Azur Lane is Adding a New Event — Call to Arms: Iron Blood and Rerun Events to Celebrate the Holiday Season
This update has added Christmas themes all over the game — from the background music up to the theme of the Academy itself. The Permanent Mini-events tab will have some old Christmas-themed events being added to it.
This game is about battleships but instead of playing actual battleships, you are going to play with anime waifus. That sounds like a weird combination but it’s also unique — hear us out first! If you have not tried to play this unique game of ships yet, you can play the game straight to your PC. You can read our blog on how to install and register for Azur Lane on PC here.
Call to Arms: Iron Blood
This event is a minor one and is the first phase of an upcoming bigger event. You can get a chance to unlock a limited chat frame if you participate in this event. These ships will have a 20% EXP gain during this event:
- Heavy Cruiser Prinz Eugen
- Submarine U-47
- Aircraft Carrier Peter Strasser
- Battleship Tirpitz
You can unlock the limited Chat Frame by completing some tasks, every task you complete will give you points and you can then obtain the limited Chat Frame once you reach 2,800 points in total. Here are the tasks and the points they gave to be able to unlock the Chat Frame in this event:
- Obtain the battleship Ulrich von Hutten to get 800 Points.
- Fully Limit Break Prinz Adalbert to get 600 Points.
- Fully Limit Break Magdeburg to get 600 Points.
- Fully Limit Break Elbe to get 400 Points.
- Fully Limit Break U-1206 to get 400 Points.
You can get exactly 2,800 points if you manage to complete all these tasks in order to unlock the limited Chat Frame.
Blueprint Completion Plan – Kitakaze
You can obtain the Kitakaze Strengthening Units during this event. You can then use these Strengthening Units to increase the character’s stats once you have finished developing here in the shipyard.
You can obtain a total of 30 Kitakaze Strengthening Units blueprints during this event.
Enchanting Snowy Night
This event is a rerun one. You can obtain the limited Christmas skin, Charmer in the Snowy Reflection for the character Marblehead. You can unlock a total of 7 tiers based on how many enemies you have defeated in total during this event to be able to unlock the limited skin.
Defeat a total of 1,500 enemies in the campaign sortie to get to the highest tier. Here are the tiers and rewards that you can get each day:
- You can get 100 Coins when you defeat a total of 100 enemies on day 1.
- You can get 5 times Tier 3 General Part when you defeat a total of 250 enemies on day 2.
- You can get 300 Coins when you defeat a total of 400 enemies on day 3.
- You can get 5 times T3 General Part when you defeat a total of 600 enemies on day 4.
- You can get 500 Coins when you defeat a total of 850 enemies on day 5.
- You can get 10 times T3 General Part when you defeat a total of 1,150 enemies on day 6.
- You can get the Charmer in the Snowy Reflection skin when you defeat a total of 1,500 enemies on day 7.
New Permanent Mini-Events
Three Christmas-themed events are getting added back in the Permanent Mini-Events tab. This is where new players who did not have the chance to play these events previously to be able to experience the events and get the rewards from them. You can only activate one of these events at a time and you can even get the limited rewards that were given in the event before it was gone. Here are the events that got added back:
- Holiday Special
- Holy Night of Love and Peace
- Operation: Christmas!
Construction Pool Update – some limited characters are getting added to the construction pool permanently, these are the characters that getting added:
- Bismarck is getting added to the Heavy Construction Pool
- King George V is getting added to the Heavy Construction Pool
- U-96 is getting added to the Special Construction Pool
- U-556 is getting added to the Special Construction Pool
- U-73 is getting added to the Special Construction Pool
Brand New and Rerun Skins
Brand new and rerun Christmas-themed skins are being added to the game. Here are the skins that are going to be available in a limited time:
Brand New Skins
- Suruga – Uneventful Holiday Greetings
- Akatsuki – Santa’s Lost Helper!
- Minneapolis – Holy Night Ride
- Yuudachi – Woofy Floofy Christmas Night
- Cooper – Heartwarming Holiday Hearth
- Saratoga – Silent Night Songstress
- Jenkins – Light of the Holiest Star
- Hammann – Holy Night Surprise!
- Neptune – Princess of the Reindeers
- Seattle – Christmas Party Prep!
- Agano – Christmas Eve Tease
- Concord – Sweet☆Christmas
- Dewey – A Christmas Thank-You
- Isuzu – Cozy Christmas Eve
- Kiyonami – Festive Riding Hood?
Merit Shop Update
Some characters are going to be available to purchase on the Merit Shop. Here are the characters that have been added:
- King George V
Brand new and rerun Christmas-themed furniture are also getting added to the game. The new one will be only available from December 23rd until January 12th 2022.
Here is the furniture that is going to be available:
Brand New Furniture
- A Christmas Surprise
- Cozy Christmas
- Fairytale Town
General System Optimizations
- A Christmas theme background has been added to the Academy.
- Naval Curry has been changed to Candy Cane.
- The main menu background music has been changed to a Christmas theme.
- You can now purchase Catbox and Training acceleration multiple times in a single click.
- Fixed the issue that Ryuuhou’s Dancing Waves skill occasionally recovers submarine fleet’s HP twice.
- Fixed the issue that Lighthouse does not work in the clearing mode of Chapter 14 stages.
Are you an old player and have played these events before? Or are you a new one? Let us know in the comments below!