide to Desert’s Eye Alaro
The latest addition to the AFK Arena hero pool is a Mauler that was born in a different environment and embarked on a journey to the place where he truly belongs. He became one of the most dependable spies under the Mauler faction.
The previous Mauler that was introduced in the game, Thesku, has unique abilities and is also considered as an outcast after their race was obliterated by the Lightbrearers in a war wherein they have been used as a weapon. You can read more about Thesku’s lore and abilities here.
Now let’s have a look at the latest Mauler hero’s abilities and lore.
Alaro appears to be a lizard, albeit standing on two feet like a human. He also uses one of his dagger weapons in his tails in addition to the two daggers he has hidden behind his clothes. He is also sometimes seen using his tongue as a whip and a weapon.
He resembles Ringo a lot in the movie of the same name but uses daggers instead of a pistol. Not only does he use his tongue as a weapon but also as a grabber which is very useful when he is a spy and needs to steal some intel.
Alaro is a Mauler that is born in the Dark Forest where most of the Wilders reside. This became obvious to him when he was unable to perform some properties the Wilder faction can do easily like climbing trees in the Dark Forest. He is a carnivore, even his neighbor gets disgusted by his breath and his color is not green, which is the main classification of the Wilders.
So Alaro embarked on a journey and headed to the west where he finally saw the vibrant yellow color of the sand. He resonated with the new environment he got into a lot and his yellow color gives him an advantage and uses it as a camouflage. This is where he met the wise old Skriath.
Skriath and Alaro have many things in common as Skriath stated that he is also an outcast seeking a home. They joined together in an adventure to find their home, their true home.
Incognito Mode (Passive First Skill) – Alaro receives 30% less damage while on the enemy side of the battlefield. If Alaro is incognito, he will stop actively fighting, and instead gather enemy intelligence. After gathering intelligence from all enemy heroes, Alaro ceases being incognito and returns to his team’s backline to deliver the gathered intelligence to his allies. For the following 60 seconds, allied heroes gain an additional 16 Energy points when dealing damage to enemies who have already had their intelligence stolen by Alaro. Each ally can only trigger this effect once every second. When Alaro ceases being incognito, he immediately returns to pass on the intelligence he has gathered from his enemies to his allies.
- Level 2 – Enemies who have had their intelligence stolen lose 16% Crit Block Rate.
- Level 3 – For the following 85 seconds, allied heroes gain an additional 16 Energy points when dealing damage to enemies who have already had their intelligence stolen.
- Level 4 – Enemies who have had their intelligence stolen lose 30% Crit Block Rate.
Dummy Double (Second Skill) – At the start of battles, Alaro creates a dummy that occupies his original position, that possesses the same attributes as himself. After creating the dummy, Alaro goes incognito, during which time he is immune to damage and Control Effects. When Alaro’s dummy is destroyed, Alaro ceases being incognito, and the dummy deals 420% of Alaro’s Attack Rating as AoE damage to nearby enemies, also stunning them for 3 seconds.
- Level 2 – Dummy deals 460% of Alaro’s Attack Rating as AoE damage when destroyed.
- Level 3 – Enemies are stunned for 5 seconds.
- Level 4 – When the dummy is destroyed, all allies are granted a shield that mitigates damage equal to 550% of Alaro’s Attack Rating.
Snooping Ambush (Third Skill) – Alaro makes a record of the enemy with the highest Attack Rating, and then uses his blowgun to deal damage equal to 270% of his Attack Rating to the enemy, simultaneously removing the majority of the enemy’s buffs. In the following 7 seconds, Alaro slows the enemy target and makes another record of the enemy’s Attack Rating, and then compares the difference between both records.
Based on the Attack Rating difference, the enemy will lose more Haste the greater the difference is. The quantity of Haste lost by the enemy will be increased by a minimum of 10 points, and a maximum of 30 points.
- Level 2 – Damage is increased to 320%.
- Level 3 – Duration of skill is increased to 10 seconds.
- Level 4 – Alaro slows the enemy target and makes another record of the enemy’s Attack Rating, and then compares the difference between both records. While the target is slowed, based on the Attack Rating difference, the enemy will receive more damage the greater the difference is. Damage received by the enemy will be increased by a minimum of 10%, and a maximum of 40%.
Unwanted Surprises (Ultimate Ability) – Alaro attacks an enemy target with poison daggers, dealing damage equal to 230% of his Attack Rating 3 times to the target. Within the next 15 seconds, the enemy struck by the poison daggers will lose health equal to 220% of Alaro’s Attack Rating when they repeatedly use non-passive skills, and their Attack Rating will be reduced by 12%.
The enemy’s Attack Rating can be reduced up to 5 times.
- Level 2 – Enemy target loses 250% of Alaro’s Attack Rating as health when they repeatedly use non-passive skills.
- Level 3 – Enemy target’s Attack Rating is reduced by 14% when they repeatedly use non-passive skills.
Mauler Warhorn (All Too Easy) – Allies within a certain range of Alaro recover health equal to 190% of his Attack Rating, and gain 30 Dodge points for the following 3 seconds. Each ally may only receive this effect once every 4 seconds.
- +10 – Allies recover health equal to 220% of Alaro’s Attack Rating, and gain 30 Dodge points for the following 3 seconds.
- +20 – Allies recover health equal to 250% of Alaro’s Attack Rating, and gain 50 Dodge points for the following 3 seconds.
- +30 – Enemies within a certain range of Alaro lose 120 Accuracy points for the following 4 seconds. Each enemy may only suffer this effect once every 8 seconds.
Furniture Set Bonuses – Intelligence Analysis
- Having 3 of 9 pieces – Excluding Alaro, allies that successfully use control effects against enemies who have had their intelligence stolen by Alaro gain 30 Haste points for the following 6 seconds. This effect cannot be stacked.
- Having 9 of 9 pieces – Allies that possess intelligence about enemies gain an additional 24 Insight points.
Heroes that can Synergize with Alaro
- Skriath – Not only are they a duo in the lore, they can also work better in battle. Alaro has an ability that can boost Intelligence heroes and Skriath is a perfect intelligence hero with abilities that can really benefit from the buff.
- Merlin – Merlin is also an Intelligence hero from the Dimensional Faction. You can use Merlin as your backline when using Alaro because he can heal his teammates. Merlin is one of the most reliable healers in the game so adding him to your team is good in general.
- Hendrik – Hendrik is a strength-based tank that is a really good hero to use in your frontline. Having him in the front and Alaro in the back will ensure your survival and will help deal more damage and not die instantly.
If you are new to the game and not satisfied with the current characters, You can reroll easily using our multi-instance feature that lets you open the game multiple times at the same time. Download Bluestacks now!
What do you think of the skillset of this new character? Are you interested in building this hero?