Lord of Heroes – Dark Mei Ling, Alliance Raid Renewal and New Events
CloverGames have posted the details for the update coming on May 3rd on their official blog website for the popular turn-based RPG Lord of Heroes. Lord of Heroes just had their Second Global Launch for Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macau, Indonesia, and Thailand. They are back to their old schedule to keep the players engaged. Let’s take a look at what’s coming with the update.
This Patch is going to bring with it the release of the much-awaited Dark Mei Ling, the 4-Star Priest hero which was teased at the beginning of the month. Players can finally get to know her skills and her acquisition method. A new Alliance Raid season is also scheduled to start on May 25th with the update. Along with the new season, the Alliance Raid shop will be refreshed as well. Five new events are also coming with the update along with some more changes being done to Alchemy.
New Hero Dark Mei Ling
Players have finally been given the much anticipated Dark Mei Ling hero skills and introduction. Dark Mei Ling is the dark element counterpart of the hero Mei Ling. Her description reads, “Mei Ling has long roamed the world while keeping watch on events as they unfold. Balance must always be maintained, and Mei Ling’s calling is to ensure the scales never tip too much towards either order or chaos.”
Dark Mei Ling is a 4-Star Cleric-type hero which specializes in massive heals and buff removal to increase all allies’ survivability and to keep them healthy. Her 1st ability Safflower Talisman is a single target damage skill that also grants an Immunity buff to Mei Ling for 2 turns. Her 2nd skill Shaman’s Flare is an AOE skill that also heals all allies proportional to her own MAX HP. This skill also provides Shield buff for 2 turns to all allies equal to Mei Ling’s own MAX HP. This skill is highly useful and provides immense utility for major content areas. The base cooldown for this skill is 4 turns but can be reduced to 3 turns if upgraded skills. Her Burst skill Divine Invocation is an AOE damaging skill that also heals all allies proportional to the user’s health as well as removes 1 of the most recent debuff applied from all allies. The cost of this skill is Spirit Cost 4. Dark Mei Ling is a strong cleric/Support unit with high base health and defense. We recommend building her with more Speed and Health for maximum efficiency. Her skill cooldowns are low and with enough turn cycling, she can keep your whole roster alive with consistent heals, shields, and buff removals. She is more suited to be a PvE hero than a PvP hero.
Take a look at Dark Mei Ling’s skills in detail-
Safflower Talisman: Attacks the select enemy. Grants the user an Immunity buff for 2 turns.
Shaman’s Flare: Attacks all enemies. Heals all allies in proportion to the user’s maximum health. Generates a shield for all allies based on the user’s maximum health that lasts for 2 turns.
Divine Invocation: Attacks all enemies. Heals all allies in proportion to the user’s maximum health. Removes 1 of the most recent debuffs applied to them.
Alliance Raid Renewal
The current season of Alliance Raid ends on May 23rd and the new season is starting on May 25th. The new changes coming to Alliance Raid are expected to make players more comfortable in attacking the Raid boss even if it’s at low health. Let’s take a look at some of the upcoming changes made to Alliance Raid:
- Alliance Raid boss’s health is now changed to Infinite health so that players from the same Alliance do not face damage leak when attacking the boss at the same time. Player’s can now comfortably take their own time to play Alliance Raid and expect accurate damage in the rankings.
- The raid boss combat style is also changed, as now each alliance member will battle against an individual Raid boss and not a shared one. The raid boss difficulty will not be shared. The Raid boss will become stronger depending on the damage received.
- Raid bosses now have different attributes and different skills are adjusted and added according to the attribute. Players can face these different attribute Raid bosses on different days of the week. This will allow more room for strategy instead of the Raid boss being a DPS check.
- Finally, the Alliance Raid shop is being updated with some new items like Sigil of Bravery being added to the shop. The developer note also states that some new exclusive heroes might be on the way like Water Nine previously.
New Events – Avillon Event Update
New events are scheduled to start from May 25th which will target the areas and changes coming with the new update. The new events coming to Lord of Heroes are as following:-
- Calamity’s Bane Event
- Vie for Victory Event
- Login Event rework
- AD Gift’s Event
- Daily Battle Training
Calamity’s Bane event is an event where players get rewarded according to the number of times they played Alliance Raid content. This event is scheduled to start from May 25th after maintenance and ends on June 5th, 2021. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows:-
- 2 times played Alliance Raid – 3000 Energy
- 4 times played Alliance Raid – Elixir of Insight x30
- 8 times played Alliance Raid – 30,000 Renown
- 12 times played Alliance Raid – 100,000 Gold
- 16 times played Alliance Raid – 10 Alchemy Tickets
Vie for Victory is another new event coming after maintenance on May 25th and ends on June 21st, 2021. This event rewards the players based on the number of victories in the Coliseum. These victories will only count when achieved as attack and not defense victories. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows:-
- 20 Victories in the Coliseum – Elixir of Insight x50
- 40 Victories in the Coliseum – 50,000 Gold
- 60 Victories in the Coliseum – Crystal x500
- 80 Victories in the Coliseum – Mystic Soulstone x1
- 100 Victories in the Coliseum – 100,000 Renown
The login event is getting reworked as the rewards obtained are being revamped. Only the rewards are being changed and the conditions remain the same. The revamped rewards are as follows:-
- 10 minutes login duration – Elixir of Insight x2
- 20 minutes login duration – Gold x 10,000
- 30 minutes login duration – Elixir of Insight x5
- 40 minutes login duration – Gold x 20,000
- 50 minutes login duration – Elixir of Insight x10
- 60 minutes login duration – Random Replica Chest
Players who have already completed the previous day’s login event can complete the event again after maintenance ends. This revamp will take place after May 25th and is going to continue permanently like before.
The New Ad Gift event is also another new event coming which rewards players according to the number of ads they watch daily. Earlier, this event gave players Temporal Threads when the Boutique was launched. Now, it’s coming again for all players from May 25th and ends on June 21st, 2021. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows:-
- 2 Ads watched – Elixir of Insight x5
- 4 Ads watched – Elixir of Insight x5
- 6 Ads watched – Elixir of Insight x5
- 8 Ads watched – Crystals x50
Daily Battle Training event has started once again and coming for all players from May 25th and ends on June 14th, 2021. This event rewards players according to the number of battles done. The battles can be performed in Story Stages/The Primeval Halls/ Alliance Raid/ Coliseum/ Obelisk. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows:-
- 5 Battles completed – Energy x1000
- 10 Battles completed – Energy x1000
- 15 Battles completed – Energy x1000
- 20 Battles completed – 3,000 Renown
Other Improvements and Changes
- Alchemy Festival is now renamed Alchemy Gift. The duration of this event which was once per month/reset is now changed to infinite times per month/reset. This will incentivize players to do more Alchemy. The new alchemy for Dark Mei Ling is also being added.
- Class equipment [Pierce] has been improved.
– [Previous] 2 Set: Adds attacks 10% that ignores defense
– [Improved] 2 Set: Adds attacks 15% that ignores defense (6 set – 45%)
- Filters/Sorting functions added to the Hero screen.
– Filter functions identical to those of the Battle Preparation screen will be added.
– The sorting criteria will change with the addition of the filter function.
So, that is all for this Patch update. Feel free to read the official notes. Dark Mei Ling is looking to be one of the most wanted characters in the game with her consistent heals and utility. The new changes to Alliance Raid make the content more appealing as well as compelling to complete for the new event. Lord of Heroes is making huge improvements with these consistent updates and events. Share your thoughts with us in the comment section below!
To play Lord of Heroes on PC using keyboard and mouse, get the best experience on BlueStacks.