Call of Antia – New Hero Crowley, Spirit of the Sea Battle Pass and More in Update 1.6.200
Innovations are scarce in a basic Match 3 RPG stylized game like Call of Antia but the developers at FunPlus International continue releasing new ground-breaking updates for the ever-growing game by adding new heroes, new content, and listening to the community of over 10 million active players playing Call of Antia. The free-to-play title is available to be downloaded on both Google Play Store and iOS App Store. The newest update for the game, titled “Update 1.6.200 “ is the second patch of the month. The update is scheduled to release today, 21st July, at midnight UTC. During the update time, players will be kicked out of the game for maintenance purposes.
It has become a tradition for the developers to release at least 1 new hero with every update. For update 1.6.200, the new hero is going to be Crowley. Players can see the preview video for Crowley on the game’s official YouTube channel. Players can summon Crowley on the “Return to the Fold” summoning banner using their Tears of Ancestors or Gems. Additionally, a new game mode called Alliance Intruder is also released for the mid-end game players. New Battle Pass for the summer season titled “Spirit of the Sea” and a login event that spans over 7 days are among the highlights of this update. Let’s take a brief look at all the new content and changes that were made to Call of Antia with Update 1.6.200.
Spirit of the Sea Battle Pass
One of the best ways to provide rewards to the player while also giving them objectives to complete by playing the game is the Battle Pass in Call of Antia. These Battle Passes are usually released every month. The Battle passes in Call of Antia are divided into 40 different levels with each level requiring a different type of experience called Battle Pass Experience. Players need 1000 BP to be able to complete 1 level of the Battle Pass.
The BP system empowers even new players who have just joined the game to be able to reap the benefits of the Battle Pass. Players can also purchase BP using their collected Gems at the cost of 100 Gems to advance 1 level in the Battle Pass. Players can accumulate more BP by completing different types of seasonal and daily missions. The Battle Pass has 2 types of rewards:
- Free Rewards
- Premium Rewards
Free Rewards are those rewards that are available to the player regardless of whether they purchased the Battle Pass or not. These rewards can also be claimed by players who have purchased the premium version of the Battle Pass. Players can complete the daily missions which reset every 24 hours as well as the Seasonal Missions which remain for the entire duration of the Battle Pass to climb up the levels and obtain the Free rewards. Meanwhile, the premium rewards are available to players who have purchased the Battle Pass using real money. Some of the rewards obtained from the Easter Egg Battle Pass are as follows:
- Gold x 10,000
- Gem x 100
- Honor Token x 1500
- Tears of Ancestors
- Dragon Crystal
- EXP Potions
- Naya Crystal
- Drago’s Shard
- Fyro’s Shard
- Cupid’s Arrow
- Holy Naya Crystal
- Glacior’s Shard
- Epic Naya Crystal
- Rebecca’s Gift
- Loot Tickets
- High-level equipment
Return to the Fold – Crowley, Katlyn, and Jacob
The heroes that are being featured in the new Return to the Fold summoning banner are Crowley, Katlyn, and Jacob. Out of the 3 heroes, only Crowley is a 5-Star hero whereas Katlyn and Jacob are 4-Star heroes. Players can summon them on the limited Return to the Fold banner which will feature these 3 new heroes at a drop rate-up. Crowley is the newest hero being added to the game. The rates remain the same for the base rarity units but players will have a higher chance of obtaining the 3 new heroes if they summon a 5-Star/4-Star unit.
Crowley is a 5-Star DPS/Attacker unit that has a high base Attack of 1253 and a high base HP of 1822. Her special ability Holy Blade is a multi-targeted damaging ability that attacks the enemies 5 times and marks them. Crowley again attacks 5 times to deal 616% of attack damage and if these additional attacks hit the marked enemies, they take 25% extra damage. Let’s take a look at Crowley’s skill and exclusive weapon effect in detail:
Holy Blade – Attacks the enemy to mark them, then attacks multiple random enemies and deals damage to them. If the random attacks hit the marked target, then the damage dealt by this attack is increased.
Bloodthirsty Mark (Exclusive Weapon) – Increases Critical Chance by 25% (for Crowley, 50%) for 3 turns when using skills.
Katlyn is a 4-Star Purple elemental Healer/Support who has a low base attack of 745 but a high base HP of 1419. Her special ability Blood Medicine is a multi-targeted healing ability. Let’s take a look at Katlyn’s skill and exclusive weapon effect in detail:
Blood Medicine – Restores health to allies in the amount of 30% of the caster’s maximum health and increases the theft of life to all purple allies (including the caster) by 25% on 3 moves.
