Lord of Heroes – New Summoning System and Relic System Released
It’s been quite an exciting week for the players of Lord of Heroes, the 3D turn-based RPG title by CloverGames who just saw one of its biggest updates the past week which not only changes the base dynamics of the game but also sees a new system of Summoning. No, Lord of Heroes was always a game that allowed Summoning as that’s the base premise of a gacha game but it did so only for pieces of equipment for heroes. In the latest update, a Summoning system for Heroes has been added which was deemed impossible with the way Lord of Heroes used to release their heroes.
This month’s first update which was released on 3rd March 2022 teased a new Summoning system where players can summon for heroes. This was an instant hype for the community of the game who wanted this system for the turn-based hero collector since the inception of the game’s service. The summoning system does with its own twist though, as we will see further in the article when we explain it in detail. Apart from that, a new Hero Relic system was also introduced to make your heroes more powerful and to match the difficulty of the content that is being released in the future. Lots more to cover so let’s get into the details of this patch.
New Summoning System
The newest Summoning system coming to Lord of Heroes is called the Summon and advertised as a Hero Recruitment system. To understand this new summoning system and the limited pool of heroes available in it, we need to understand the history or how hero collecting is done in Lord of Heroes. Usually, there exist 3 types of ways to obtain heroes in Lord of Heroes:
- Contract Heroes
- Chronicle Free-To-Play Heroes
- Paid Heroes
Contract Summons is the new player-friendly heroes where players form a contract or bond with their selected contract hero. These contract heroes come in different divisions and players choose 1 out of 3 heroes in each division. Players have to further log in every day consecutively to maintain that contract and after a certain amount of time (usually 30 days), players obtain their desired contracted hero. Players also get additional bonus rewards for logging in for their Contract Hero. Players do this 10 times by selecting 2 out of 3 heroes in each of the 5 presented divisions. Hence, a total of 15 contract heroes exist out of which players can get 10. The remaining 5 contract heroes which were desired could not be obtained through other ways. But with the launch of this Summoning system, players can not only recruit the remaining Contract heroes but also summon duplicates of contract heroes which are further used to strengthen them and provide additional stats.
Chronicle Heroes are those heroes which are available to be obtained in a Free to play friendly way by completing various missions or by using the various resources in-game. These resources include the following – Renown, Gold, and Crystal. Heroes are available to be recruited using these resources.
Paid Heroes are those heroes which are available through using real money through paid packages. There is no other way to recruit these heroes other than buying the package. These Paid Heroes come in different rotations.
With the new Summon system, players can get all the Contract Heroes. This means they can summon duplicate heroes. Players can unlock this Summon system after clearing Stage 1-3 of Nibelon Woodlands. This Summoning system can be accessed through the Summon tab at the Citadel.
How Does the Summoning System Work?
The summoning system works in a classic old-fashioned way of using the summoning currency to summon in a banner styled system. Players can select 3 different heroes from the pool of Contract Heroes available and these selected heroes will have a rate-up which means a higher chance to be summoned from the different 5-Star Heroes. Players use a new currency called Link stone to use the Summon system and summon for different heroes and relics.
Linkstone can be obtained from various in-game events, coupon codes, lord level-up rewards, Ad rewards, shop packages, etc. Each summon costs 50 Linkstones and a 10 pull costs 500 Linkstones. Players can view their summoning history by going to the History option where they will have a record of the past summons they have done, up to a maximum of past 200 summons. Players will get a free 10 summons for the first time they enter the Summoning tab and complete the tutorial. Players will also be guaranteed a 5-Star hero in the first 10 summons they do after completing the tutorial.
The rates of summoning a 5-Star hero are only 2.5% while the rest are rates for summoning the 3 different rarities of relics:
- Divine Relics (25%)
- Refined Relics (25%)
- Relics (48%)
Players are guaranteed to get a 5-Star Hero in 90 summons and if they have not gotten a single 5-Star Hero within 89 summons, then they are guaranteed to get it on the 90th summon. This is a great pity system which is a must for every gacha system.
Players will also get a different currency called Linktraces for summoning duplicate heroes and relics. These Linktraces can further be used in the Linkshop. Further, if they summon a duplicate hero they will also receive Spiritus Gem which is used to enhance a hero’s Aptitude or if they summon a duplicate Relic then they will receive more Relic EXP for the relic. If the heroes already have maxed Aptitude or Relics have MAX Level and cannot gain more EXP, then players will get doubled the number of Linktraces than they usually get.
