Territe Token and Asterite Token Explained in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds
Welcome aboard fellow players to the fantasy land of Soul Divers where you role-play as the game’s official beta testers in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds , the latest installment in the Ni no Kuni video game series by Level 5 and published globally by Netmarble. The game is an open-world MMORPG that takes place in a fictional world where the players can take up multiple different quests and roam around the world to explore the various aspects of the game. Players can bond with other players, form Kingdoms, and simply participate in content together which leads to more socialization within the game which the MMORPG genre is famous for.
Reminiscent of MMORPGs, the game also offers a wide range of classes to choose from as you start the game from the beginning. The classes, however, have limited customizability and are gender locked according to the class. This is because each class in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds is not a class but a complete character in itself and players can change their outfits but not their overall body features. To get a better understanding of all the classes and their skill sets, players can refer to a class guide for Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds. Players can choose between a set of 5 different classes from this list:
- Witch (Female Ranged Class)
- Destroyer (Male Melee Class)
- Swordsman (Male Melee Class)
- Engineer (Female Ranged Class)
- Rogue (Male Ranged Class)
Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds is also a gacha game where players can summon equipment, costumes, accessories, and familiars. Familiars are cute little monsters that work side by side with the player and can be equipped to the player in the Familiar slots. They possess great battle prowess and help players in their battles with their unique skills and abilities. Each player can possess up to a maximum of 3 familiars. Familiars come in different rarities and elements and are mainly obtained from the gacha system of the game. Players also have an alternative method of getting Familiars, i.e, by hatching familiar eggs. Players can more in-depth details about familiars as well as the best familiars available in-game according to each element in the Familiar Tier List for Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds.
Netmarble had already announced before the release of Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds that the implementation of their newest blockchain technology called Marble X or known as MBX in the official nomenclature was already in the roadmap for the game’s global release. Finally, staying true to their word, Netmarble has started the implementation of 2 new token cryptocurrencies which are derived from the MBX cryptocurrency and are currently available to be collected through completion of different tasks in the game or participating in different PvE and PvP game modes.
In this article, we will be talking about the different topics that might be coming to the player’s mind regarding the cryptocurrencies that are added to the game as well as the much talked about the implementation of NFTs (Non-Fungible Tokens) in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds. The topics that will be covered are as follows:
- What is MBX Cryptocurrency?
- What are Territe Token and Asterite Token?
- How to Earn and Exchange Territe and Asterite?
- How to Link MARBLEX Wallet?
What is MBX Cryptocurrency?
The official White paper of MARBLEX, states the following -” The MBX token is used within the MARBLEX ecosystem where users encounter key ecosystem creators mostly around game tokens and MBX tokens. Key parties are publishers, game developers, and service providers. With the introduction of the MARBLEX token system, to the existing gaming business ecosystem, the role of a service provider was added. Within the game token structure enabled by the service provider, users can experience not only quality content provided by publishers and developers but the token economy based thereon. While playing games, users will have opportunities for profit-generating activities.”
Many companies like Kabam Games, Netmable, Netmarble Neo, Netmarble Monster, Ozys, Klaytn, etc have already partnered with MBX and are implementing cryptocurrencies for many of their game titles with the help of this technology. MARBLEX’s official website lists all of its different affiliations and partnerships they have made along with its future plans and roadmap. Currently, the road map of MBX looks states the following steps:
STEP 1: MBX Token and MARBLEX Playground Launch
STEP 2: MBX Token KLAY Swap Service
STEP 3: A3: Still Alive by Netmarble Update with MBX Technology
STEP 4: Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds by Netmarble Update with MBX Technology
STEP 5: MBX Explorer Service Grand Launch
STEP 6: NFT and Staking Grand Launch
STEP 7: Monster Arena Launch with MBX Technology
STEP 8: DEX 2.0 Update
STEP 9: The King of Fighters: ARENA Launch with MBX Technology
STEP 10: Let’s Get Rich: Meta World Launch with MBX Technology
What are Territe and Asterite Tokens?
In Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds, players can earn Territe and Asterite from the different areas of the game. The two tokens can be classified according to their methods of acquisition:
- Territe Token (PvE based token)
In Netmarble’s official word “Territe Token also called NKT is a utility token existing on the MARBLEX platform. Users can exchange in-game currency from Netmarble Neo’s Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds for Territe tokens and freely distribute them outside the game (store, exchange, sell, purchase).” Territe token is a new cryptocurrency token that can be obtained by completing the various tasks in the game on a daily basis. Territe is the primary resource that is obtained not the token itself. Players can earn Territe by simply playing the game. Other methods to obtain Territe include completing daily tasks, Familiar Adventure mode, or hunting monsters in the Chaos Fields.
