Updates

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Posted by: BlueStacks Content Team

A new year marks a new beginning for the 3-year-old turn-based RPG and gacha game RAID: Shadow Legends. Plarium, the developers of RAID: Shadow Legends aim to take a more proactive approach on releasing new champions and bringing new content for players who love PvP. We have seen many improvements with RAID: Shadow Legends in 2021 with the release of new PvE contents like The Doom Tower, New Shadowkin Faction and Faction Crypt, Hydra Clan Boss, and New Quality of Life changes. With the start of the new year 2022, we have a new list of champions which will be added to the game post update on 15th January 2022. 

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

For the list of January champions, we have the following new additions to the roster of RAID: Shadow Legends:

  • Danag Skullreap (Legendary Magic Affinity Champion from Orcs Faction)
  • Jingwon (Legendary Void Affinity Champion from Shadowkin Faction) 
  • Opardin Clanfather (Legendary Magic Affinity Champion from Barbarians Faction)
  • Holsring (Legendary Magic Affinity Champion from The Sacred Order Faction)
  • Kunoichi (Epic Force Affinity Champion from the Shadowkin Faction)
  • Old Ghrukkus (Epic Force Affinity Champion from the Ogryn Tribes Faction)
  • Lady Quilen (Epic Force Affinity Champion from the Banner Lords Faction)
  • Arndulf (Epic Magic Affinity Champion from the Banner Lords Faction)

Danag Skullreap

Danag Skullreap is a new legendary grade Magic affinity Attack based champion from the Orcs Faction. Danag Skullreap is a solid debuffer and attacker who excels at dishing out both AOE and single target damage with the help of skills. He is a champion who depends more on resets and champion kills as he benefits by healing himself equal to 50% of his MAX HP whenever he kills a champion. He is also a menace towards champions from High Elves and Dark Elf factions as he has bonus effects in his abilities when he attacks champions from those factions. 

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Danag Skullreap’s skills: –

Shatter Confidence (Active)

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Each hit has a 30% chance of placing a 60% [Decrease DEF] debuff for 2 turns. The chance increases to 50% if the target is under a [Fear] or [True Fear] debuff.

Bane of Elves (Active)

Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a 50% [Decrease ACC] debuff for 2 turns and a [True Fear] debuff for 1 turn. Champions from the High Elf and Dark Elf Factions cannot resist these debuffs.

Battle Flow (Active)

Attacks 1 enemy. Will ignore [Shield] buffs.

Decreases the cooldown of the [Battle Flow] skill by 2 turns, fills this Champion’s Turn Meter by 30% and places a 30% [Increase C.DMG] buff on this Champion for 2 turns if this attack kills an enemy.

Healthy Grudge (Passive)

Heals this champion by 50% of their MAX HP every time this champion kills an enemy.

Also grants an extra turn every time this champion kills an enemy from the High Elf or Dark Elf Factions.

Jingwon

Jingwon is a legendary grade Void affinity HP-based champion from the Shadowkin Faction. Jingwon is a very niche champion which is borderline titled the “worst void legendary”. He doesn’t bring much to the table except a very weak-hitting AOE targeted damaging spell that has a low chance of inflicting Critical Hit Damage reduction and Accuracy Down debuffs while placing a Strengthen buff on himself. He also can transfer a random debuff with his basic attack. 

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Jingwon’s skills: –

Doom Exchange (Active)

Attacks 1 enemy. Transfers a random debuff from this champion to the target.

Compound Calamity (Active)

Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 75% chance of increasing the duration of 2 random debuffs on the target by 1 turn. Also places a [Block Active Skills] debuff for 1 turn if the target is under a [Decrease ACC] debuff or [Decrease DMG] debuff.

Powerflare (Active)

Attacks all enemies. The first has an 80% chance of placing a 50% [Decrease ACC] debuff for 2 turns. The second hit has an 80% chance of placing a 30% [Decrease C. DMG] debuff for 2 turns. Also places a 25% [Strengthen] buff on this champion for 2 turns.

Unchained (Passive)

Immune to [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], [Stun] and [Petrification] debuffs. Whenever a [Fear], [True Fear], [Freeze], [Provoke], [Sleep], [Stun] and [Petrification] debuff is placed on an ally, removes it and places a [Block Debuffs] buff on that ally for 2 turns.

