Call of Antia – New Talent System, New Heroes Cynthia, Callisto, Lena, and Battle Speed Optimization
Updates are the synonym for Call of Antia, the free-to-play Match 3 RPG game by FunPlus International that never stops to amaze us with its scheduled bi-weekly updates which introduce a plethora of new content as well as new heroes to keep the game fresh and interesting for all of its players. Call of Antia is available to be downloaded on both Google Play Store and iOS App Store, crossing over 10 million downloads combined which makes it one of the largest match-3 RPG games in existence that support mobile gaming.
The latest update for Call of Antia can already be seen in effect as it was implemented on 9th June 2022 briefly after the patch notes of the update were released. The new update aims to increase the type of content all players can access as well as decrease the time taken for grinding the multiple stages by introducing a new battle speed mode. A new talent system, which was briefly introduced and discusses in the previous update is now fully fleshed out and live in-game. 3 new heroes – Cynthia, Callisto, and Lena are also introduced and will be available to be recruited through the “Aegis Island Song” limited-time summoning banner. Apart from these major announcements, various bug fixes and gameplay optimizations are also included in the patch notes. Let’s take a short look at all the new things that came along with this update in brief.
New Talent System
A new system called “Talent” is being introduced to Call of Antia for players who wanted a new method of improving the stats of their heroes and empowering them further. Players will be able to view and use the Talent system by going to the hero’s menu. This talent system is introduced so that the developers can finally look forward to releasing new content which is more difficult and engaging for the community since many end-game players have started to find the game quite easy. The talent system follows a tree-like structure with multiple branches to choose from. Each 4-Star and 5-Star hero will be having their own talent trees. The developers have mentioned no will to introduce the talent system for 3-Star heroes or 2-Star heroes, hence they will become even more useless than they already are due to their low base stats.
Here are some more details regarding the Talent system:
- Additional Talent trees can be unlocked at 2nd and 4th ascension for 4-Star heroes while for 5-Star, an additional talent tree unlocks at every Ascension.
- The talent system has 2 new currencies which can be used to progress through the talent tree – Asterite and Talent Potion. Asterite is used for unlocking talents while Talent Potion is used for unlocking Extreme Talents.
- Asterite and Talent potions can be acquired from the progress done in the Summon Gate.
- The Talent system aims to increase each hero’s Attack, Defense, HP, and 2 new PvP-exclusive attributes called Intensity and Tenacity.
- The existing Stone Quest has been replaced with Talent Quest and players will be rewarded with Asterite upon completing these quests. The Talent quests open every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
New Heroes Cynthia, Callisto, and Lena
The 3 new heroes being added to Call of Antia are Cynthia, Callisto, and Lena. Out of the 3 new heroes, only Cynthia is a 5-Star hero whereas Callisto and Lena are 4-Star heroes. Players can summon on the limited Aegis Island Song banner which will feature these 3 new heroes at a drop rate-up. The rates remain the same for the base rarity units but players will have a higher chance of obtaining the 3 new heroes if they summon a 5-Star/4-Star unit.
Cynthia is a 5-Star Blue damage dealer unit that has a high base attack of 1015. Her special ability Ten Thousand Arrows is an AOE targeted damaging skill that targets all enemies dealing 288% damage per hit and hitting all enemies 4 times. The skill is a quadruple hitter which is the first hero to do so. Cynthia further grants the Edgy Feathers buff to all allies for 4 turns. Edgy Feather is a great attack boosting buff that increases the Attack of all Blue allies by 54% while increasing the attack of non-blue allies by 20%. It’s clear that Cynthia is made for Blue teams as she can not only output major Blue elemental DPS but also provide Buffs that can boost the Attack of all allies, giving more importance to blue elemental allies. Let’s take a look at Cynthia’s skill and exclusive weapon effect in detail:
Ten Thousand Arrows – Deals 288% damage to all enemies for 4 hits. Grants Edgy Feather effect to allies that last for 4 turns.
Edgy Feather: Increases blue allies’ attack by 54%, and non-blue allies’ attack by 20%.
