Vampire Survivors – All Secret Characters and How to Unlock Them
One of the defining aspects of roguelite games in general is the wide variety of play styles and tools available to the players. In this sense, even though the matches often take place in the same maps, no two runs will ever be alike, even when using the same characters. Vampire Survivors is no exception to this, considering that there is a very large roster of unlockable characters to find and recruit.
- Exdash Exiviiq
- Boon Marrabbio
- Avatar Infernas
- Minnah Mannarah
- Cosmo Pavone
- Big Trouser
- Gains Boros
- Mask of the Red Death
With that being said, while most of the base characters in Vampire Survivors are unlocked simply by playing the game regularly for the most part, there is a separate roster of hidden characters, which are obtained through more obscure means. And in this guide, we’re going to go over the entire list of Vampire Survivors hidden characters, as well as the properties of each. Alternatively, if you’re looking for our impressions on how each of these characters compare to each other, feel free to read our Vampire Survivors tier list, which we’ve also posted on our blog.
- Initial Weapon: Ebony Wings.
- Stats: -23 HP, -10% MoveSpeed, -10% Might, -10% Area, -50% Speed, -10% Duration, +10% Cooldown, +100% Luck.
- Growth: +10% Luck every 10 levels until level 50.
- How to Unlock: On the main menu, quickly type “x-x1viiq”. If you’re playing Vampire Survivors on PC with BlueStacks, you will need to temporarily disable keyboard controls to input this sequence, and re-enable them once you’re done.
- Initial Weapon: Peachone.
- Stats: -99 HP, +20% MoveSpeed, -10% Might, -10% Area, -50% Speed, -10% Duration, +10% Cooldown, +100% Luck.
- Growth: +20% Luck every 10 levels until level 100, +9998 HP every 100 levels until level 200, +65520 Armor at level 200.
- How to Unlock: After unlocking Exdash via cheat code, press the down arrow key + Enter when Toastie appears on the bottom of the screen during matches. Toastie appears for a brief moment whenever you defeat the Stalker, the Drowner, or the Trickster.
- Initial Weapon: Vandalier.
- Stats: Starts with 7 HP, +20% MoveSpeed, -10% Might, -10% Area, -50% Speed, -10% Duration, +10% Cooldown, +100% Luck.
- Growth: +0.01 Recovery, +0.7% Might, Area, Speed, and Duration, -0.25% Cooldown, and +1% Luck every level.
- How to Unlock: After unlocking Exdash and Toastie, type “spam” in the main menu, which will start a hidden 30-second timer. Afterward, type “spam” on the character selection menu, and then type it again in the stage selection. Once in the game, type “humbug”. Smith will be available to choose on the next run.
- Initial Weapon: Random.
- Stats: Random.
- Growth: Every level, a random stat increases by a small amount.
- How to Unlock: Open any previously-opened coffin for a second time.
- Initial Weapon: Thousand Edge.
- Stats: +20 HP, +30% MoveSpeed, +20% Might, -80% Greed, +10% Curse, -110% Speed.
- Growth: N/A.
- How to Unlock: Purchase for at least 666g after you complete the following conditions:
- Collect 100 Floor Chickens over the course of the game.
- Obtain the Yellow Sign.
- Enter the Mad Forest and pick up the Skull O’ Maniac and Pummarola Stage items either by picking them up, or through any other means.
- Once these conditions are met, Pies will spawn and start leading you to a specific area of the map.
- When you reach your destination, a shadowy entity will appear and start attacking.
- After you defeat the enemy, a jingle will sound and Boon will be unlockable from the next run onwards.
- Initial Weapon: Flames of Misspell.
- Stats: +60 HP, +50% Might, +50% Luck, +100% Magnet, +1 Revival, +10 Reroll.
- Growth: +0.5% Curse, +0.5% Might, +2% MoveSpeed, -0.25% Cooldown every level.
- How to Unlock: One of the most challenging characters to unlock. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown:
- Defeat the Directer in Eudaimonia Machine.
- Travel to the Inlaid Library in Inverse Mode using the Gracia Mirror Relic.
- In the Library, you have to find and obtain the Peachone and Ebony Wings weapons.
- Once acquired, travel west until you find the Trickster enemy sitting in front of a piano, which you must slay.
- Once defeated, interact with the piano and press the keys in the order indicated by your flying weapons.
- After inputting the command, the library will go dark and you’ll be attacked by creatures from the darkness.
- During this assault, the player must explore the map and find nine coffins.
- After interacting with the nine coffins, the library will light up and the Avatar will spawn as the final boss.
- Once defeated, the Avatar will be available for purchase for at least 666g.
- Initial Weapon: Bloody Tear.
