All about MARVEL Strike Force: The Silver Samurai
Marvel Strike Force has recently introduced a new character in the game called “The Silver Samurai.” The new character can be recruited through the “Curse of Muramasa” event, which is set to begin on October 15th at 5:00 PM (PDT).
In this event, players will fight alongside the Silver Samurai and Wolverine, trying to prevent an alternate Earth’s Weapon X team from misusing the powers of the Black Blade, Muramasa. During the event, players can form a top quad of characters with the limited-time Honorable trait.
The Silver Samurai was first introduced to the public in the issue of Daredevil #111 (July 1974). As the name suggests, the Silver Samurai wears silver armor for protection and uses a katana to battle his enemies.
The Silver Samurai or Keniuchuio Harada is the mutant son of Lord Shingen, a former Japanese crime lord. Throughout his childhood, Harada grew up training in the ways of the medieval Samurai with a katana as his weapon of choice. Harada’s mutation allows him to create a tachyon energy field from within his body, then that energy is focused and unleashed through his katana.
- Silver Samurai has 7 traits for the players to explore; Villain, Global, Mutant, Protector, Honorable, War Ready, and Weapon X.
- He is a stout Protector with solid Health and Armor, which is then further enhanced by an Armor boost in his Passive ability, “Way of the Blade.”
- He protects allies with Taunt, Barrier, and Defense Up, not to mention all of Silver Samurai’s abilities are Piercing attacks that also apply Heal Block.
- Silver Samurai’s charge mechanic can be used to remove negative effects from himself and power up his Ultimate ability, the Bushido Barrage.
- In Turn, he clears (and loses) one negative effect per Charge, while his Ultimate Ability gains a Bonus Attack per Charge.
- Silver Samurai himself gains a bonus Assist chance for each Weapon X ally, increasing his attack potency. The Weapon X team gains increased Armor in all game modes and additional Resistance in Alliance War.
Silver Samurai Skills And Abilities
Basic – Tachyon Slash
- Transfer 1 Counter from primary target to self.
- Attack primary target for 250% Piercing.
- Gain +1 Counter, up to a maximum of 5.
- The attack gains 300% Extra Focus.
Special – Executioner Slice
- Energy Cost: 3/3
- Gain Taunt for 2 turns.
- Gain +3 Counter and +3 Deflect, up to a maximum of 5 each.
- Apply Defense Up for 2 turns to self and all Weapon X allies.
- Barrier self and Weapon X allies for 20% of this character’s Max Health.
- Flip Counter on the primary and adjacent targets.
- Attack primary and adjacent targets for 250% Piercing + apply Offense Down.
Ultimate – Bushido Barrage
- Energy Cost: 4/4
- Attack primary target for 200% Piercing + apply Stun.
- If Charged, Bonus Attack primary target for 200% Piercing.
- Gain +1 Bonus Attack for each Charged, up to a maximum of 5 Bonus attacks, then remove Charged.
- Gain 1000% Extra Focus for this attack.
- Characters killed by this attack cannot be revived.
- This attack is unavoidable and cannot be blocked.
Passive – Way of the Blade
- On Turn, gain +1 Charged, up to a maximum of 5.
- On Turn, if this character has Charged, is not stunned, and has any negative effects, remove 1 negative effect on this character for each Charged and lose 1 Charged for each negative effect cleared.
- On this character’s or any WEAPON X ally’s Turn, Barrier self for 10% of this character’s Max Health.
- On attack, gain +1 Charged, up to a maximum of 5.
- This character applies Heal Block for 2 turns, with 500% Extra Focus on all attacks.
- Gain +40% Armor. Weapon X allies gain +40% Armor.
- Gain +40% Resistance. WEAPON X allies gain +40% Resistance.
- Gain +10% chance to Assist + 10% chance per WEAPON X ally.
- If this character has 4 or more WEAPON X allies, Reduce Assist Chance for all enemies by 25%.
- On Spawn, gain 5 Charged, up to a maximum of 5.
- Gain +40% Piercing per Charged.
- Reduce the Assist Chance of all enemies by 100% instead.
The Silver Samurai is most suited to be a skirmisher because of the +10% assist for each Weapon X ally; that’s a total of +40% if you choose the correct allies. Not to mention all the weapon X allies get an additional +40% Armour and Resistance.
He can also mark enemy targets when countering, allowing the team to do more damage. And the Silver Samurai’s unavoidable Bushido Barrage plays a significant role at higher levels.