Tower of Fantasy – A Comprehensive Guide for KING
Tower of Fantasy is the newest sensation to play in the MMORPG genre as the HOTTA Studios developed title seems to have no signs of stopping its popularity among the fans. Recently crossing over 2 million downloads combined on both the Google Play Store and iOS App Store, Tower of Fantasy has ranked 1st on many different country’s Play Stores.
KING is an SSR Fire elemental character who is listed as a DPS type in the game. KING is the manifestation of the Scythe of the Crow weapon. In this KING Guide, we will enlist the various skills, passives, and awakening traits KING has while explaining each of them in real-time combat. We will also give some tips and tricks on how to play KING in real-time combat along with some helpful build and team recommendations.
KING Skills and Passives
KING’s basic attacks like a majority of other Tower of Fantasy Simulacrum are divided into 7 types of attacks – Normal/ Basic Attack, Jump Attack, Jump Hold Attack, Hold Attack, Crouch Attack, Dodge Attack, and Perfect Dodge Attack. All of these attacks can further be used in combination to perfect their execution and deal more damage in a lesser amount of time. They can also be combined for some amazing chain combos.
KING’s basic attacks and combos that we mentioned before are divided into the following – Normal/ Basic Attack, Jump Attack, Jump Hold Attack, Hold Attack, Crotch Attack, Dodge Attack, and Perfect Dodge Attack.
While on the ground, swing the scythe to launch 5 consecutive attacks.
- First Attack: Deal damage equal to 57.1% of ATK + 3 and knock the target back a short distance.
- Second Attack: Deal damage equal to 49.1% of ATK + 3 and knock the target back a short distance.
- Third Attack: Deal damage equal to 106.8% of ATK + 6 and knock the target back a short distance.
- Fourth Attack: Deal damage equal to 109.5% of ATK + 6 and knock the target back a short distance.
- Fifth Attack: Deal damage equal to 104.2% of ATK + 5, strongly suspend the target, and cause the Wanderer to go airborne.
Rising Scythe (Jump Attack)
While airborne or after jumping once, attack 5 times in a row.
- First Attack: Deal damage equal to 63.4% of ATK + 3.
- Second Attack: Deal damage equal to 68.8% of ATK + 4.
- Third Attack: Deal damage equal to 190.5% of ATK + 10.
- Fourth Attack: Deal damage equal to 213.6% of ATK + 11.
- Fifth Attack: Deal damage equal to 173.9% of ATK + 9 and knock the target down. The higher the altitude when triggering the attack, the greater the damage dealt, up to 600% damage.
Asunder (Jump Hold Attack)
Tap and hold the normal attack while airborne (or tap when a target is selected), or tap the normal attack while climbing, jumping backward, or using the Jetpack to trigger Asunder.
While falling, deal damage equal to 12.5% of ATK + 1 each hit. Upon landing, deal damage equal to 71.9% of ATK + 4 and deliver a knockdown.
The higher the altitude when triggering the attack, the greater the damage dealt, up to 600% damage.
Returning Chainblade (Normal Hold Attack)
After the fourth normal attack, hold the normal attack button to trigger Returning Chainblade.
Transform into a chain blade, dealing damage equal to 137.4% of ATK + 7 to nearby targets and pulling them in.
Sneak Attack (Crouch Attack)
Approach the enemy from behind while crouching, then tap normal attack to use Sneak Attack, dealing damage equal to 570% of ATK + 30.
Returning Chainblade Activation (Perfect Dodge Attack)
Tap normal attack during the short perfect dodge window to trigger (tap an arrow button before dodging) Rapid Lunge.
Deal up to 126.9% of ATK + 7 damage and pull in nearby enemies.
Domain of the Bat (Dodge Attack)
When dodging, summon a domain of the bat that pulls the target into the center. Tap normal attack during the short period after dodging to swing the scythe, dealing up to 114.3% of ATK + 6 damage to the target.
King’s normal attacks have one of the highest ranges in the game due to the scythe of the crow’s length. Players can manifest as King after obtaining the Scythe of the Crow weapon from the gacha banners. King is exceptionally good against enemies that are in a mob or group as his continuous damage abilities and Flame passive help him execute them immediately. Hence, he is often considered the god of PvE content, especially for early game players that have trouble farming to get experience. One of the best ways to use KING is by using his jump attack that deals 5 hits with each hit successively dealing more damage to the enemies. By default, the scythe deals more damage to enemies and is an AOE-targeted weapon, unlike swords or lances.
FLAME (ELEMENTAL PASSIVE)
Fully charged weapons will set the target on fire for 8 seconds with the next attack, causing ongoing damage of 58% of ATK every second. Ignited targets receive 50% efficacy from healing.