- Asterite Token (PvP based token)
In Netmarble’s official word “Asterite Token also called NKA is a utility token existing on the MARBLEX platform. Users can exchange in-game currency from Netmarble Neo’s Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds for Asterite tokens and freely distribute them outside the game (store, exchange, sell, purchase).” Asterite token is also a new cryptocurrency token that can be obtained by completing the various tasks in the game on a daily basis. Asterite is the primary resource that is obtained not the token itself. Players can earn Asterite by playing and participating in the competitive aspects of the game, majorly if they indulge in PvP game modes. More will be discussed in the next section.
How to Earn and Exchange Territe and Asterite?
Territe and Asterite are both the resources that players earn when they participate in the different types of content in-game. They are both not cryptocurrencies but can be exchanged for their respective tokens when the players have linked their wallets to the MBX ecosystem. Firstly, let’s take a brief look at how to earn Territe and Asterite in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds.
Ways to Earn Territe
- Chaos Fields – The Chaos Fields are those areas that have a high concentration of monsters and the player can slay these monsters in order to obtain Territe. Each Chaos Field has a specific level of Territe energy levels and if the particular field you are farming on has a higher level of Territe energy, chances are that you can get more Territe from that Chaos Field. The amount of Territe obtained through such ways is capped according to a daily and weekly limit. This limit can be further increased according to your class grade which entirely depends on your character level.
- Dailies – The Dailies are your daily tasks that reset at the start of a new day in-game. Players earn Territe by simply completing these tasks on a timely daily basis. Some of the Daily missions include – Complete the Fire Temple, Complete the Familiar Adventure, and Complete a Swift Solution.
- Familiar Adventure – Familiar Adventure asks the players to occupy Territe Mining sites in order to secure more Territe for their benefit. Players would require a lot of strong Familiars in order to do so.
Ways to Earn Asterite
- Lava Valley – Take part in the famous 3v3 Arena of Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds in the Lava Valley and get your hands on some valuable Asterite. This PvP game mode asks the player to defeat all opponents and the winner gets Asterite. There’s a catch associated with this though, which is that only the top 10% of players who are ranked on the leader boards of Lava Valley are eligible to get Asterite. Another method to get Asterite is by obtaining the Weekly and Seasonal rewards in the Lava Valley.
- Familiar Arena – The Familiar Arena is a competitive 5v5 Arena game mode where players make a formation of 5 familiars and battle against an opponent which also has a formation of 5 familiars. Players duke it out among each other and the player with the last standing familiar will win the match. In this game mode, players can earn Asterite by obtaining the Weekly and Seasonal rewards as well but only the 10% of players ranked on the leader boards of Familiar Arena will be eligible for Asterite rewards.
Exchanging Territe and Asterite
The exchange methods for both Territe and Asterite remain the same. Players will have to first understand that the Territe and Asterite resources they earn in-game are not the actual cryptocurrency tokens but only the resource through which players can get the tokens. To exchange, players will first have to create and link their Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds account with MBX Wallet and we will tell you how to do so in the next section. For players who have already linked their accounts, simply go to their linked Wallet where they will be able to see the exchange rate for the respective cryptocurrency tokens as well as a certain amount of Exchange Fees associated with it. Players can exchange Territe for Territe Token (NKT) and Asterite for Asterite Token (NKA).
Here are some general rules listed on the official website of Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds:
- Territe and Asterite can be exchanged for tokens.
- A fee may be required to exchange.
- Up to 10 tokens can be exchanged per day.
- The exchanged NKT and NKA will be saved to the MARBLEX Wallet linked with the game account.
- When exchanging tokens for Territe or Asterite, you’ll receive Territe or Asterite according to the [Daily Exchange Rate].
- To exchange tokens for Territe or Asterite, the total amount of Territe or Asterite held after the exchange must be below the maximum limit.
- Token exchange results will be immediately reflected in your character’s owned currency.
Do remember that these exchange rates keep changing day to day and are calculated based on the previous day’s exchange rate. Netmarble mentions that they will inject 1,000,000,000 tokens into the exchange for the first time and if the need arises, they will inject more. Over 67% distribution of these tokens will be through their game services and Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds is going to be a major part of that.
How to Link MARBLEX Wallet?
Here are the steps involved in order to link your MARBLEX wallet to your in-game Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds account:
- Firstly, players can only indulge in the P2E aspect and start trading cryptocurrencies if they play Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds on PC using the PC launcher.
- Once launched, players can go to the Shop menu -> Token Exchange.
- If players have not linked their MARBLEX Wallet, they will be prompted to link and press confirm.
- Players will further need to fill out a form that appears in order to certify that the account holder is registering the account himself and not a third party is involved. Players will be asked about their in-game nickname and their Account Code (PID).
- Players can find their Account Code by going to Settings -> Account -> Account Code (PID).
- Once confirmed, players can sit back, relax and start trading cryptocurrencies on their MARBLEX wallet.
That concludes all the things regarding the tokenomics in Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds. Playing Ni no Kuni: Cross Worlds on a bigger screen of your PC with your keyboard and mouse via BlueStacks for a smooth and optimized gameplay experience is recommended.