Winter Moon (Exclusive Weapon) – Increases Attack by 20% (for Cynthia, 40%) for 3 turns after gaining a buff.
Callisto is a 4-Star Yellow damage dealer and buffer who has a low base attack of 754 but a solid defense of 754. Her special ability Army Sweeper is an AOE targeted damaging skill that deals 160% damage to all enemies, hitting each enemy 4 times which makes this a quadruple hitting skill as well. Callisto further increases the Attack of all yellow elemental allies by 43% for 3 turns each.
Army Sweeper – Deals 160% damage to all enemies for 4 hits, and increases the Attack of all yellow allies by 43% for 3 turns.
Oath of Freedom (Exclusive Weapon) – Increases the chance of a crit by 21% (for Callisto, 42%) for 3 turns after gaining a buff.
Lena is a 4-Star Green elemental damage dealer and buffing unit with a low base attack of 761, high base defense of 761, and high HP of 1462. Her special ability Spiral Slash is an AOE targeted damaging skill that states it will deal 288% damage to all enemies with this skill hitting all enemies 3 times each. Her ability further increases the Defense of all green elemental allies by 60% for 5 turns each.
Spiral Slash – Deals 288% damage to all enemies for 3 hits, and increases the Defense of all green allies by 60% for 5 turns.
Summit Slicer (Exclusive Weapon) – Increases the chance of a crit by 13% (for Lena, 26%) for 3 turns after gaining a buff.
New Battle Speed Introduction
For the speed lovers and grinders in Call of Antia, we have very exciting news as the 3X battle speed option is finally going to be available with this update live on 9th June 2022. Players will be able to play their battles that much faster and this 3X speed can be used in every match of every content, just like 1X and 2X Battle speeds. Players can toggle the battle speed settings during the battles on the top right-hand side.
Father’s Day Login Event
A new login event titled “Father’s Day”, specially launched for the occasion of Father’s Day is going to be starting on 19th June 2022 and ending on 29th June 2022. Players will be able to earn juicy rewards among the likes of Diamonds, Tears of Ancestors, etc just by logging in for 7 days. These logins need not be consecutive but overall. Players can get their hands on the following rewards:
- Day 1 – Diamonds x 50
- Day 2 – Aldin’s Gift x 1
- Day 3 – Rare Forge Stone x 20
- Day 4 – Tears of Ancestors x 1
- Day 5 – Lucky Clover x 1
- Day 6 – Diamonds x 50
- Day 7 – Tears of Ancestors x 2
Gameplay and General Optimizations
The proposed changes to further enhance the gameplay experience of players along with some general optimizations:
- Optimized maps in Campaign Stages. Added more visual effects including water, cloud, and fog of war. The fog of war will be cleared once the Chapter is unlocked.
- Optimized the grouping rules in Tournament of Valor.
- The entrance to Hero Trials has been moved to the summon pool page.
The proposed changes coming specifically to daily missions to make the gameplay sessions for players smoother and reward them more:
- Mission “Clear a level in the Tower of Courage” has been changed to “Challenge Tower of Courage 1 time”. The mission will be completed regardless of whether you win or not.
- Mission “Consume 180/360 energy” has been adjusted to “Consume 120/240/320 energy”.
- Mission “Spend 300k/600k gold” has been adjusted to “Spend 150k/300k/600k gold”.
- Replaced mission “Perform rune slot ascension once” with a Campaign Stage mission.
- New main missions “Social Expert”: Follow the official social accounts to complete the missions and claim rewards.
- New main missions of Runes and Talents: You can complete the missions by conducting certain times of rune slot ascension, activating a certain number of hero Talents, or fully activating the Talents of a certain number of heroes.
We hope you enjoyed our coverage of all the new things that came to Call of Antia with the 9th June 2022 update. Players can feel free to refer to the official patch notes to get a more detailed overview. We highly recommend playing Call of Antia on a PC with BlueStacks using a keyboard and mouse for a better gaming experience.