As we can read from above, KING’s passive Flame is actually really good against bosses and healers like Cocoritter that are annoying in PvE and PvP respectively. It decreases the amount of healing the enemies afflicted by Ignite can receive by 50%. However, this Ignite stacks only apply when his weapon is fully charged.
Mortal Coil (1st Active Ability)
Swing the scythe, dealing damage equal to 499.9% of ATK + 26.
Cooldown: 45 seconds.
Flaming Scythe (Weapon Discharge Skill)
When the weapon charge is full or Phantasia is triggered, remove all debuffs from the wielder and create a Flame Scythe upon switching to this weapon, dealing damage equal to 398.3% of ATK + 21 and lasting for 10 seconds.
Additionally, spawn Flaming Scythes Domain every 2 seconds. The scythes summon volcanic eruptions from the ground, which deal damage equal to 66% of ATK + 3 to targets and suspend them.
KING Awakening Traits
Awakening Traits are unlocked for all Simulacrums when you gift them their most valuable possessions. After gifting, the Simulacrum get Recollection points as a form of rewards. When the Recollection points reach a certain threshold, they provide you with advancements. Here are the advancements for KING:
- Coldblooded Swipe (Unlocks at 1200 Awakening) – Every 7 enemies defeated by King restore HP equal to 8% of Max HP.
- Fear Reaper (Unlocks at 4000 Awakening) – Every 5 enemies defeated by King restore HP equal to 10% of Max HP.
Players can easily advance their characters by using the fusion core of the same weapon. The catch is that the fusion cores can only be accessed by summoning a duplicate of the weapon from the gacha recruitment banners. Players can also get 1 copy of the weapon from the Weapon Store after obtaining at least 1 copy of KING. KING’s advancements are as follows: –
1st Advancement (A1)
Increase shatter by 15%. After shattering the target’s shield, deal burning damage equal to 120% of ATK to the target every second for 15 seconds.
2nd Advancement (A2)
Increase the current weapon’s base HP growth by 16%.
3rd Advancement (A3)
Increase damage dealt by 10% for each enemy within 6 meters, up to a maximum of 30%.
4th Advancement (A4)
Increase the current weapon’s base ATK growth by 32%.
5th Advancement (A5)
Increase damage dealt against HP shields or shielded enemies by 100%.
6th Advancement (A6)
Increase damage dealt by 10% for each enemy slain for 30 seconds (stack up to 3 times).
KING’s Build, Matrice, and Team Recommendations
The Scythe of the Crow, aka KING, is known for his ability to counter Shields due to his high Shield breaking capabilities. This metric is called as Shatter in the official in-game terminology and Scythe of the Crow has 12.5 Shatter which is the highest out of any other weapon available in the game.
Let’s check out the Matrices that are often used by KING: –
- King (2-Set Matrice) – For every 10% shatter applied to a target, increase damage dealt by 4%/5%/6%/7% for 25 seconds, up to 3 stacks.
- Shiro (2-Set Matrice) – Increase both damage and shatter to targets with more than 50% HP by 15%/19%/22.5%/26%.
- Robarg (3-Set Matrice) – When a target is shattered, poison the target and deal damage equal to 45%/56%/67.5% of ATK every second for 10 seconds.
King’s Scythe of the Crow and Shiro’s Chakram of the Seas can activate Double Attack resonance that will provide players with 10% extra damage in solo play while 40% damage increase in a group. Shiro’s cooldown reset capabilities coupled with KING’s Shield breaking capabilities prove to be a nightmare for bosses and minions altogether. Players can also Nemesis’s Venus for some passive healing to self-sustain among high-damage dealers.
Team Member’s Recommendation
- Nemesis (Venus) – Nemesis is a Volt elemental user that makes use of the Venus weapon. She is perfect for KING teams as she can provide passive healing to the teammates and increase the overall tankiness of the team. KING needs to go in and act as a secondary DPS to constantly break Shields which puts him at risk of dying. Her utility can provide to be extremely useful in such situations. She also can counter Water Simulacrum that threatens KING.
- Samir (Dual EM Stars) – Samir is a Volt elemental user that makes use of the Dual EM Stars weapon. Samir is important in this team due to her insanely high damage dealing capabilities that excel more than KING in most scenarios. She acts like a Main DPS in the team while KING can help break the pesky Shields that exist on the bosses. Both of them also activate the double Attack resonance that we talked about previously.
That covers everything to know about KING, the current best PvE-oriented Simulacrum that uses the Scythe of the Crow weapon. To read more such guides, check out our Blog section where we cover the latest happenings at Tower of Fantasy for our community.
To Play Tower of Fantasy on PC, download it from BlueStacks for a smooth experience.