AURA

Increases Ally HP in all battles by 33%.

Opardin Clanfather

Opardin Clanfather is a Magic Affinity Legendary grade HP-based Champion from the Barbarians Faction. He has a bit of a weak skill set. We are calling it weak because we feel he requires a lot of champions to activate his usability in content and given it’s a legendary grade champion, we wished it had some more of a touch to his kit. Opardin Clanfather is going to be a healer/support for your team and he does with the help of his 2nd ability Rally the tribe which states he will do an AOE targeted damaging attack while healing all allies based on the damage he does with this skill. He’s also the fragment fusion for January so every player has a chance to obtain him for free by completing the fusion event.

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Opardin Clanfather’s skills in detail: –

Paired Hammers [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy 2 times. Each hit has a 50% chance of decreasing the target’s Turn Meter by 5% and a 50% chance of filling this Champion’s Turn Meter by 5%.

Rally the Tribe [ATK]

Attacks all enemies. Heals all allies by 10% of this Champion’s MAX HP. Heals all allies under [Continuous Heal] buffs by 15% instead.

Clan Mentor [ATK]

Removes all [Block Buffs] and [Heal Reduction] debuffs from all allies, then places two 15% [Continuous Heal] buffs on all allies for 2 turns. Also has a 75% chance of removing 1 random debuff from all allies.

Paternal (Passive)

Each time a [Continuous Heal] buff heals an ally, fills that ally’s Turn Meter by 5%. If there are multiple Champions in the team with this Skill, only one will activate.

Holsring

Holsring is a Legendary grade Magic affinity Attack based champion from the Sacred Order faction. Holsring is another one of those champions which are very niche and work specifically against champions who use Hex debuff and enemies who are from Banner Lords or Knight Revenant factions. His basic ability is great as it attacks 2 times and grants him a 50% Increased Attack buff if the hits are critical hits. The rest of his moves are really dependent on Hex debuff but the good thing is he can place Hex debuffs with the help of his 3rd ability Witchfinder. 

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Holsring’s skills in detail: –

Rampant Blows [ATK]

Attacks 2 times at random. Places a 50% [Increase ATK] buff on this champion for 2 turns if this attack is critical.

Overthrow [ATK]

Attacks 3 times at random. Will ignore 25% of DEF against targets under [Hex] debuffs. Will ignore a further 25% of DEF against targets under [Hex] debuffs from the Banner Lord or Knights Revenant Factions.

Witchfinder [ATK]

Attacks 4 times at random. Each hit has a 75% chance of placing a [Hex] debuff for 3 turns. Champions from the Banner Lord and Knights Revenant Factions cannot resist this debuff.

Each hit also has a 75% chance of stealing 25% of the target’s Turn Meter. Steals 50% of the Turn Meter instead if the target is from the Banner Lord or Knights Revenant Factions.

If this champion’s Turn Meter is at 75% or more after the steal, place a [Perfect Veil] buff on this champion for 2 turns.

Hunter’s Guile (Passive)

If this Champion attacks 2 targets under [Hex] debuffs during the same turn, place a [Perfect Veil] buff on this champion for 1 turn. Will not count Counterattacks.

Increases critical damage by 30% while attacking under a [Perfect Veil] buff.

Kunoichi

Kunoichi is an Epic grade Force affinity Defense-based champion from the Shadowkin faction. She is a strong supportive type champion that enhances the survivability of all allies in the team. She does this with the help of Leech debuffs she brings. Allies who attack enemies who are under Leech debuff will heal according to the damage they dealt. She also brings Ally Protection buffs for 2 turns with her 3rd ability Interpose while also increasing her own turn meter by 50%. However, she still feels very average and doesn’t stand out among Epic champions. She might be useful for players in the Shadowkin Faction Crypts now that they have opened.

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Kunoichi’s skills in detail: –

Sever Muscle [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 30% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns.

Poison Piercing [ATK]

Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a [Leech] debuff for 2 turns.

Interpose [ATK]

Places a 50% [Ally Protection] buff on all allies except this Champion for 2 turns. Fills this Champion’s Turn Meter by 50%.

Blooded Grit (Passive)

Places a [Block Damage] buff on this Champion for 1 turn whenever their HP drops below 50%.