- Stats: +50 HP, +0.5 Recovery, -70% Might. Her stats change every minute, with Might, Projectile Speed, Duration, Area, and Cooldown alternating in a cycle, while Duration, Area and Cooldown are multiplied by two, and Might and Projectile Speed are divided by 2, and vice versa.
- Growth: +10% Might every 3 levels until level 21.
- How to Unlock: Complete the following steps to unlock:
- Obtain the Yellow Sign
- Go to the Dairy Plant and pick up the Cheese.
- Once picked up, seven werewolf enemies will spawn, and defeating them will unlock the character for purchase.
- Purchase Minnah for at least 666g.
- Initial Weapon: Holy Wand.
- Stats: +5 Armor, -20% MoveSpeed, +100% Might, +10% Area, -10% Cooldown, -80% Greed.
- Growth: N/A.
- How to Unlock: Defeat her in the Gallo Tower by traveling south until the stage is completely dark and the music fades away. Once defeated, she will be available for purchase for at least 666g.
- Initial Weapon: Peachone + Ebony Wings.
- Stats: Starts with 20 HP, +1 Recovery, +20% Luck, +30% MoveSpeed, +1 Revival.
- Growth: +1 Recovery and Luck every level, and +1 Revival every 100 levels.
- How to Unlock: Unlock Cosmo by following these steps:
- Before attempting to unlock this character, ensure that you have at least found the Yellow Sign and have unlocked Zi’Assunta Belpaese.
- Enter Cappella Magna while carrying 0 eggs.
- In the Cappella, collect Peachone and Ebony Wings.
- Once obtained, walk north beyond the Crown and Tiragisú, and pick up the Nduja Fritta Tanto by a balcony.
- If all the previous conditions have been met, Cosmo will spawn on the balcony and the player can collect him.
- Once unlocked, Cosmo can be purchased for at least 666g.
- Initial Weapon: Soul Eater.
- Stats: Starts with 20 HP, +2 Armor, -60% Area, +100% Magnet, and -100% MoveSpeed.
- Growth: +10% Area on level 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, and 21.
- How to Unlock: Use Celestial Dusting to attack the plants in Il Molise, which will heal them instead. After healing 100,000 HP, Peppino will be unlocked for purchase for at least 666g.
- Initial Weapon: Candybox
- Stats: N/A.
- Growth: +1% Greed every level.
- How to Unlock: Collect all 16 stage items in Moongolow and raise them all to max level. Big Trouser will become available for purchase after leaving the stage manually upon upgrading the final item. It is necessary to quit the game manually upon meeting these conditions, since exiting via death will destroy the Tiragisú, voiding your progression. Once finished, Big Trouser will be available for purchasing for at least 5,000g.
- Initial Weapon: Axe and Death Spiral
- Stats: Random.
- Growth: N/A.
- How to Unlock: After obtaining the Yellow Sign, the player must enter Green Acres with Hyper Mode and Hurry Mode enabled. After heading south 18 tilesets and west 18 tilesets, the area will change dramatically, which will prompt giant winged eyes to spawn. Killing 128 of these enemies will unlock missingN▯ for purchase.
- Initial Weapon: Heaven Sword
- Stats: N/A.
- Growth: +2% Growth every level.
- How to Unlock: In The Bone Zone, travel north from the spawn until you reach a ring of flowers that heals you when you’re standing on it. If you stand here for at least 10 seconds, a jingle will play, indicating that Gains is now available for purchase for at least 666g.
- Initial Weapon: Bracelet.
- Stats: Starts with 300 HP, +30% Might, +2 Revivals.
- Growth: +1% Curse every level.
- How to Unlock: Survive for at least 15 minutes in Boss Rash while wielding only one weapon. Once unlocked, Gyorunton can be purchased for at least 5,000g.
Mask of the Red Death
- Initial Weapon: Death Spiral.
- Stats: +100% MoveSpeed, 255 Max HP, +20% Might.
- Growth: N/A.
- How to Unlock: After killing Death, you can purchase this character for at least 666g.
- Initial Weapon: Lightning Ring.
- Stats: 108 Max HP, -20% moveSpeed, +20% Area.
- Growth: Gains an extra Lightning Ring every 8 levels until level 40. These rings don’t take up weapon slots and level up every 12 levels until level 84.
- How to Unlock: On the Tiny Bridge map, walk about 20 tilesets to the right of the spawn to find Scorej-Oni as an enemy. Defeating him will unlock him for purchasing for at least 5,000g.
It’s pretty apparent, judging from how to unlock a lot of these hidden Vampire Survivors characters, that they’re meant to be completely separate from the base heroes, which are usually unlocked simply by playing the game regularly. Nevertheless, these hidden characters are some of the most diverse in terms of gameplay, giving much more variety to an already massive roguelite game.
What’s your favorite hidden character in Vampire Survivors? Let us know what you think in the comments below!