Azur Lane: Lunar New Year 2022 and Brand New Events
You can get a chance to select one of the limited characters for free if you participate in the Happy Lunar New Year 2022 event. There’s also a cross-server event where you can battle a world boss along with other players in your server and collect points to compete against other players from other servers.
The previous patch consisted only of rerun events so we can assume that the developers are going to drop a lot of brand new ones in the next one. You can read more about the previous patch here.
Happy Lunar New Year 2022
All the minigames in the Happy Lunar New Year 2022 are going to be located at the Spring Pavilion campaign tab. There are going to be a total of five minigame events, an outfit store and an exclusive construction store. Here are the minigames that you can play in this event:
Fu Shun’s Great Adventure III – take control of Fu Shun and help her avoid obstacles and pitfalls while defeating enemies to rack up points.
Here’s how you can play the minigame:
- Tap the button on the bottom left of the screen to jump.
- Tap the button on the bottom right of the screen to attack.
- Coming in contact with a Nianjuu will hurt you for 1 health point.
- Fall off or use the end game button to finish the game when you run out of health points.
- You may come across useful items as you play through the minigame.
- A coin is worth 100 points.
- An amulet is worth 600 points.
- A power juice will increase your movement speed and jump heights allowing you to defeat more Nianjuus.
- A missile will upgrade your attack into a missile strike.
- A magnet attracts nearby items so you don’t have to get in contact with them directly to get them.
- Clearing all 7 stages will give you an elite character Fu Shun.
World Within the Painting – you can play this minigame by earning exploration points and landmark points through completing missions, then spend them within the minigame to progress. Spending all available exploration points will award you with the new shipgirl Hai Chi while spending all available landmark points will award you with another new shipgirl, Hai Tien. here are the missions that you can get everyday:
- Day 1 – Exploration Points – Sortie and Obtain 10 Perfect Victories
Landmark Points – Enhance gear 2 times
- Day 2 – Exploration Points – Conduct 2 Exercises
Landmark Points – Complete 2 Commissions.
- Day 3 – Exploration Points – Retire 2 ships
Landmark Points – Complete 3 Daily Challenges
- Day 4 – Exploration Points – Enhance ships 5 times
Landmark Points – Conduct tactical training 2 times
- Day 5 – Exploration Points – Resupply the Dorm with Snacks 5 times
Landmark Points – Defeat 20 enemies
- Day 6 – Exploration Points – Build 2 ships
Landmark Points – Open a Tech Box
- Day 7 – Exploration Points – Sortie and defeat 3 Boss Fleets
Landmark Points – Conduct tactical training 2 times
Drawing Book – you can get the limited elite character An Shan if you manage to complete all pages in this minigame.
Here’s how you can play this minigame:
- Fill in an uncolored square, first select the color of the paint with the corresponding number then simply tap the square.
- You can zoom in on the drawing area by doing a pinch gesture.
- Complete oil spend milestone missions to get more paint if you run out.
- Every square costs 1 paint to fill in. adjacent squares of the same color will automatically be filled in until there are no more adjacent squares of the same color or until you run out of the specified paint.
You can also get rewards every time you fully color a page. Here are the rewards that you can get:
- Page 1 – 2 random T3 Skill Books
- Page 2 – 1 Red Envelope
- Page 3 – 2 T3 Main Gun Parts
- Page 4 – 1 Red Envelope
- Page 5 – 3 T3 General Parts
- Page 6 – 1 Red Envelope
- Page 7 Elite An Shan Class destroyer
A New Era, A New Power – you can unlock the retrofit items for Chang Chun and An Shan if you complete all the missions in this event. There are going to be two missions per day.
Here are the missions that you need to complete and the rewards in this event:
- Log in once then sortie and defeat 3 boss fleets on day 1.
- Enhance ships 5 times and retire 2 ships on day 2.
- Conduct tactical training 2 times and resupply the dorm with snacks 5 times on day 3.
- Defeat 20 enemies and build 2 ships in day 4.
- Open a tech box and enhance ships 5 times on day 5.
- Complete 2 commissions and resupply the dorm with snacks 5 times on day 6.
- Enhance gear 2 times then sortie and obtain 10 perfect victories on day 7.