Increases critical damage by 30% while attacking under a [Perfect Veil] buff.

Old Ghrukkus

Old Ghrukkus is an Epic grade Force affinity Support champion from the Ogryn Tribes faction. Old Ghrukkus is another weak champion in our opinion as he provides little to no utility as a Support champion when other better alternatives exist. He has a Leech debuff on his basic attack but that is only a single target. His 2nd ability is also a single targeted damaging ability has a low chance of inflicting Speed down debuff and reducing the target’s turn meter by 30%. His 3rd ability Harsh Discipline is an AOE targeted damaging skill that has an 80% chance to inflict Decreased Attack and Heal Reduction debuff. However, this skill is on a 4-turn cooldown which is relatively high. 

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Old Ghrukkus’s skills in detail: –

Beating Staff [ATK]

Attack 1 enemy 3 times. Each hit has a 15% chance of placing a [Leech] debuff for 2 turns.

Toe the Line [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 60% chance of placing a 30% [Decrease SPD] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 40% chance of decreasing the target’s Turn Meter by 30%

Harsh Discipline [ATK]

Attacks all enemies. Has an 80% chance of placing a 50% [Decrease ATK] debuff and a 100% [Heal Reduction] debuff for 2 turns.

AURA

Increases Ally SPD in Dungeons by 24%

Lady Quilen

Lady Quilen is an Epic grade Force affinity Attack based champion from the Banner Lords faction. Lady Quilen is a great Attack based champion which we feel is the best out of the bunch in this new list of champions. She relies on a high critical hit rate as her abilities do bonus things when she lands critical hits. Her 1st ability is a single targeted damaging skill that increases her turn meter by 15% if the attack lands as a critical hit. Her 2nd ability is also a single targeted damaging ability that fills all allies’ turn meter by 30% if this attack kills an enemy champion. Her 3rd ability is an AOE targeted damaging ability that provides Critical Hit Damage buff for 2 turns for allies as well as an Attack buff of 2 turns for allies if this attack lands as a critical hit.

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Lady Quilen’s skills in detail: –

Mistress of Mallets [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy. Fills this Champion’s Turn Meter by 15% if this attack is critical.

Glory Hound [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy. Places an extra hit if this attack is critical. Fills the Turn Meters of all allies by 30% if this attack kills an enemy.

First to Fight [ATK]

Attacks all enemies. Places a 30% [Increase C.DMG] buff on all allies for 2 turns. Also places a 50% [Increase ATK] buff on all allies if this attack is critical.

Arndulf

Arndulf is an Epic grade Magic affinity Defense-based champion from the Banner Lords faction. Arndulf is an average utility-type champion that has a bunch of debuffs for enemies and buffs for allies. He has a 20% chance to Provoke an enemy with his basic ability. His 2nd ability is an AOE targeted damaging ability that also has a 75% chance to inflict Weaken debuff for 2 turns and a 25% chance to inflict a Fear debuff for 2 turns. His 3rd ability is a buffing ability which provides Reflect Damage buff to all allies for 2 turns and a Counterattack buff to only himself for 2 turns. This ability is on a very high cooldown of 5 turns which is very bad.

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

Here is a list of Arndulf’s skills in detail: –

Iron Greatclub [ATK]

Attacks 1 enemy. Has a 20% chance of placing a [Provoke] debuff for 1 turn.

Daunting Violence [ATK]

Attacks all enemies. Has a 75% chance of placing a 25% [Weaken] debuff for 2 turns. Also has a 25% chance of placing a [Fear] debuff for 1 turn.

Wall of Metal [ATK]

Places a 30% [Reflect Damage] buff on all allies for 2 turns. Also places a [Counterattack] buff on this Champion for 2 turns.

RAID: Shadow Legends – New Champions are Coming to Teleria for January 2022

That nearly contains everything you need to know about the array of new champions coming to RAID: Shadow Legends in January 2022. Leave your thoughts below regarding these new champions. To read more such guides, check out our Blog section where we cover the latest happenings at RSL for our lovely community.

Play RAID: Shadow Legends on PC, download it from BlueStacks for a smooth experience.

BlueStacks Roundups

News

Click to Install

Get access to the most comprehensive gaming content in our weekly newsletter.

Play your favorite Android games on PC.