Apex Legends Mobile Reveals Underworld Update Featuring New Character, Game Modes
A few months ago, Apex Legends Mobile was launched by Electronic Arts to provide the popular character-based fast-paced battle royale experience on Android and iOS devices. Recently, the developers revealed that they would release the Underworld update on 29th November 2022, featuring brand new game modes, a new character, events, and multiple updates to make the game more exciting for the players.
Underworld Update: Revenant
The Underworld update introduces the new legend Revenant. Revenant was formerly a human who had the title of the Mercenary Syndicate’s top assassin once upon a time. Later, when his programming failed, he realised that the Mercenary Syndicate and Hammond Robotics had created him. He then pledged to find everyone who had taken advantage of him and wanted revenge. The following are the skills and abilities possessed by Revenant:
- Passive: Stalker – Revenant can crouch-walk faster, and climb higher than his enemies.
- Tactical Ability: Silence – Revenant can throw a device dealing damage and disabling enemy abilities for a short period.
- Ultimate Ability: Death Totem – Revenant can drop a totem that protects everyone who uses it from death for a certain period. Any player killed or downed during that period will be teleported back to the totem alongside their health getting restored to a certain amount when they receive critical damage.
Revenant also features the following perks in Apex Legends Mobile:
- Death Stalker: Crouch-walk speed is increased.
- Nightmare Fuel: Climbing reloads the player’s weapons.
- Creeping Dread: Revenant can climb with horizontal control.
- No Rest For The Wicked: Death Totem grants Stalker to allies.
- Fear Paralysis: Enemies hit by Silence are slowed.
- Zombie Siphon: Under the effect of Death Totem, knocking enemies will regain HP for the player.
- Battle Adaptation: Using the finisher adds 100 points to the EVOShield.
- Deadly Momentum: Using the finisher reduces Ultimates Cooldown by 30%.
- Interrogator: Using the finisher reveals the location of the target’s squad on the mini-map.
The following are the new additions in Apex Legends Mobile brought through the Underworld update:
- Introduction of Underworld Battle Pass with various weapon cosmetics and legendary costumes.
- Introduction of recent events such as – Nightmare Beings, Airdrop Escalation, Second Shot, and New Year’s Kickoff
- Introduction of a new ranked split alongside various Ranked Rewards. The rank will be reset at the start of the upcoming season.
Players can earn new ranked rewards once they reach certain levels. Xsolla also introduces a new storefront called the Apex Legends Mobile Web Store, where players can get incredible deals on Syndicate Gold and other unique bundles.