Manjuu Resort – you can visit the Manjuu Resort to open the Red Envelopes that you have collected all throughout the event minigames. Opening red envelopes will grant you a number of randomly chosen rewards. Your first 15 envelopes are Special Red Envelopes and will yield better rewards than regular red envelopes. You can get a skin for U-73 as a bonus reward after opening 25 envelopes in total.
Here are the randomly chosen rewards you can get:
- Wisdom Cube
- Random T3 Skill Book
- Royal Gourmet
- Random T2 Retrofit Blueprint
- A random amount of gems and coins
Outfit Store – here is the new list of skins that will be available during the duration of this event:
- Akagi – Dawn-Phoenix’s Summons
- Charybdis – Red Chamber of Healing
- Bristol – Tales from the Empery
- Hermione – Pristine Herbalist
- Kaga – Dusk-Simurgh’s Vigil
- Reno – Spring’s Inspiration
- Arizona – Enchantress from Afar
- Ayanami – Dynasty Shipgirl
- Chen Hai – Vestibule of Wonders
- Hai Chi – A Dance Among the Lotuses
- Hai Tien – Verse-Weaver at the Water’s Edge
- Hanazuki – Blossoming Spring, Resplendent Moon
- Naganami – Nestling Up for the Long Nights
- Rodney – Immaculate Beauty
- U-73 – New Year’s Chemistry
- Yoizuki – Firecrackers and Steamed Buns
- Asashio – Robes of Dancing Clouds
- Oite – Jet Ink, Silver Quills
- Pennsylvania – The Keystone General
Spring Festival Invitation – you can choose a character to be added to your party for free if you manage to collect a total of 1000 points or empery knots in this event by completing tasks. Here are the tasks that you can complete:
- Login once to get a bonus ticket and rental outfit voucher.
- Sortie and clear non-event hard mode map to get a bonus ticket.
- Sortie and clear 3 non-event hard mode map to get another bonus ticket.
- Sortie and clear 5 stages of any difficulty in the “an exercise gone wrong” event to get another bonus ticket.
- Sortie and clear 10 stages of any difficulty in the “an exercise gone wrong” event to get another bonus ticket.
- Build 20 ships to get 200 Empery Knots.
- Sortie and obtain 10 victories to get 60 Empery Knots.
- Complete 10 commissions to get 50 Empery Knots.
- Spend a total of 2,500 oil to get 40 Empery Knots.
- Spend a total of 500 oils to get 150 pigment A, 100 pigment C and 60 pigment F.
Here are the characters that you can choose from after you accumulate a total of 1000 points:
- Ning Hai
- Ping Hai
Joint Battle Mystery Investigation or An Exercise Gone Slightly Wrong – earn points for your server by completing tasks. This event has four difficulties: easy, normal, hard and EX. The Ex difficulty will need a special pass for you to be able to get access. Here’s how many points you can get in each difficulty:
- Easy – 30 Contribution points
- Normal – 70 Contribution points
- Hard – 120 Contribution points
- EX – 200 Contribution points
You can also get rewards depending on how many Contribution points you have contributed overall. Here are the rewards that you can get:
- 400 points – 3x T1 Random Skill Book
- 600 points – 533mm Quintuple Torpedo Mount Mk 17 Design
- 800 points – 50x Cognitive Chips
- 1000 points – 2x 533mm Quintuple Torpedo Mount Mk 17 Design
- 1500 points – 100x Cognitive Chips
- 2000 points – 200x Oil
- 2500 points – 1x Elite Cat Box
- 3000 points – 3x 533mm Quintuple Torpedo Mount Mk 17 Design
- 3500 points – 1000x Coins
- 4000 points – 1x FBA 19
- 5000 points – 4x 533mm Quintuple Torpedo Mount Mk 17 Design
- 6000 points – 5x T4 Universal Gear Parts
- 7000 points – 3x T3 Random Skill Book
- 8000 points – 1x Super Rare Cat Box
- 9000 points – 1x FBA 19
- 10000 points – 1x Special Strengthening Unit S4
- 14000 points – 5x 533mm Quintuple Torpedo Mount Mk 17 Design
- 18000 points – 5x T4 Universal Gear Parts
- 24000 points – 5x 533mm Quintuple Torpedo Mount Mk 17 Design
- 30000 points – 700x Core Data
- 38000 points – 10x T4 Universal Gear Parts
- 38000 points – 2x Special Strengthening Unit S4
- 60000 points – 1x Random T5 Tech Pack
Bulin Support Plan
You can get a free character Specialized Bulin Custom MKIII if you complete all the special missions and collect specialized cores to be exchanged at the prototype shop. Here are the missions that you need to complete.