Level 2: Healing power +2%
Level 3: Healing power +2%
Level 4: Healing power +2%
Level 5: Healing power +2%
Level 6: Healing power +2%
Level 7: Healing power +2%
Sewing Needle (Exclusive Weapon) – When dealing damage to a weak element, restores the owner’s health by 13% (for Kathleen – 25%).
Jacob is a 4-Star Yellow elemental damage dealer and debuff remover unit with a low base attack of 735, high base HP of 1455, and average base Defense of 784. His special ability Sacred Anger is a great AOE-damaging skill that can remove all positive effects from enemies. Let’s take a look at Jacob’s skill and exclusive weapon effect in detail:
Sacred Anger – Deals 578% damage to the enemy and removes all positive effects from it.
Deals 193% additional damage if the enemy belongs to the element of darkness.
level 2: +38% to damage, +13% to additional damage
level 3: +38% to damage, +13% to additional damage
level 4: +38% to damage, +13% to additional damage
level 5: +38% to damage, +13% to additional damage
level 6: +38% to damage, +13% to additional damage
level 7: +38% to damage, +13% to additional damage
The Power of the Panther (Exclusive Weapon) – When dealing damage to a weak element, increases the chance of crit. damage by 17% (for Jacob – by 34%) for 2 turns.
Heart of the Sea Login Event
A new login event for the summer season titled “Family Matters” can be seen live in-game. It started on 21st July 2022 and ends on 31st July 2022. Players can claim each reward only 1 time and the rewards do not accumulate over time. Hence, players have to log in for 7 days to claim the reward each day.
Here is the list of rewards:
- Day 1 – Diamonds x 50
- Day 2 – Dragon Blood Potion x 20
- Day 3 – Rare Dragon Guide x 1
- Day 4 – Tears of Ancestors x 1
- Day 5 – Dragon Blood Potion x 25
- Day 6 – Rare Dragon Guide x 2
- Day 7 – Tears of Ancestors x 2
New game modes are the least to be expected with such a crowded space in the Match-3 RPG genre. But, Call of Antia always seems to find a way to excite its players by releasing new content. This time, Alliance Intruder, a new Alliance-based gameplay mode has been introduced to the game with Update 1.6.200.
Some of the major takeaways to note from the new game mode are as follows:
- Every week, the leaders and co-leaders of each Alliance will be able to choose an Alliance Intruder to fight and combat. Different difficulties of Alliance Intruder exist and the leaders can choose the one that satisfies the level of the Alliance.
- All players in the Alliance will be able to fight the Alliance Intruder once a day, using not more than the maximum number of heroes allowed.
- In the Alliance Intruder, players will not be able to control their heroes and they will attack automatically. Each hero will get a chance to use their special moves once during the battles.
- The Dragon and Dragonmaster can provide the players with unique buffs to help them deal more damage or survive longer in the battles.
- Each Alliance Intruder battle lasts for a single day.
- 2 types of rewards – Challenge Rewards and Conquest Rewards are going to be available to be claimed through this game mode.
- Challenge Rewards and the quality of these rewards are dependent on the amount of damage dealt by the players to the dragon during the span of Alliance Intruder.
- Conquest Rewards are sent to all players once the Alliance Intruder has been defeated.
- Alliance leaders and co-leaders will be able to select the next Alliance Intruder only after the current one has expired.
Alliance Battlefield Optimizations
As new changes were made to the Alliance War with the previous Update 1.6.100, new changes are required to be made to the Alliance Battlefield.
Some of the major optimizations made to the Alliance War are as follows:
- Adjustment for Endless Fury battlefield: Increases Attack by 7% and Defense by 7% for the hero and each teammate of the same color on the team.
- Adjustment for Rune Shield battlefield: Heroes will gain a shield equal to 15% of their Max HP for 1 turn after being hit by a skill.
The following are some of the general optimizations that are made to Call of Antia:
- New auto-translate feature for Alliance announcements, Alliance slogans, and mail. Tap the translate button below the text to translate it into your game language.
- Optimized the skill descriptions related to attack cooldown and Attack Rate.
- Added 10 more levels for Chamber of Spirits. Dragoneers can now challenge a total of 60 levels to win more abundant Rewards.
- Optimized the team editing experience. Dragoneers can now equip or change hero weapons from the Edit Team screen.
- Optimized the gestures in the Talent system, such that Dragoneers can now activate multiple Talents with continuous tapping.
That covers everything new that came to Call of Antia with the 21st July update. Players can feel free to refer to the official patch notes to get a more detailed overview. We highly recommend playing Call of Antia on a PC with BlueStacks using a keyboard and mouse for a better gaming experience.