Every game has a learning curve to it, whether it’s an FPS, RTS, RPG, or MOBA. Well, this is especially true of battle arenas. However, mobile RPGs, such as Soul Land: Awaken Warsoul, can also take some time to master. Many players make the mistake to think that mobile games are nothing but variations of the point and shoot genre, but this couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, such a mentality will likely see you lose that valuable beginner’s momentum when starting a new game.
Particularly in those instances where there is a noteworthy gap between F2P and P2W players, you’ll want to know all the important aspects of the game before jumping right into it. We’ve been playing the game for less than a couple of days and we already have 3 rank 3 Magisters. Want to know our secret? Well, for one, we’ve been playing Soul Land: Awaken Warsoul on PC with BlueStacks and the progression is phenomenal. Addictively so.
Beginner’s Crash Course in Soul Land
We’ve been playing around with the game for long enough to figure out what’s what. As you get to M3, you’ll be hit by an exponentially larger need for experience. So far, you’ve been flying through levels, but now, things go from lightning-fast to snail slow. As such, we’ve compiled a summary of everything you need to do to always be ahead of everybody else:
1. Daily Activities:
- These are crucial to your progression. Your main goal is to increase your magisters’ levels as much as possible, so do them religiously.
- The 2 Lyceum Trials, 2 Slaughter House, and 1 Free Training are your main source of experience gain. Grinding mobs manually won’t even get close to the output of these events. The higher your level, the more World Bosses and Douluo stages will be unlocked.
- Don’t forget that Hunt mobs drop general skills, valuable pieces of gear, aura shards which you’ll need for your warsouls, and experience. Although we wouldn’t recommend spending diamonds for extra tries, you should exhaust the free entries on a regular basis.
- If you do these, you’ll be able to unlock 4, perhaps even 5 characters by the end of your first weeks’ worth of playing.
- If you haven’t joined a sect (SL’s version of guilds), do it now. The boss raid bestows chest rewards, while the feast and the daily impart give huge amounts of EXP. Isles Clash is also decent from this perspective.
- Optional – Poiseidon Raid, Ranking, and Arena matches. To do Poseidon, you’ll need a full party of players. However, you do get items to improve your warsouls affinity, which will ultimately enhance your CP. Alternatively, PvP will reward you with Honor points which you can then use to purchase Limited Warsouls.
2. Upgrading Warsouls (skills):
- Only those Warsouls that have a star attached to them can be upgraded. To do so, you will need shards and a specific type of soul. It’s also possible to rank them up with the help of skill copies, but these are much harder to come by. Once a starred ability reaches 1400, you will be able to upgrade it to level 2, 3, and so on.
- Each of your characters can have a maximum of 4 Limited Warsouls. However, you can use as many general ones as you desire. We strongly recommend to top off core abilities and leave the rest be. However, there are some universal skills that might be of circumstantial use, such as Cold Blood or Gladiator.
3. Spreading Resources:
- As an F2P player, the best approach to SL is to decide on a good core line-up and then funnel your resources in the two most important characters. We decided to try a DPS and Tank approach. Later on, you might find it necessary to upgrade the rest of your party.
- You can split armor upgrades on your front-liner and weapon upgrades on the damage dealer, since this will give you access to higher tier content much faster. In fact, you only need enough support to keep the core two alive. The rest you can worry about in the endgame.
- Aside from damage mitigation and output, try to think of possible sources for CCs and healing. From this perspective, general abilities are mostly debuff-oriented, so you might want to address this through your line-up.
4. Douluo Progression:
- Last, but definitely not least is the progression through the main storyline. You’ll soon find out that there are two difficulties, normal and hard. Being able to complete these on a regular basis will ultimately give you access to more characters and content.
- The rewards also include those elusive Warsouls Pills which you can use to unlock more skill slots. Sometimes, advancing to the next stage is a matter of strategy. A bit of heal and/or CC can go a long way towards giving you the edge you need to pass the level.
A Matter of Strategy
As you can probably tell by now, your success in Soul Land: Awaken Warsoul depends a lot on your strategy. This is true regardless of whether you’re F2P or P2W. However, the difference will be all the more noticeable if you decided you’re not going to invest money in your playthrough. We didn’t either and we’re having a blast. Sure, the game is kicking our asses more often that we’d like, but where’s the fun in playing an RPG if not in finding new ways to beat the game.
So far, this is our list to the best tips and tricks for Soul Land. With a bit of luck, dedication, and planning, you will be able to rise to the top of the leaderboards on your server and have a lot of fun in both PvE and PvP. If nothing else, the game is worth playing for its intricate storyline.