To get 100 specialized cores:
- Clear 9 hard mode stages
- Get any DD to level 90
- Get any CV or CVL to level 90
- Get any CA or CL to level 90
- Get any BB or BC to level 90
- Clear the fierce assault daily 9 times
- Clear the advance mission daily 9 times
- Win 35 exercises
- Conduct research 10 times
- Complete 30 commissions
To get 200 specialized cores:
- Build 30 ships
- Clear 6-4 campaign
- Train 100 Meowfficers
To get 300 specialized cores:
- Win 1 battle with a universal Bulin or Prototype Bulin MKIII in the fleet
Ying Swei’s Spring Travels – Tap the button on the right side of the screen to explore once. Every 5 times you explore you will earn a red envelope as a special bonus. You will get a light cruiser Ying Swei’s limited outfit the Snowy Pine’s Warmth after exploring 35 times. Random events may occur during this event that gives you a random amount of items. Here are the items that you can randomly get during this rerun event:
- 100, 1000 or 2000 coins
- 10, 50, or 100 oils
- 10, 50, or 100 cognitive chips
- 1 or 5 cat box elite
- 1 catbox super rare
- 2, 8 or 20 Random T3 books
- 3, 6 or 10 T2 Mystery Retrofit Blueprint
- 2,4 or 6 T3 Mystery Retrofit Blueprint
- 1 quick finisher
Rerun Skins – these rerun skins are going to be available for a short duration:
- Bremerton – Kung Fu Cruiser
- Cheshire – Cait Sith Crooner
- Gloriou – Pungent Plum
- La Galissonnière – Lush Spring Dreams
- Essex – Brush and Ink
- Noshiro – Fragrance of the Eastern Snow
- Queen Elizabeth – Crown Jewel of the Royal Navy
- Saint Louis – Alluring Administrator
- Victorious – Guidance of the Spring Goddess
- Z46 – Jianzhi Fantasia
- Birmingham – Fruitful Snow of an Auspicious Year
- Chao Ho – Plum Blossom’s Ilumination
- Glowworm – Jokey Adjudicatorv
- I-25 – Sweet Wine of Celebration
- Kirishima – Graceful Ink Incense
- Penelope – Ruby-Red Boudoir
- Saratoga – Spring’s Opening Act!
- U-410 – Spring Festival Scheme
- Ying Swei – Snowy Pine’s Warmth
- Ooshio – Bringer of Fortunes
Available Permanently Skins – these skins are going to be available permanently in the shop. You can buy these using gems:
- Azuma – Soft Voice of Spring
- Taihou – Phoenix’s Spring Song
- Yukikaze – Winter’s Snowy Wind
- Ibuki – Arrival of Spring
- Illustrious – Maiden Lily’s Radiance
- Sirius – Azure Horizons
- Swiftsure – Beauty of White Jade
- Biloxi – Dapper Gangstress
- Black Prince – Fair Maid Spring
- Deutschland – Lantern-Lit Rule
- Gloucester – Brilliance in Purple
- Hiei – Fragrant Red Plum
- Ning Hai – Springtime Sojourn
- Ping Hai – Great Gourmet Expedition
- Scharnhorst – Panther und Pflaume
- Halsey Powel – Spring’s Lucky Star
This game is about battleships but instead of playing actual battleships, you are going to play with anime waifus. That sounds like a weird combination but it’s also unique — hear us out first! If you have not tried to play this unique game of ships yet, you can play the game straight to your PC. You can read our blog on how to install and register for Azur Lane on PC here.
Players are surely rejoicing by the number of events that they can play during the lunar new year. How many Red Envelopes have you opened yet? Let us know in the comments below!