The Linkshop takes into account the use of Linktraces which we get from the summoning system if we get duplicates. Linktraces can be exchanged for lucrative items in the Exchange Shop for them called the Linkshop. The items included and the amount required to get them is as follows:
- Temporal Threads x 100 – Can be redeemed for 200 Linktraces (3 Per Month)
- Crystal x 1500 – Can be redeemed for 100 Linktraces (3 Per Month)
- Fire Lairei’s Relic Chest x 1 – Can be redeemed for 20 Linktraces (5 Per Month)
- Water Krom’s Relic Chest x 1 – Can be redeemed for 20 Linktraces (5 Per Month)
- Earth Lucillicca’s Relic Chest x 1 – Can be redeemed for 20 Linktraces (5 Per Month)
- Fire Alev’s Relic Chest x 1 – Can be redeemed for 20 Linktraces (5 Per Month)
- Water Lumie’s Relic Chest x 1 – Can be redeemed for 20 Linktraces (5 Per Month)
- Earth Walther’s Relic Chest x 1 – Can be redeemed for 20 Linktraces (5 Per Month)
New Hero Relics
Relics are the new exclusive weapons for Heroes. They greatly improve the skill effects of heroes who are equipped with them and come in different rarities with each rarity having different trigger requirements. Players can obtain these Relics from the Summon system or from the Linkshop. The 3 different types of relics available are as follows:
- Regular Relics
- Divine Relics
- Refined Relics
Relics can be equipped to heroes by going to the Citadel ? Heroes tab and selecting the Hero. Players can further enhance these Relics using Relic EXP which they can get by summoning duplicates of the same Relics. This enhances their Tier and the maximum Tier a Relic can reach is Tier 6. As their Tier improves, their skill enhancement effects also increase.
A new way to make your heroes stronger in Lord of Heroes is being added and is called Aptitude. This system is specially designed for Heroes which are available through the summoning system as it relies on summoning duplicate heroes. When players summon a duplicate hero, they will further get 10 Linktraces and a Spiritus Gem.
Spiritus Gem is used for unlocking Hero Aptitude and all heroes can select from Offense, Defense, or Support aptitudes. Don’t worry as players can reset this Aptitude using Gold and will receive any Spiritus Gems they used.
Avillon Event Updates for March 2022 – April 2022
- Energetic Efforts (18th March – 27th March) (Daily Event) is an upcoming event that aims to reward players based on the amount of energy they spend in-game. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 300 Total Energy spent – Gold x 10,000
- 1500 Total Energy spent – Crystal x 20
- 3000 Total Energy spent – Energy x 3000
- 4500 Total Energy spent – Elixir of Insight x 20
- 6000 Total Energy spent – Alchemy Ticket x 1
- Arena Fighters (21st March – 4th April) (Daily Event) is an upcoming event that rewards players based on the number of battles they fought in the Coliseum. It does not matter whether you win or not, only participation is mandatory and required. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows: –
- 2 Battles Fought in the Coliseum – Guardian Rune x 1
- 4 Battles Fought in the Coliseum – Warrior Rune x 1
- 6 Battles Fought in the Coliseum – Striker Rune x 1
- 8 Battles Fought in the Coliseum – Sniper Rune x 1
- 10 Battles Fought in the Coliseum – Cleric Rune x 1
- Obelisk Ascension (17th March – 21st March) (Term Event) is an upcoming event that encourages players to play and fight in the Obelisk every day. The rewards and milestones to get the rewards are as follows:
- 5 Battles completed in Obelisk – Gold x 10,000
- 10 Battles completed in Obelisk – Elixir of Insight x 20
- 15 Battles completed in Obelisk – Sigil of Bravery x 5
- 20 Battles completed in Obelisk – Replica Chest Random x 1
- 30 Battles completed in Obelisk – Renown x 100,000
That covers everything coming with the latest update to Lord of Heroes. Feel free to read the official patch notes for the update for more in-depth bug fixes and such. This was a big change for Lord of Heroes as nobody expected a Hero summoning feature in the game. Share your thoughts with us on these updates in the comment section below!
To play Lord of Heroes on PC using keyboard and mouse, get the best experience on BlueStacks.